Chapter 30

Without You

The next day after school, Jungkook came to my house to hang out with me as a late b-day thing, since yesterday he didn't know it was my birthday. My dad left for work already and it was just us two in the living room.

"Hold up!" I said, running upstairs to my room. I grabbed my mom's present and JungSoon's Christmas present, and ran back downstairs.

I sit on the couch next to Jungkook and raises an eyebrow when he sees the presents I'm holding. He shakes his head and then reaches into his bag. He takes out a gift from him to me. I smile and he sets it down next to me.

I grab JungSoon's present and rip the wrapping gently. As soon as it's ripped, I see a small box. I open it, finding a nice black and white dress. I held it out and it was long, all the way down to my ankles probably. It was really pretty, but I don't know how it reminded her of me. But I'm not complaining, it was really nice.

I folded the dress and placed it besides me. Jungkook put his arm around me as he watched me opening my mother's. I ripped the wrapping and I immediately see a water color sketch book and water color paints. My eyes widened and I just froze right there. I always wanted to be good at water colors, but I just never had the things for it. I smiled a little to myself at it.

Although I am mad at my mom, she's still my mom. At least I know she still cares about me, at least.

I set aside her present and Jungkook grabs his and shoves it to me. I roll my eyes and he chuckles. I open it up really fast and when I see what it is, I smile. There were three things in it. I held up the huge black hair bow.

"My sister told me what she bought you so I thought that would look nice with her gift." he says. "I didn't know you haven't opened it yet."

I chuckle and he grabs the bow. He reaches over to the back of my head and he puts it on.

"Did you put it on right?" I ask. He scoffs.

"I know how to put on a bow okay." he says. I roll my eyes and chuckle. I reach in and grab not one, but two journals. I hold them, looking at him. He smiles.

"I don't want you to be hurting yourself again." he starts. "And, I know I told you that I'll be here if you ever feel down again but just in case for some reason, I can't be there or I became stupid again or whatever, write instead."

I smiled really big and gave him a hug. He hugs me back and I shake my head. I pull away, looking at him still with a smile. He raises an eyebrow.

"I'm getting used to this." I tell him. He smiles and then we both chuckle.

He leans close to me and gives me a kiss. I smile during it and then smack the back of his head with the journals.

"Yah!" he shouts, pulling away. I chuckle and he rolls his eyes, leaning back to kiss me again.

***

"Hey! Look!" Jungkook shouts in Art. I look at him and he got a pretty decent looking clay flower.

"Good job Jeon." I say. He glares at me and then rolls his eyes. I smile.

"Hey. Let's go out today." he says.

"Why? We've been out together for the past two days." I tell him.

"Well, I want you to wear what my sister bought you." he says. I look at him, raising an eyebrow.

"Alright. Fine." I say. He smiles and then continues to work on his flower.

"But it's cold today." I continue. He looks at me and sticks out his tongue. I scoff and shake my head, flicking his cheek.

"So? Put a coat over it!" he says. I sigh and nod my head. I look at him and I can tell that made him happy.

***

When class ends, he quickly grabs my hand and drags me out the school.

"Yah! Kookie!" I hear Jimin shout. We both stop and turn around, seeing him and TaeHyung running towards us.

"You two hanging out?" he asks. Jungkook nods his head.

"Mind us third-wheeling?" TaeHyung asks. Jimin slaps his arm.

"Yah, don't say it like that." Jimin says. He looks back at us. "Mind us third-wheeling?"

"Hey! That's exactly what I just said!" TaeHyung shouts, but Jimin ignores him.

"Uh-"

"Sure!" I shout, interrupting Jungkook. Both Jimi and TaeHyung's face lit up with a smile.

"Really? Wow I was expecting us to fight for you guys to say yes." Jimin says. I laugh and he comes up to me and gives me a hug. I didn't hug back, I'm still not really that comfortable with Jimin.

He pulls away and I rolled my eyes. He looks at Jungkook and puts his arm around him, and starts walking away.

"Come on lovebirds. Let's go hang out!" Jimin shouts. Well, there goes me wearing my dress.

***

We walked around Insadong, mainly because both Jimin and TaeHyung are comfortable around that area. Jimin takes out a cigarette and lights it up. He offers TaeHyung one, but he tells him no. I raise an eyebrow at him.

"No TaeHyung?" I say.

