Chapter 10

Without You

Jungkook's been ditching class a lot and has been hanging out with TaeHyung and Jimin more during that period. It was the day before the the project was suppose to be due and YeJun is sitting next to me. Whenever Jungkook had ditched Art for the past week and a half, YeJun just took his place. And when Jungkook was here, he wouldn't speak to me at all.

YeJun's partner was kind of getting angry at how he'd be with me more than with her. They were almost finished with their clay sculpture but he keeps ditching her to keep me company. I told him today to finish the sculpture and he agreed since today is the last day to work on it in class. I sat alone in art but it's okay. Life kind of seemed better when he left my life and YeJun stepped in.

"JiYoon!" Mr. Song says, coming up to my desk. I look up at him.

"Do you know what's been happening with your partner, Mr. Jeon?" he asks. I shook my head. All I know is that he's ditching. Why? Who cares.

"Hm, you two have been very good with your project. It was amazing and really showed some story and feeling. Your teamwork is amazing. I hope you two stay partners for both terms." he continues. "Because it seems like Mr. Bae wants to partner up with you."

I give a small smile and just nod. He smiles at me and then goes back over to chat up some other partners.

Class finally ends and I leave as quick as I can. My parents told me to give them my choice as soon as school ends. I was suppose to make a choice half a week ago, but I still couldn't decide. Mom already has a small apt. for herself, but she's still taking some stuff out the house. She sleeps at her apt. but she's not completely moved out yet so they gave me until today to decide.

"JiYoon!" YeJun shouts. I turn around and see him running towards me. I stop and smile at him.

"Hey, are you busy right now?" he asks. I sigh and nod my head.

"Yeah, I have to get home to my parents. They need my answer to something right now and I can't delay any longer than I already have." I answer back as vague but honest as possible. He grabs my arm as I started to turn around. I look at his hand holding my arm, and then at him. He's smiling.

"Let me tell you something real quick." he says. I nod and turn and face him completely.

"You know, you're actually really cool to hang out with." he starts off. I chuckle and roll my eyes.

"You tell me that a lot." I tell him. He glares at me and then continues.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to go and grab a bite. It's all on me. Like an actual restaurant, not ice cream shops and stuff." he finished. I raise and eyebrow at him and couldn't help but to slightly laugh. He was asking me out, and all my life nobody has ever done that.

"But not now of course! But when you're free!" he adds. I chuckle and then nod.

"I'd love to. Tomorrow then. Bye!" I say, waving at him and walking home.

***

I hug my mom really tight before she leaves the house with her moving truck that she rented. I chose to stay with my dad. I watch her as she goes into the driver seat and turns her head towards me. She forces out a smile and waves, then takes off. I felt so sad. It's like if I had a sibling and they had to pick a favorite, and I wasn't the chosen one.

I feel like breaking down and crying because I won't see my mom a lot. She's living about 45 minutes away from us and I have no way of going to visit her if I wanted to. My dad hugs me and I break down into his chest. He caresses my hair and tells me that everything will be okay. He said that if I wanted to go visit her, he'll take me when he has time. That made me feel a little better.

I release from my dad and leave him to go up into my room. I haven't burned myself in a few days. I have an urge to do so but I resist. What if YeJun finds out tomorrow? I doubt he'll understand me the way Jungkook understands. He'll probably see me as some crazy depressed person.

I just run straight to my bed and jump on it. Then I spot something on my drawers near my bed. It was the sketchbook Jungkook gave me. I sat up and grabbed it, going through the pages to remember what I drew in here. Ever since I turned in the project, I stopped using this.

I see the rough draft of the project in there. I see some sketches I randomly drew and Jungkook colored in for practice. Then I came across a page that made me freeze. It wasn't even a drawing. It was just a page full of random words written on it, and some doodles. Jungkook probably did this when I went out on his couch or he was practicing his detailed coloring.

Bored. Hello. Hi. Ugh. Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook. TaeHyung Hyung. :) . Jimin Hyung. :P . JiYoon.

I froze when I saw my name. I got caught off guard by it. His handwriting is pretty nice though. I barely noticed. I have no idea if he finished this page in one day, or if this was a thing he did like add words everyday he had the sketchbook in his hands.

***

Again, Jungkook ignores me in Art. But it's okay, class finally ended.

"JiYoon! You didn't change your mind right?" YeJun says, coming up to me and leaning against the desk. I chuckle and get up from my seat, shaking my head.

"Nope. I'm still on for right now." I tell him. He smiles. "Even if I wanted to change my mind I wouldn't have. I was too busy with my parents yesterday."

"Well, is everything okay?" he asks me. I nod my head and breathe out.

"Yeah. Let's just say my parents is now just my father." I tell him. I didn't want to tell him, but I purposely said it because Jungkook was there, listening to our conversation. I'm not dumb. He would've left the class already, but he's still sitting in his seat putting things away in his bag.

