Chapter 27

Without You

Jungkook and I stayed quiet with each other during class time. He'd work on the flower himself and I'd work on mine. Sometimes I'd get stuck and he'd ask if I needed help. I'd say no. Almost everything I said to him ever since was no.

Class feels longer ever since as well. Maybe because I keep looking at the clock, wishing for it to end so I can go home. My dad seems perfectly fine about Mom. He acts normal about it and sometimes I wonder if I can ever just act normal about it. But then again, they are divorced so maybe it doesn't matter anymore.

Class ends and I walk out quickly. I just want to go home and eat and probably take a nap, skip homework today.

"JiYoon?" I hear someone say. I turn my head around, seeing TaeHyung walking up to me. I groan and stop for him.

"What?" I say. He rolls his eyes and grabs my wrist, gripping it tightly. He drags me somewhere.

"Okay just listen." he says. Stopping in a hallway.

"Okay, sure." I say, just not wanting a fight for me to leave right now.

"Not to me. To Jungkook." he says. I raise an eyebrow and roll my eyes. I was about to walk away, but he continued talking. No, not talking. Yelling.

"JiYoon! You don't even know how he is right now!" he shouts. "Gosh, Jimin and I haven't even seen him like this. I mean, yay, hooray! He's not beating anyone up anymore or hitting on girls. But that's because he's not even talking to us. Well, not as much as he used to."

I look at him.

"Do you even know who that girl was? The girl who kissed him?" he asks. I shook my head slowly and he nods. Nods like if he figured.

"That was his ex. The one he broke up for you. Do you really think he'd go back to her?" he says. I bit the inside of my lip, and he walks closer to me. I resist eye contact with him.

"I'm not going to tell you everything that's going on. You should rather hear it from him." he says.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask him. He chuckles.

"Because I actually like you." he says. I make eye contact. "Not the way Jungkook does but, it was fun messing with you. You two as well. It's amusing. And you did make Kookie happy so, yeah."

He puts his hand on my shoulder and then flicks my forehead. I groan and he walks away. I watch him walk away and sigh, thinking about what he said. I walk heavy footed out the school.

I walk, but not towards my home. I walk towards Jungkook's house, hoping he's on the way home and he'll be there when I arrive.

After 10 minutes of walking, I finally arrive. I don't know if he's home but, I walk up to the door and knock. I wait for about a minute before it opens. I look and see that it's Jungkook. His eyes widened as he looked at me.

"JiYoon?" he goes. I stay standing out there. He invites me inside but I rejected.

"I'm...I'm here to ask about what happened, New Years Eve." I tell him. He looks at me, a bit confused at what's going on. "TaeHyung told me the girl was your ex."

He sighs and nods. He steps outside and closes the door. He looks at me as he puts his hands in his front pockets.

"She came to make things right with me. It's funny because she even knew about me and the whole jerk to girls thing. She told me she thought I was different with her. She even said that she loved me." he laughs a little. "Love. It hasn't even been a full month with her. I mean I didn't tell any of my ex's I loved them, and I dated them longer than her."

I continue listening and he steps closer.

"But I heard what you said." I say. He stops walking. "I heard you say your parents weren't home, your sister wasn't there. And then you two kissed."

He sighs and rubs his forehead.

"Well, when you say it like that, that sounds terrible." he says. He looks at me and holds both my shoulders. I look at them, and then back at him.

"I tried to tell you that she wanted to 'woo' me over. She kissed me."

"And you didn't kiss back?" I said. I know he was going to say something like that. He nods.

"I know. That's what every guys says." he tells me. "But believe me, I didn't. After she did that, I told her to go away. JiYoon, I would never do that to you."

I chuckle a little, accidentally. He raises an eyebrow.

"What?" he asks.

"I'm still not used to this. No matter how much I hate you right now." I said. He sighs and lets go of my shoulders.

"You don't believe me?" he asks. I shrug.

"I don't know. I don't know what I believe right now. I mean my mom cheated on my dad for over a year, and none of us knew about it." I say. "I mean my mom, someone I look up to. I mean yeah, my parents fought everyday and I thought it was my dad who was bad a bit the whole time but-"

And he gives me a kiss. When he pulls away, he moves hair out of my face. I choke on words that I can't say, and then shake my head.

"I can't right now." I tell him. He nods his head and steps a small distance away from me. "I'm sorry."

He shakes his head and says that he understands. I look at him and then walk away. I walk home.

***

When I arrive home, I see my dad cooking dinner. He hears the door close, and immediately comes to me.

"Where were you?" he asks. "Home late."

"I was just talking to someone." I tell him. He nods and goes back into the kitchen to cook.

I quickly run up to my room and go through my backpack. I find my lighter and grab it. I grip it in my hands and sigh heavily. I walk back downstairs and go to the trash bin that's outside my house. I threw the lighter in there, and kind of felt relieved.

I've been burning myself for things that aren't even important. My parents fought all the time and this was my way to cope. I used it to cope for everything and, I remember what Jungkook said in the beginning.

Burning yourself is as bad as cutting yourself. This is why I don't smoke. I may not be bleeding but I know if I smoke my insides will collapse later on.

If I continue, my skin will turn out horrible. It can become the worst skin damage ever. It's funny how one guy that you thought was so annoying and such a jerk, can change your life in just a few months. It's kind of funny how I apparently changed his.