Chapter 18

Without You

Jungkook didn't speak to me at all for the past week. But it doesn't bother me anymore.

YeJun still tried to get me to hang out with him. He keeps telling me that I'll be alone again if I don't become his friend, and possibly girlfriend again. I told him I rather be alone.

Getting friends just made everything bad. If I was still alone, I'd be fine. I mean my parents got divorced but I would be happy. I could visit my mother. My dad is treating me good. My life would be great! Amazing! If I just didn't fall for Jungkook; if I didn't fall for YeJun.

It's Saturday, a weekend. I have nothing to do. For the past week, I've been stuck in my room every time I came home from school. My dad noticed and he asked if I was okay. I told him that everything's fine. That I'm probably going to not have friends again. He asked why and I told him I'll explain later, when I finally know why Jungkook is ignoring me and TaeHyung is disliking me.

I still can't get over the fact that he's ignoring me. After all we've done and been through together. After all the things I've told him, and the things he told me. After all the things he's done for me, to make sure I don't hurt myself again. He ignores me? And for what reason? I don't know. I want to know but at the same time I don't. I'm worried that it'll be something stupid like last time.

At first I thought he was ignoring me because of that kiss at the NamSan tower, but it can't be that. He was still talking to me. He just stopped  talking to me when TaeHyung came up to us and took him away. Well, not Jungkook has a girlfriend so ignoring him back myself is so easy.

Jimin's different though. He's actually still interacting with me. He's not talking to me but whenever he looks at me, and I look at him, he smiles and just walks away. Jungkook just quickly looks away and TaeHyung as always, rolls his eyes. I wonder why Jimin is kind.

My phone rings and it's from an unknown number. I let it ring for a few more seconds, debating whether I should answer it or not. I decide to answer.

"Hello? Who's this?" I say.

"Oh, so you deleted my number." the person over the phone says. "It's YeJun."

I scoff.

"Of course I deleted your number. I don't want to talk to you." I say, about to hang up.

"Wait! You seriously like the idea of being alone?" he asks me.

"Yes."

"Whatever then." he says, and hangs up. I scoff and roll my eyes, putting my phone down beside me.

I was doing fine being alone before, I can be fine being alone again. I guess I was just so in love with the idea of people actually liking me, people actually wanting to be my friend. And look where that got me. I'm alone again and heartbroken slightly. How do people with a bunch of friends deal with this? Heartbreaks? Loosing people who they thought cared about them? It's so much better being alone. Although I do kind of miss the feeling of being wanted.

I get up from my bed and go and change my clothes. I dress in something casual. I'm going to go out. I don't want to think about this anymore.

***

I'm walking around the streets of Seoul. I have no final destination. I'm just walking around. I passed by McDonalds. I was so tempted to go in and buy something, but for some reason I decided not to.

But then, I reached Starbucks and I just went straight inside. I ordered the basic caramel frap and a chocolate filled croissant. I get my order and walk upstairs to the "eating" rooms. There's like 3-4 floors in here to just eat, and use for studying and homework.

I go over to an empty table and sit down. I just sit there awkwardly alone, eating my croissant. I look around at others who were alone. They looked normal. Probably because they have a notebook/textbook in front of them, actually doing something. Or even a laptop on the desks, with their food and drinks to the side. I'm just here alone, eating.

I finally finish my drink and croissant, and I get up to go walk downstairs. I press the button to open the door, and as I walk out, someone bumps into me. I turn to look at who it was and it was a girl.

"Oh my! I'm sorry!" she says. I smile and just shake my head.

"No. It's okay." I tell her. She smiles and I recognize her. I think that's Jungkook's girlfriend.

"Hey! Are you JiYoon?" she asks me. I look at her and then slowly nod my head. I'm surprised that she knows my name.

"Yeah, how do you know me?" I ask her.

"Oh, everyone knows you. You used to be really close with Jungkook right?" she asks. I nod.

"Well, it was great meeting you!" she smiles. I force a slight smile back at her. As soon as I was going to turn around and walk downstairs, I see Jungkook coming down towards her.

"Hey babe." he says to her, pecking her lips. I didn't know whether to cringe or feel sad. I actually felt pretty numb. She chuckled and said hi back to him. They both look at me and I regret not leaving downstairs already.

I look at Jungkook and immediately look at his girlfriend. I smile at her.

"Well, see you in school I guess." I say to her. She smiles and bows down, saying goodbye. I nod and then quickly walk downstairs. I hate that she's pretty.

***

"JiYoon. You sure you're okay?" My dad asks me during dinner. I sigh and nod my head. He doesn't ask again.

We keep eating in silence. I finished and put my chopsticks down, and look at my dad.

