Chapter 14

Without You

I keep trying to scream and he leans more on top of me. I start punching his back with my free hand but he doesn't budge getting off. I scream louder and then bite into the palms of his hand. He flinches his hand back and I immediately push him off as much as I can.

 

I quickly open the car door and fall out the car, him still kind of on top of me. I drag myself away from him and quickly stand up, running away without turning back.

A couple of minutes later, I found myself back at the school. I looked around and it was a bit empty, there were still some students inside. I looked at the street in front of me and decided to run over to Jungkook's house.

I reached his house about 4 minutes later. I ran as fast as I could and I held in my tears. People stared at me as I was running.

I banged on Jungkook's door and yelled for him to open up. There was no answer. I kept banging on the door and still no answer. I finally gave up and fell to the ground on my knees, crying.

A few minutes later, while I was still bawling, I feel someone walk up behind me. I thought it was YeJun. I thought he followed me. I didn't turn around.

"JiYoon?" I hear the voice. It wasn't YeJun. I turn around and it was Jungkook, still wearing his backpack. Why did he barely leave from school? Or was he somewhere else before this. He just stared at me for a while and the his eyes became wide. He lifted me up and quickly opened the door, pushing me inside and sitting me down on the couch.

He goes over to close the door and quickly comes back and sits next to me. He looks at my hair, that's probably really messed up. His eyes met with my neck. Gosh the marks YeJun probably left. My uniform was untucked and I think he got the hint of what happened, but he still asked.

"Did YeJun..." he asks. I nod before he finished and tears fell down again, but no sounds. I'm still scarred, I'm scared.

"For 's sake, I told you!" he yells at me. "I warned you!"

More tears fell down my cheeks. I came to be comforted, not scolded. He sighs and shakes his head. He pulls me closer to him and hugs me. He rubs my back for the next 7 minutes. I wasn't crying but tears did fall down my cheeks.

As he was hugging me, he started telling me the whole story of why he warned me about him.

"Hyung used to be our friend, but he didn't like hanging out with us in school. I mean okay yeah, we have a bad reputation but when we found out what he did we wanted him out. I may have broken some girls hearts, Jimin hyung may have made out with plenty, TaeHyung hyung may be popular with many, but YeJun hyung...he went too far with the girls and we yelled at him. We didn't want him to put that bad of an image on us." he says. I release from his hug and look at him.

"Why didn't you just tell me?" I shout at him.

"Because I thought you'd think I was lying about it. I don't know, I thought you'd think I wanted to make your life worse or something or I just didn't want you to be with him. But I was serious when I warned you. I felt like he'd do this to you. Did he, do it, to you?" he asks me. I shake my head.

"Almost." I say. "We were in the car and he got angry. He started getting jealous because I keep being with you and then, he just kissed me and went on top of me."

Jungkook sighs and pulls me back in for a hug. I bury my face into his chest and hug him back. I guess that caught him by surprise because his arms released for a few seconds, and then he put them back around and hugged me again.

I sigh into his chest and I hear him chuckle. I look up at him and he's smiling innocently again at me.

"What?" I say.

"We're friends again, huh?" he says. I push away from him and he starts laughing. I turned my face, trying not to smile. I think I really do like him.

"Yeah, yeah. Sure. Whatever." I say. He grabs my cheeks and starts squeezing them. I slap his hands away and turn my face again. I felt myself blushing.

"Yay, you're happy!" he says. I scoff and look at him.

"Why are you so nice?" I ask him. He stares at me confused. "I mean, in school you're such an . But out of it, you're just really nice."

He smiles.

"I don't know. It feels good." he says.

"Being an and a player feels good?"

"Well, the feeling of people fearing you and the feeling of girls wanting you, yeah." he answers. I roll my eyes and he starts laughing. "Hey! It's good to feel good about yourself once in a while you know."

"Yeah but if it means others get hurt by it, then I'm not so sure." I tell him. He rolls his eyes and then looks at me. He gets up from the couch and goes into his bathroom. He comes back out with a brush in his hand.

He sits back down next to me and gestures me to turn around with his finger. I turn around and he grabs my hair and starts brushing it. I flinch a little since it was slightly tangled, but he was gentle. He keeps brushing my hair and when he finished, I combed it with my fingers and it felt smooth.

"Done." he says. "I can't fix the marks on your neck but there with your hair."

"Thanks." I say and he nods, going back to put the brush away.

"Hey." he says, coming back out the bathroom. I look at him. "You know how you said hyung was angry at you for hanging out with me?"

I nodded slowly.

"Be with me the whole day tomorrow." he says. I raise an eyebrow. "Yeah. Like hang out with me all day tomorrow. Ditch art class with me tomorrow. Make him see you not there and find out later on you were with me the whole time. It'll be good revenge for us both. Well not really revenge for me but it'll be nice to see him angry."

I chuckle and then nod my head. He smiles and gets up and goes to the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" I shout.

"Cooking. Don't come in. You're not burning yourself." he shouts back. I just laugh.

***

It was kind of awkward with Jungkook the next day. We didn't really talk much at lunch but we were with each other the whole time. YeJun did come to school and he acted normal, as if what he did to me was nothing.

Art class, Jungkook grabbed me and dragged me to a place where the proctors don't usually hang around. So we wouldn't get in trouble for ditching.

"I have something that will probably anger him when class finishes." Jungkook says, sitting down on the floor. I chuckle at him because there's a bench but I don't know why he's on the ground.

"What is it?" I ask.

