Chapter 13

Without You

YeJun and I just walked around the park. We both got tired and decided to sit down on the grass, near a tall tree. He put his arm around me and we cuddled there.

I'm warning you about him.

Those words from Jungkook's mouth just played over in my head. I don't know what there is to worry about with him. I lay my head on his shoulder and he's rubbing my arm. I stared blankly in front of me thinking what Jungkook could be talking about, but nothing came to mind. He's a nice guy. The only thing irritating about him is that he's a bit overprotective, but that's only when it came to Jungkook, which I found understandable.

I stared blankly in front of me, lost in thought. I guess YeJun noticed because I heard him chuckle and then he pecked me on the cheek. And I don't know why but at that moment I thought to myself, I wish JungSoon eonni was here. I don't know why I wished Jungkook's sister was still here.

"Are you okay?" he asks me. I look at him and force out a tiny smile, and nod my head. I lied to him that I'm thinking about my mom and finally told him about my parent's divorce, even though he probably got the hint that one day in art when I made it quite obvious.

He apologizes to me and starts cracking jokes to try and cheer me up, but obviously it didn't work since that wasn't what I was really sad or deep in thought about. I just chuckled to make it seem like it was working.

"Since when did you meet TaeHyung? Or them I guess." I asked him. I was curious to what type of relationship they had, and why all three of them don't like him. He sighs and sits up straight.

"I knew TaeHyung and Jimin since we were 12? Around that age. I met Jungkook first year as well, when he started becoming friends with them. I was never in their 'crew' if you want to call those three that, but I hung out with them a lot. Jungkook never really liked me, and I never knew why." he starts off. "I'll be honest with you, I used to be like those guys."

I look at him, my head tilted and confused. He starts to chuckle.

"I used to be like them with the fights and the girls, but I'd do it out of school. Never with them or in school. I wasn't risking having it put on my school records like them. But one day, they all hated me and yelled at me for who knows why and I haven't talked to them ever since. I guess TaeHyung thought I moved since then. It wasn't that long ago either. Last year."

I nodded my head and looked forward. He rubbed my arms and told me not to worry because he's changed. He doesn't fight anymore or even pick girls just to pick them. I guess he thought I was starting to think he chose me because I seemed "easy". I wasn't thinking about that at all. I was just wondering why they stopped liking him, since apparently he doesn't know why.

I scratched my left arm, since it was starting to get really itchy. It was probably the grass, and I guess grass and burnt skin don't go well together.

YeJun looks at me and just chuckles.

"Just lift up your sleeve and let the wind scratch it for you." he says. "Scratching it yourself will make it worse."

I stop scratching it and just sit there, pretending that it doesn't itch anymore even though it really did. It got worse too. He looks at me and shakes his head.

He reaches his hands towards my arm and quickly lifts up my sleeve. I winced from shock and from how hard he was grabbing onto my arm. He looks at it and then looks up at me, completely shocked and confused.

"These aren't red spots from your scratches huh?" he asks me. I just stared at him and I didn't answer. Finally, I slowly shook my head, and he just stared blankly at me and then my arm.

***

A few days later, Monday, YeJun became a bit weird towards me. I don't know if he was weird because he was trying to take in the fact that I harm myself or if he was doing it because he was trying to not bring it up and still wants to be with me. This is exactly what I was worried about. That he would understand and not leave me.

But the weird thing about him being weird towards me was that he became a bit more clingy? Well, not like over-possessive or more over-protective, but more skin-ship clingy. I received more kisses from him today than I ever did last week.

"YeJun, are you coming over today or are you going to be with your boyfriend?" Jungkook asks me, snapping his fingers in front of my face in art. I snapped back into reality and looked at him.

"Oh, yeah. I'm coming today." I answer softly. He scoffs and gets up. I watch him as he goes over to the counter, getting a box of colored pencils, and coming back to the seat.

"Ideas." he says. I look at him. "We need ideas. It's been weeks and we have nothing."

I sigh and nod. I scoot my chair closer to him and stare at the colored pencils.

"We're doing cities, right?" I asked. He nods his head and catches that something's wrong.

"Are you okay?" he asks. I sigh.

"Why did you and your whatever-they-are, TaeHyung and Jimin, start disliking YeJun?" I ask him. Jungkook scoffs and looks away from me, his tongue the inside of his bottom lips.

