Chapter 19

Without You

It was one week before the last day of school for the year. I've survived this long without speaking to Jungkook. I've survived this long for not knowing why they suddenly hate me.

Jimin still tries to talk to me, but I tell him I don't want to deal with any of them. YeJun keeps saying the same thing to me.

"You're so weird for wanting to be alone." is what he'd say.

Yesterday my dad asked me what type of friends did I have. I answered back, "boys". It's funny that now I'm just realizing that, my only friends were guys. I had no girlfriends. Is it because I probably won't get along with the girls? I don't know, I've never tried getting a girl friend. I mean, Jungkook's girlfriend has been pretty nice to me. She's waved at me in school and flashed me a smile, but I don't say that we're friends. Just acquaintances.

When art was over, I as usual always head straight out for the gates, to leave. I always bump into them when I leave. When I say them I mean, Jungkook, TaeHyung, Jimin, YeJun, and Jungkook's girlfriend. Just people I don't want to deal with.

"JiYoon!" Someone shouts in a singing way. I groan and turn around, seeing Jimin come up to me with TaeHyung and Jungkook. I freeze, confused. Usually it's just Jimin, but why are all three of them coming?

"I know you said you don't want to know, but we want to know why you did it." he says. I raise an eyebrow at him, confused at what he's trying to imply.

"Why'd you do it?" TaeHyung says sternly. I look at him. My face is so puzzled, I have no idea what's going on.

"Do what?" I say.

"Don't act stupid." TaeHyung says, walking closer to me. I take small steps back.

"Why'd you and YeJun do that?" he says. I'm totally lost now.

"Me and YeJun do what?!" I shout.

"You and him spread those rumors that have been spreading around for a while now. The one about how I supposably tried to a girl one time. You even said that Jungkook was in on it." he says.

"What? That's a rumor going around?" I say. I've never heard of it. Then, it clicks. I stopped being afraid of TaeHyung at that moment, and my focus went straight towards Jungkook. I stood up straight and walked straight towards him. I'm angry, I'm sad, I feel distrusted, and I'm heartbroken.

"Is this why you stopped talking to me?" I shout at him. I see him gulp. I scoff and shake my head.

"You Jungkook. You! Out of all people. I thought you knew who I was. You knew what YeJun did to me and yet you still believed that him and I spread those things about you guys? Didn't you even take into consideration that it was just him? I don't even speak to YeJun anymore. And if you ever saw us 'speak', it was probably him trying to talk to me but trust me, I hate him! You knew what I was going through. You knew every single little thing about me that nobody else in this school knows. You were the only person I trusted and this was the only reason why you stopped speaking to me?!" I shout. My voice cracked at the last sentence and a tear falls. I shake my head before I started sniffing.

"I hope Mr. Song makes it for sure that we can switch art partners because I don't want to deal with you anymore." I say, my voice cracking. I'm breathing heavily.

"I-" he starts off, but I push him and start walking away. Now I kind of see why Jimin didn't really hate me. He wasn't part of that "rumor" that I supposably spread.

How stupid can they be? YeJun tried to me, why would I all of a sudden spread a rumor with him saying that they tried to others? I can't believe this.

***

I shouldn't be doing this but it's too late. I'm already doing this. On the way home I went into a convenient store and I bought a lighter. Gosh, I was better off not knowing the reason. I was totally fine without knowing. And now that I know, I'm so heartbroken.

I'm very heartbroken and hurt that I don't just burn my left arm, I even tried burning my right. It hurt way more since I wasn't used to it but yelling in pain is okay. It helped release the tight feeling inside of me.

I even wanted to burn at least one part of my face. I held it up to my face, but then I stopped. My dad can see it. Someone in the school can notice and I would have no good excuse why my face was burnt.

I switched off the lighter and threw it across the room. I brought my knees to my chest and hugged it tightly. I started crying softly into them. I shouldn't be crying. I shouldn't even care. I've survived a few weeks without him in my life. But it just hurts now that I know. I thought he'd know better and know that I wouldn't have done something like that. I survived. Without him.

I finally calm down, but the hiccups start coming. I slowly get up and go onto my bed, wrapping myself up in my blanket. I close my eyes and try to fall asleep. It'll get better, tomorrow will come.

***

"I've set my mind. I will let you guys switch partners for next year."  Mr. Song says. 4 more days until we finish this year and have a short break. Finally.

"I thought that it was a good idea, having you experience other ideas from different people." Mr. Song continues. "But if you want to keep your partner, that's okay with me."

I sigh in relief. Good. Goodbye Jungkook. I could do this without you.

I lay my head on the desk and close my eyes. I'm so tired and it's probably from all that crying last night. My arms, both of them, feel a bit tight but that's probably the pain from the burns. I lift my head up and turn my body, so Jungkook doesn't see. I slowly lift up my sleeve and see the burnt spots. Some have turned into scabs already. Some have already opened. Some have already scarred. I sigh, slightly regretting going back for a reason like this, but at the time I needed it. The pain was too much.

***

Finally, class was over. I get up and walk out that room as fast as I could. I feel someone grab my wrist and start dragging me somewhere. I turn to see who it was and all I saw was the back of someone's head. The back of Jungkook's head.

"Jungkook. Let go!" I say, trying to remove my wrist from his grip. He takes us to an isolated area and he finally lets go of me. I scoff at him.