"TaeHyung stopped smoking because he found a girl he really likes. She doesn't deal with smokers." Jimin says. My eyes widened and I look back at TaeHyung. He smiles shyly and turns his face.

"Awwww, TaeHyung!" I shout, getting out of Jungkook's back-hug and squishing TaeHyung's cheeks. TaeHyung didn't even slap my hands away. He just put on an annoyed face as I was squishing his cheeks. I chuckled and then stopped, going back to Jungkook.

"Kookie, I'm jealous." Jimin says. We all turned towards him.

"Why?" Jungkook asks.

"Because your girlfriend is actually pretty cute." he says. I awkwardly smiled and turned my face, wherever really. I didn't know where I was staring. I felt flatter but kind of awkward.

"Hey. Why are you looking away? You should've known. Whenever I see you I always call you cute or hot or whatever." Jimin says. I look back at him.

"I thought that was just what you say to every girl you meet." I tell him. He laughs and puts out his cigarette. I never understand why people smoke for like 3 minutes, and then put it out. Does it finish that fast or what?

"I say that to any girl that I meet if it's true." he says. "I would've probably tried getting at you if you weren't so close to Jungkook or a loner at the time."

"I wouldn't have dated you either way." I say. Jungkook and TaeHyung laughs. Jimin gets red with embarrassment.

"I will never date any of you guys." Jimin imitates me. I roll my eyes and scoff.

"Yah Jimin. She's with Jungkook, chill." TaeHyung says. Jimin rolls his eyes and reaches into his back pocket, I guess for his pack. He groans and stops walking. We all look at him.

"I ran out. TaeHyung, come with me to buy a new one." he says, a bit over exaggerated. TaeHyung whines but Jimin glares him down.

"Fine, fine." TaeHyung says, walking towards Jimin. Jimin looks at both Jungkook and I, smiling. He winks and then walks off.

"He didn't run out, did he?" I ask.

"Nope." Jungkook says. I shake my head and chuckle. Oh Jimin, I know the tactic of wanting to leave him and I alone together.

Jungkook and I continued walking. We bought twisted potatoes from the street markets going around and just had a good time alone.

"Remember Namsan tower?" Jungkook asks. I look at him, taking a bite out of my twisted potato. I nod my head.

"We should go back again one day. You know, lock another lock? A couple lock." he says. I roll my eyes.

"We already have a couple lock. Remember?" I say, glaring at him. He smiles and then laughs.

"A real couple lock." he says, pecking my cheek. I chuckle and then nod my head. We reach a small restaurant, and just sit on the chairs outside it. We continued eating our twisted potatoes. Jungkook chuckles out of nowhere.

"What?" I say, looking at him. He smiles and shakes his head at the floor.

"I have no idea what my life would be like right now, if I never met you. Imagine life without you." he says. "I'd probably end up smoking with hyung. Maybe being more of a jerk to people. I'd probably be failing art class."

I laugh and shake my head. He looks at me and his smile goes down a little.

"What?" I ask.

"I don't want to know what your life would've been like if we never met." he says. I raise an eyebrow and finish eating.

"I'd probably still be burning myself and be super addicted to it. My dad found out I did it, so maybe if he still found out I would've been so broken. But, I would be passing art with an A still." I say. He scoffs and I laugh.

I get up and throw away the stick for my twisted potato. I feel him behind me as he throws his away too. He back-hugs me, pecking my cheek.

"I don't want to imagine not meeting you." he says. I smile and turn to face him. He has his arms around my waist, my hands holding his arms.

"You don't have to." I say. I tip toe up a little, and place a small kiss on his lips. I pull away and stand back flat footed. He smiles at me and moves my hair behind my ears.

"I'm just glad I met you." he says.

He leans down and gives me a kiss. I smile and kiss him back. At that moment, I felt as if everything has been resolved. Although my parents aren't together, I know they still care and I'm closer with my father. I have friends now, even though it's Jimin and TaeHyung. And, I have someone who actually cares about me, and I care about him. And this wouldn't have happened if I never met him.

I don't even feel like burning myself anymore. I know it took me a few stupid things that made me feel like burning to realize that it's a bad addiction. I now realize that everything I burnt myself for was either useless or could be solved in a short period of time. But, I made myself alone, and had no one to make me realize. I wouldn't have realized this without him.