"You'll see."

I just look around the school and wonder if anyone got the wrong idea if they saw Jungkook and I the whole day today. I mean, we didn't do much but we just hung out together.

"Just roll with me when I do it." he says, getting up from the ground. I nod even though he's not looking at me. He checks his phone and smirks. He looks at me and nods for me to follow him. I get up form the bench and follow him towards the art room.

The bell rings as soon as we get there and he grabs my wrist and drags me towards the wall. He pushes my back against it and my eyes became wide. He places one hand against the wall next to my head and winks at me. Then he looks over to the right and then looks back at me. He cups my cheek with his other hand and leans closer to my face. Our nose touch from the sides.

"He's here. Just go with it." he says, and then leans closer and kisses me. My eyes shot wide open before I closed it and kissed back. My heart started racing and I just couldn't believe what he was doing.

His kisses were just very slow and passionate, and he started caressing my cheek with his thumb. My heart started beating faster.

I hear people near by go "Ooooooooo" and I hear someone say, "YeJun I found your girlfriend." and they start to laugh. I chuckled hearing it, feeling happy inside that he's probably annoyed. When I chuckled, Jungkook started chuckling too. We both just chuckled for a short while and I opened my eyes to look at him. I bit my bottom lip to stop myself from laughing.

He opened his eyes and looked at me. I saw his eyes slightly look to the right, just a little, and he looked back at me. He pecked my lips and smiled. Then pecked it and smiled again. And he repeated it about 3 more times. He looked back over to the right completely and smirked. He pushes himself away and leans next to me on the wall. I looked at him and then around us. People weren't crowding around as I thought they would, but they all stared at us when they passed by. In the distance, I saw YeJun push himself through people to get out of the school. I wondered why he was angry. He tried to me and he's mad at this?

"Ahh, he's totally pissed." Jungkook says. I looked at him and punched him on the arm.

"Ow! What was that?" he yells, rubbing it. I scoff.

"What the hell Jungkook?!" I shout. He keeps rubbing his arm for a while and then started laughing.

"Oh come on. Nobody will really care. They'll probably think I got you into kissing me. Who's going to believe we're dating?" he says. I shake my head.

"No, not that. But don't you have a girlfriend?" I ask him. He raises an eyebrow.

"What?" he asks.

"At the bubble tea place. I saw you walk out with a girl beside you. You two seemed to get close." I tell him.

"Oh. That? Hyung tried to hook me up with some girl who was very interested in me. The most I could do was drop her home after I said no." he tells me. I nod my head. So he is single.

"Jungkook, wow I was weirdly watching the whole thing between you two." Jimin says, walking towards us. I froze.

"It's nothing hyung. Just YeJun did the thing to her and we just wanted revenge on him." Jungkook says. Jimin looks at me and raises his eyebrow.

"Ah, he did it to you?" Jimin asks. I shake my head.

"Almost." I answer. Jimin pats my shoulders and then starts chuckling.

"No, but seriously. You two seemed pretty intense." He starts laughing. Jungkook scoffed and I just stayed silent. I bit the inside of my bottom lip. I just made out with Jeon Jungkook. I shook my head.

"Is he a good kisser?" Jimin asks me. I pushed him away and he just starts cracking up.

"I still can't believe I got myself involved with you guys." I say, pushing myself off the wall. Jungkook grabs my arm and pulls me back next to him.

"Uh, uh, uhh." he says. "I told you to be with me the whole day today."

"I thought you only meant during school?!" I shout at him. He chuckles and shakes his head.

"Who knows if we'll bump into YeJun outside of school." he says.

"I was going to go home when school ended." 

"We need to work on our project. But we'll work on it at the park. Let's go." he says, dragging me away.

"Well bye guys thanks. It's not like I'm standing right here." Jimin shouts. I start laughing.

***

"You're pathetic." I hear someone say behind Jungkook and I. We were sitting on a park bench, sketching out ideas of cities for our project. We both turn around and see YeJun standing there, looking at me.

"When I do that to you, you start freaking out but when he does it, you're just fine." he says to me. I stand up.

"You were lifting up my skirt YeJun. You were doing things to me I wasn't comfortable with and I didn't want it to go to far." I yell at him. I see YeJun lift up his hand and I knew he was going to slap me right there. I squinted my eyes and waited for it, but nothing.

I opened one eye and see Jungkook standing up, holding YeJun's wrist. YeJun looks at him and spits in his face. Jungkook just takes it and does nothing. YeJun looks back at me and scoffs.

"You're a . You had me yesterday and you take Jungkook today? Now I know why you keep quiet, because if you didn't you'd go on every guy huh?" he says to me. He removes his wrist from Jungkook's grip and walks away.

I look at Jungkook, impressed and proud of him. He looks down and wipes the spit off his face.

"Hey. You didn't fight him." I say, smiling. He looks at me and smiles a little, nodding slightly.

"I don't know. I just didn't feel like fighting him. It's not worth it." he says. My eyebrows raise.

"A fight with him isn't worth it? But a fight with random guys in school is?" I tell him. He glares at me and I start laughing.

"Okay, if you want to, you can go home now." Jungkook says, getting up from the school bench.

"Can you drop me?" I say. He stops and I think my heart stopped for a second too. Nobody ever dropped me home. Nobody ever knows where I live. I just can't believe I asked him that. He turns and looks at me.

"Yeah. Okay." he says. I get up and breathe out. We both started walking out towards my house. Oh gosh, what is going on?