Chapter 21

Without You

Last day of school for the first year, finally. When holidays are over, it'll be just a few more months until school actually ends. And then one more year to go.

While I was waiting in line to get my food for lunch, I felt someone hug me from behind. I chuckle to myself and roll my eyes.

"Jungkook. I said not right-" I stop, seeing that it wasn't Jungkook. I scoff.

"Jungkook?" YeJun says, raising an eyebrow. I roll my eyes again and turn back around.

"What do you want?" I ask him. He tries to hug me from behind again but I elbowed his chest, making him back up.

"Are you and Jungkook a thing now?" he asks, stepping in front of me. I shake my head.

"We're not dating." I tell him. He laughs, not believing me.

"Sure. Sure you two aren't. I mean everyone says Jungkook's name when they get a back hug from someone." he says, scoffing. I shake my head.

"It's nothing. Leave me alone please." I say, stepping around him as the line moved forward. YeJun stayed next to me. I sigh.

"YeJun. If you want me back then you should just give up now. Nothing you say or do is going to make me go back with you." I tell him. "Especially after you made them believe I spread that stupid rumor with you. You're pathetic."

"You sure?" he says, grabbing my chin and turning it to face him. I jerk my head away from his direction and continue on with the line.

"You gave Jungkook, who has left you about two times now even though he knows what you go through, a second chance. You can give me another." he continues.

"What you did doesn't deserve a second chance." I say. He cups my cheek and I roll my eyes again.

"You know, technically we didn't break up." he says. I look at him and glare.

"Okay. Fine. We're done. Now we're officially broken up." I say. He scoffs and uncups my cheek, walking away.

***

"JiYoon!" I hear Jungkook shout my name. I turn around, as I'm walking to art, and he catches up with me.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Are you going back with YeJun hyung?" he slightly shouts, too tired to even raise his voice. I laugh.

"What? No." I say. He raises an eyebrow.

"I don't know JiYoon. People have been talking about you two during lunch time." he says. I groan.

"He wants me to give him another chance and he's doing what you do. Try to woo me over." I say.

"Hey!" he shouts. I chuckle a little.

"Why? Jealous?" I say. He scoffs and looks away. He's totally jealous. Or maybe just worried if I do go back to him.

As I was about to walk back towards art, Jungkook pulls me close to him and throws his arms around my waist. He moves my excess hair out of my face and smiles down at me. I smile, and then push him away.

"Aish. It's been about 4 days already." he tells me. I stay smiling, very innocently. I start walking to class and he follows after me.

***

Class ended and Jungkook invited me over to his house. I accepted and he dragged me out the school and started heading towards his house.

"Is your sister coming back anytime soon?" I ask him.

"Yeah. Actually for the New Years." he answers, his tone raising from I guess excitement and/or happiness.

"Ah, that's great. I'd like to see her again." I tell him. Jungkook chuckles and hugs me from behind, continuing to walk towards his house.

I was about to remove his arms from me but he hugged me tighter, and he even rested his chin on top of my head.

"At least hugs. Please?" he asks. I sigh and roll my eyes.

"Fine. Hugs." I say. I can feel him smiling on top of my head, and he hugs me a bit tighter.

We arrive at his house a couple of minutes later. After he closes the door, he immediately turns me around and pulls me real close to him. His arms around my waist, our faces a few inches apart. Almost no distance between us. I breathe fast because I got shocked. It was out of nowhere.

He leans his back against the wall and hugs me tighter.

"Jungkook. I told you already." I said. He rolls his eyes.

"Yeah. I'm not going to be that jerk. I know. But, no one from school is near. They won't know so they can't say anything about me being 'that jerk'." he says, combing my hair back.

"You're unbelievable." I said. He chuckles and pecks my lips.

"I'm not kissing you." I told him. He starts to pout. I chuckle and shake my head.

"Jungkook. We're not even dating." I say. He starts to smirk.

"JiYoon? Will you be my girlfriend?" he asks. My heart started beating faster by it, but that wasn't going to do it.

"Oh. So you ask me when I bring it up?" I say.

"Hey! You know you were going to say no if I brought it up earlier myself!" he shouts. I chuckle and ruffle his hair.

"Smart boy." I say, releasing myself from his hug. I go over and lay down on his couch. I lean my head back, looking over at him. I see him still leaning against the wall, his arms crossed this time and he's glaring at me. I smile and sit up.

"You said your sister will be coming for the New Years? When?" I ask. He pushes himself off the wall and goes to sit next to me.

"She said sometime next week. She hasn't bought the flight to here yet, but when she does she'll tell me." he says.

"And you'll tell me?" I ask. He nods his head.

"I'll tell you." he says, hugging me from the side. Again, I was about to push him away.

"Hey. You said hugs were okay." he says. I scoff as he sits closer to me. "But then you didn't say anything when I pecked you."

I look over at him and his chin is resting on my shoulder.

"I said I wasn't going to kiss you." I told him. He rolls his eyes and pecks my lips again. He pecks them a couple more times until they slowly turned into an actual kiss. I didn't push him away. Deep down inside, I secretly didn't want to push him away. It was just cute seeing him irritated by me doing so.

He cups my cheek with one hand, making the kiss passionate. Almost as passionate as the time we did this to piss off YeJun. He leans forward, and I start to lean back onto the couch. I quickly shot my hand back, lifting myself up. Honestly, I'm still scarred about what YeJun did in the car. I don't feel safe laying down anymore, even though I know Jungkook isn't that type of person. I think Jungkook noticed because he stopped leaning forward, and started leaning back.

With one arm holding myself up, I threw the other around his neck. He chuckles and I've never heard his chuckle ever go that low. It sent shivers. He pulls away and looks at me, our faces still pretty close.

"You weren't going to kiss me?" he says. I roll my eyes. He started leaning down to kiss my neck, but my eyes widened when I saw what was behind him. I slowly pushed him away, and he looks at me. He turns around and he finally sees what I see too.

Jungkook quickly stands up, and he starts choking on his own words. Or in literal terms his saliva.

"Dad..." he says. "Early? Again? Where's Mom?"

"Mom is staying at work. I decided to take the early day off." his dad replied. "And I wish I hadn't."

I gulp.