"Oh. I'm sorry." YeJun says, and Jungkook's head turned my way slightly. I shake my head and say it's okay. We both walk out the class.

***

We're at a small tiny restaurant. It's not an actual restaurant but hey, I don't mind eating noodles with a full plate of tteokbokki, which is exactly what we ordered.

We sat in front of each other and just ate in silence. We had a few conversations but they ended quickly. When it'd get really awkward, he'd say something dumb to make me laugh. It worked every time.

"You're graduating next school year, right?" YeJun asks me after swallowing a chunk of tteokbokki. I nod.

"I don't think you know that I'm graduating this school year." he tells me. My eyes widen. I didn't think he was a year older than me. I got surprised. An upperclassman asked me out. That changes everything. It kind of makes me nervous.

"Seriously?" I say. He chuckles and nods. It became silent again.

When we finished eating, he paid and we walked around the neighborhood until we reached Insadong. I wanted to get these little snacks that they made there. It was stringed honey that gets stretched and powdered with chocolate or what-not, and there's nuts inside. It's pretty delicious.

The people who were making the stringed honey kept making us laugh the whole time. That was what they do. They make you laugh as they make what you want to order so you'll feel bad for not ordering when they finish. It works. This isn't the first time I've been to stands like these.

"Oh hey, it's the cute girl." I hear someone say. I turned around and to my surprise, it's Jimin. Ugh. That means TaeHyung and possibly Jungkook is around. Jimin throws his arms around me and looks at YeJun.

"Is this your date?" Jimin asks me. I push his arm off my shoulders.

"Leave me alone Jimin." I say, slightly annoyed by just his presence.

"Yeah. I'm her date." YeJun tells him. I see the workers behind the stand watching us as they make my order.

"Alright, I'll leave you alone. But you have to tell TaeHyung to leave you alone." Jimin says. I raise an eyebrow and I see TaeHyung and Jungkook run up to Jimin. When they catch up to him, both of them are panting.

"Hyung! Don't just run like that you know TaeHyung hyung is out of shape." Jungkook shouts at Jimin.

"Excuse me Jungkook! You're panting too!" TaeHyung argues. They both try to catch their breaths, but ends up having their eyes catch the sight of me standing right in front of them.

"Hey, it's you." TaeHyung says, holding himself up by putting his hand on his waist.

"I have a name." I say.

"Yeah. JiYoon. I know." he replies back. I look at Jungkook and he's standing up straight, but panting quite hard.

"Here you guys go. It's 7,000 won for the chocolate box." The workers behind the stand says. YeJun takes out his wallet and pays for it. He hands it over to me and I slightly smile and nod a thank you to him.

"You're dating this kid." TaeHyung says, pointing at YeJun. I just stand there because I'm not exactly dating him. We are on a date but not officially a thing.

"Hi TaeHyung." YeJun says, stepping closer to me. I look at them both.

"You two know each other? Well, everyone knows the TaeHyung but I mean, like know know each other?" I ask them.

"Yeah. Hello YeJun." TaeHyung says, looking at him. "I thought you moved?"

"No. I'm still here. It's my last year here, so might as well stay." YeJun tells TaeHyung.

"How'd you meet him?" TaeHyung asks me.

"Art class. He sits like at the other side of the room from me." I answer.

"Wait, he's in our art class?" Jungkook comes in. Oh, now he wants to talk. I don't answer him.

"Come on YeJun. Let's go." I say, starting to walk away. But, Jimin steps in front of me. I glare at him and he's smiling at me innocently.

"Move." I tell him. He doesn't listen. I roll my eyes and try to go around him, but he keeps stepping in front of me.

"Hey hey hey. I just want to apologize for the time Jungkook knocked you out cold." Jimin tells me, chuckling. I scoff.

"I fainted. There's a difference. He didn't injure me." I say. Jimin stays smiling innocently.

YeJun then grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers together. He looks at me and then at Jimin. Then, he walks off pulling me along with him.

"Thanks." I quietly say. He chuckles.

"They annoy me as much as they annoy you." he says to me. "Want me to walk you home now?"

"Uhm, that's fine. I can walk home myself." I answer. I don't really want anyone to know where I live. He stops walking and looks at me. He leans down and places a soft kiss on my cheek. I didn't know what to do. He leans back and smiles.

"Be safe, yeah?" he tells me. I just nod and he starts walking away.

I think I like Jungkook. Or, miss him. Yeah, I think I miss Jungkook and being his friend. I didn't feel anything with the kiss YeJun gave me. I mean, it caught me off guard but that's it. When Jungkook kissed my cheek, I wasn't just caught off guard, I caught butterflies in my stomach. No, I don't like him. I just miss him. That's it, I miss him.