"Dad, I'm confused." I say. He looks at me and swallows.

"With what?" he asks.

"Guys." I say. My dad raises an eyebrow. "What if there's a guy that you thought you had a crush on? And like, he knows things about you that nobody knows about and he shows that he cares for you. And then out of nowhere, he stops talking to you?"

My dad just stares at me, not getting what I'm saying. I shake my head and say never mind. I finish eating and get up to go wash my dish.

"No. I'll wash it." he says. He gets up and pushes me aside. I chuckle and roll my eyes, leaving the dining room.

I go straight to my room and lie down on my bed. I stare at the ceiling. For the past week, I've been forcing myself to delete Jungkook's number. But I couldn't. I couldn't do it. I don't know why. I probably still have feelings for him. It's time to get rid of those.

***

I'm on my way to art class and I catch the bad boy group. I look over at them and Jimin looks at me. He smiles and looks over at TaeHyung and Jungkook. They seemed to not be paying attention to Jimin, so he comes walking towards me.

"Hey beautiful." he says, smiling at me. I roll my eyes and already regret thinking he could be a friend.

"You have a girlfriend, stop." I tell him. He chuckles and rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, I know." he says. "But I'm not going to lie."

"Whatever." I say. I continue walking to my class.

"Hey, hey, hey! Wait a minute." he says, catching up to me and grabbing my shoulder. "Aren't you going to ask me why your precious boyfriend is ignoring you?"

"YeJun isn't my boyfriend." I say. He scoffs.

"You know I'm not talking about him. And he's not even ignoring you." Jimin says. "You know I'm talking about Jungkook."

"Jungkook has a girlfriend. Don't call him my boyfriend."

"Do you want to know or not?" he shouts at me. I look at him for a while and shake my head.

"No. I don't want to deal with him anymore." I say. "I don't want to know anyways."

"You sure?" he says. I roll my eyes and walk away. "He told me about the kiss."

I stop walking and look at him. He starts chuckling and comes closer to me.

"I was just kidding about the kiss. He didn't tell me anything about I kiss. I didn't even know that you two kissed until right now when you stopped and looked at me nervously." he says laughing really loud. I start to blush, but I was more annoyed than shy.

"So you two kissed? When? Who kissed who?" he asks. I stay silent and just glare at him. But he continues asking those questions over and over and over again, purposely annoying me.

"A week ago. Namsan Tower. He did first. Happy?" I tell him. He smiles and pats my shoulder before walking off back to Jungkook and TaeHyung. I groan and finally walk to my art class.

The bell rings and everyone's sitting in class. Jungkook just naps on his desk. I tap onto the desk with my pencil, creating a random beat in my head since I'm super bored. I start bobbing my head up and down with the beat, and even hum to myself.

Mr. Song doesn't say anything to us. Everyone just goes and does their normal routine of working on their project. I chuckle to myself, seeing most of them just starting their project. Procrastinators. The project is due next week and they're barely starting. I can't imagine the stress they probably have.

I keep tapping on my desk and my pencil suddenly flies off my hand. I spazz out a little, a bit shocked wondering how that even happened. I see it hit Jungkook on the top of his head. I started busting up laughing.

He sits up and rubs the back of his head, and I'm just dying from laughter. People are looking over my way, but I didn't care. It was totally unintentional but it smacked him pretty hard. He deserves that at least.

"What the hell?" he says. I'm trying to calm down from laughing by covering my mouth. But I couldn't stop. I just look weird probably, with my mouth covering and my body moving because I'm silently laughing hard now.

I turn my face away from him and just continue laughing to myself. I finally calmed down and breathed in and out deeply. I finally exhaled and sat back straight in my seat. I'm still mentally laughing.

"Class. Remember in the beginning of the year when I said that you're going to be stuck with your partner for both years?" Mr. Song says, standing up in front of the class. We all look over at him.

"Well, I'm thinking about changing that. Maybe you can change your partner for the second year, if you want to. I feel like it's good to experience art with other people, get different ideas." he says. "I'll update you guys when I'm sure I'll let you guys change partners."

I started smiling a little bit. This can totally help me with ignoring Jungkook. Good thing we already finished our project. I don't have to go over to his house anymore and work on it with him. I don't have to speak with him anymore. I don't care who I get paired up with next year, if anyone wants to even pair with me. I just hope it's not YeJun.

"Also, for sure next year you guys have to use a different medium for your projects. Don't always draw, or don't always sculpt. Do your project in a different next year okay?" Mr. Song says. In unison we reply back "yes".

I sit back in my desk, a bit happy. Maybe my life can finally go back the way it used to be. Where I don't have to worry about drama with "friends".