"Why? Did he do something to you?" he asks me. I shake my head, but then I lift up my left arm onto the table. He stares at it.

"What?" he asks.

"He found out." I said. Jungkook just stares at me, and then at my arm.

"What did he do?" he asks.

"Nothing. He just said that he didn't understand why I do it. He just told me to stop it." I answer back. Jungkook's eyes widen and he sits up straight onto his chair and turns his body fully towards me. He grabs my arm softly and pulls them behind the desk, so nobody can see and he lifts up my sleeve. .

"You're doing it again?" he whispers. "You got another lighter, didn't you?"

I stayed quiet. He gets up from his seat and walks over to the other side of me. I watched him and he goes inside my backpack and takes out my lighter. He puts it in his pocket and goes back to his seat.

Tears started pouring out of my eyes. I just lost another lighter. I wanted to yell at him right there to give it back but then that'd mean the class would listen, and the teacher could find out.

One by one, slowly, tears fell. I just stared straight into the desk in front of me and said nothing. I bit my bottom lip, hoping it'd stop me from sniffing or even bursting out into tears and sobs. From the corner of my eye, Jungkook was slouched down onto his chair. His hand was in a slight fist on the desk and he just kept moving his fingers around, still in fist form. His other hand was in his pocket.

The bell rang and I quickly grabbed my backpack and threw it over my shoulder. I got up from my seat as fast as I could and I walked straight out the classroom. I hear footsteps coming after me.

"JiYoon!" Jungkook shouts. He gets closer and he grabs my right wrist, pulling me back towards him.

"Let go of me!" I shout at him.

"Oh come on. Don't be mad at me because I'm trying to help you." he says, letting go of me. I stood there and stared straight at both our feet. I was breathing heavily and tears poured out faster.

"We're not friends. Don't help." I say, my voice cracking because of the tears.

"Just because we're not friends doesn't mean I like the fact you can hurt yourself." he says. My breathing grew faster and I started crying more. I fell forward into his chest and cried. He slowly put his arms around me and held me the whole time. He didn't move me anywhere, not even to just sit down. We just stayed there as I cried into his chest, people possibly stopping and looking at us, especially if they knew Jungkook is comforting someone.

A minute later, someone pulled me away from Jungkook slowly. It was YeJun. He pulled me into his arms instead and I looked at Jungkook. He just nodded at us both and walked off. I was so close to running after him, but I held it in.

YeJun walked us both over to his car. He put me in his front seat and he sat in the front. He didn't say anything. He just had one hand on the staring wheel and the other on his lap. He started the car and started driving, I had no idea where.

A few minutes later, I finally calmed down and looked at him.

"Where are we going?" I asked him. He didn't answer and just kept driving. I kept quiet and watched the streets. We ended up in front of a quiet neighborhood, I'm guessing where he lives. When he parked in front of a house, he stays in the car.

"You like him don't you?" he says.

"What?" I say, looking at him. He looks at me.

"Jungkook. You like him don't you? You told him all those things about you right away, but you don't tell me until I have to find out myself." he says. I just stay looking at him. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know if I should make him believe that I don't, even though I don't really like Jungkook that way, or if I should just accept it and have him break up with me since I want that. But if I accept it, he'll probably tell Jungkook and the last thing I want is to have Jungkook think I like him. So I just stayed quiet.

He leans closer to me and his lips are just a short distance apart from mine. He doesn't lean in, maybe waiting for me to lean away. If I leaned away, maybe he'll tell himself that "I like Jungkook". I kept thinking whether I should do nothing or actually lean away. But from thinking too much, he leans in himself and starts kissing me.

I don't really kiss back but he's moving his lips too fast that he moves them for me. He leans closer to me and I feel his hands reach over me to the other side, where the door is. My eyes widened when he made my chair lean back.

I pulled away and when I did, he attacked my neck with his lips. He went over to my side and was on top of me before I could even blink. I tried to push him off but then he grabbed both my wrists and pinned them against the seat. I tried arching my body up, to push him off of me but he was too heavy. I started shouting no but he released one of my hands to cover my mouth. I kept shouting and trying to bite his palms, but he doesn't let go.

You know what about having a uniform for school? The girls wear skirts.