"JiYoon. Just listen to me." he says. I roll my eyes.

"No. I don't need to hear anything from you." I say, starting to walk away. He grabs me and pushes me against the wall. I look away from him. He grabs my chin and makes me face him. I roll my eyes.

"Just listen to me one last time then." he says. My eyes look away from him, zoning off at the tree in front of me. Then at the ground, and then at a bench. I'm just not going to look at him.

"JiYoon." he says.

"Just because I'm not looking at you doesn't mean my ears doesn't work." I say. He sighs and shakes his head.

"I just wanted to say-"

"That you're sorry?" I cut him off. "This isn't the first time that you've done this to me. Start being rude to me out of nowhere. And I'm making sure that this will be your last time Jungkook. I'm not going to risk forgiving you, and becoming a friend just so you can ignore me for the stupidest reasons all over again. How are you going to apologize this time, huh?"

"What?" he goes.

"Remember the first time? We were alone and you tried wooing me over." I say. I look at him finally and I see him starting to smirk. His face leaned over, closer to mine. He lips near my ears, and my heart started beating fast. I was frightened.

"Oh, don't tell me that I didn't woo you over." he whispers. I can see him smirking again from the corner of my eyes. I'm frozen.

He leans back and looks at me, smirking with an eyebrow raised. Then he chuckles.

"You're going to try and get my forgiveness by doing it again aren't you?" I say. "Do you do this to every girl you try to apologize to?"

"Only the ones I like." he says. I look at him and his smirk is a slight actual smile now.

"Are you telling me that you actually have liked some of the girls you dated?" I ask. He rolls his eyes.

"I may act like a jerk but I did have feelings for some. It's just-"

"TaeHyung and Jimin?" I finish it for him. He slightly nods and I roll my eyes.

"Well, you're not getting my forgiveness with that." I say. He smirks and leans his face closer again.

"Oh come on Jungko-" he puts his finger on my lips and goes "shh".

"JiYoon. I know you." he says. I look at him, raising an eyebrow and he removes his finger.

"This happened once, it can happen again." he says.

"What happened onc-" and he cuts me off with a kiss. My eyes widen up and I try to push him away, but he had his hands cupping my cheeks and his kisses weren't slow and passionate. They were aggressive. I couldn't even turn my face or pull away. He leans a little closer, making sure my head was against the wall so I probably couldn't escape.

I lifted up my hands and grabbed his wrists, to try and pull them away from me. But he turned it over and grabbed my arms tightly. I squeal and right there, I knew he found out that I burnt myself again.

He pulls away and looks straight at me. I was breathing heavily from not just his kiss, but the pain he caused for my arms. He let go of my right arm and pulled the sleeve up on my left. He groaned and I slowly put my right arm behind my back. But, he notices. He grabs that one too and pulls up my sleeve. His eyes widened, seeing that I burnt both arms now.

He lets my arm go and he cups my cheeks again, but gently. He looks straight into my eyes.

"Was that because of me?" he asks. I slowly nod.

He shakes his head and closes his eyes. He then hugs me, really tight. He kept saying over and over again "I'm sorry". I didn't know what to do. I didn't hug him back. I didn't say anything. He pulls away.

"Look. I do a lot of things TaeHyung and Jimin hyung tell me to do. They're really like my older brothers and I trust them a lot. I trust them so much that I even believe mostly everything they say. JiYoon, I knew them way before I knew you. So it was just a thing for me to believe hyung when he told me that. I couldn't really believe it myself, but that rumor was really spreading around and I didn't know what to do. My current girlfriend believes it's not true but, everyone else does." he says. I look at him, and he's looking down at the ground. His hands are still cupping my cheeks.

"You have a girlfriend and you still kissed me?" I asked him. He looks at me and chuckles slightly.

"I don't even like her that much. She's just a girl TaeHyung tried to hook up with me. And she's even a girl he made me use to get over you." he says. I tense up and my eyes widen. His eyes widen as well and he uncups my cheeks. I can feel myself starting to blush slightly.

"Jungkook?" I say. "Is that why you kissed me at NamSan?"

He looks at me and smiles a little. It was like an embarrassed smile, but I found it really cute. I chuckle.

"You know, I don't know if I can trust you again to not ignore me out of nowhere." I say. He stands up straight.

"I promise you I will never do that again." he says. "Never. I'll talk to you about it first."

I smile and he smiles.

"I'm still getting a new partner." I said. His smile dropped and I couldn't help but laugh. He threw both his arms around my back and leaned down to kiss me again. This time, I let him. This time, I kissed back.

I threw my arms around his neck and we kissed. He pulls away and looks down at me.

"You know, I'm a jerk with girls but I never really cheated on a girlfriend before. I'm not that jerk." he tells me. I chuckle and shake my head. He smiles and leans back down to kiss me, but I put my fingers on his lips.

"You're not going to be that jerk." I said, he rolls his eyes and lets go of me. I smiled and he moved extra hair out of my face. I chuckled, shaking my head not believing that this is happening.

He looks down at my arms.

"Come over. I have a cream that you should put over the scabs." he says.

"Right now?" I ask. He smiles and nods.

"What about your girlfriend?" I asked.

"She's at home. She didn't go to school today." he says. I raise an eyebrow and then nod. Wow, maybe I really can't survive without him.