Chapter 20

Without You

Jungkook gently applies the cream to my burns, scars, scabs, and I squint my eyes and bite my bottom lips for the slight pain. He finishes it and hands me the cream.

"Here. Keep it. Put it on again when it dries up." he says. I nod and he gets up from the couch and walks into the kitchen. I scoot more back on the couch and lay my head back. I start smiling to myself, knowing that Jungkook has feelings for me. I even almost laughed at the thought of it, but I held it in.

I look over to the kitchen and see Jungkook walking out with two jello cups and two spoons. I sit up straight as he sits next to me. He hands me the jello and I give him a smile, taking it with the spoon. I start eating it.

Jungkook places his jello cup down onto the table and he gets up. I watch him as we walks over to the other side of the couch. He starts going through my backpack. I swallow and I hold everything inside, so I don't go up to him and push him away. I know he's looking for my lighter. I know I should stop burning myself. I'll let him throw it away.

When he finds it, he stands up straight and walks outside the house. I try to look at what he's doing but he closes the door. A minute later he comes back in and points at me.

"No more." he says. I nod and continue eating my jello. He shakes his head and goes back to sitting next to me. He grabs his jello cup and starts eating it as well. We both eat in silence for a while. I don't know if it's because I'm awkward or he's awkward. But it's definitely awkward right now.

I finish my jello cup and was about to stand up to throw it away, but Jungkook takes it and goes to throw it away himself. I watch him go, and then come back. I raise an eyebrow at him and he just smiles and sits back down next to me. I roll my eyes. He pulls me closer to him and puts his arms around my waist. He then grabs his jello cup and continues eating. I freeze and don't know what to do.

"Jungkook?" I say. He doesn't answer me. I roll my eyes and sit myself up. He pulls me back to him and makes me face him, his arms around my waist again, and his face closer to mine. He has his spoon in his mouth. He removes it and places it in his jello cup, and then places the cup on the table. He focuses his attention back at me.

He leans closer to me and I don't move. He stops and his lips are hovering over mine, I was going to lean up but I instead turn my head away. I chuckle and then look back at him.

"You're not going to be that jerk." I tell him. He groans and I scoot away from him. To , I scoot all the way to the other side of the couch. He glares at me and I just smile innocently.

"You're forever going to be my art partner." he says. "I'm not allowing you to get another one."

I chuckle and roll my eyes.

"Alright, alright. Sure." I say.

***

I bring our art project to school. Although it's not due until tomorrow, we're already done so why not turn it in earlier right? We've been holding the project for a few months after being done. If we turned it in earlier, would Mr. Song have given us extra credit like before? If so, then I'm mad at myself.

"JiYoon!" someone shouts. I was walking on the way to my art class, holding the project. I turn around and I see TaeHyung walking over to me. I roll my eyes and continue walking.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" he shouts, catching up to me. He steps right in front of me and pants a little.

"What?" I say.

"First of all, sorry. Second of all, Jungkook likes you?" he asks me. I raise an eyebrow confused to why he's asking this.

"What?" I say.

"I don't know. Jungkook told me that he's going to break up with ChaeEun, you know, his girlfriend. And I said why and he just said your name." he tells me. I feel myself start to smile a little, but I tried to keep a straight face in front of him.

"So he likes you?" he asks me. I just shrug. He starts laughing and I don't know why.

"Why are you laughing?" I ask him. He shakes his head, and his laugh turns into a small chuckle.

"I mean you know how Jungkook is a jerk to girls right?" he goes. "The fact that he's probably breaking up with ChaeEun to just ask you out, that's wow a whole new low for him."

I chuckle a little myself.

"You know what's a whole new low for him?" I say. He raises an eyebrow at me.

"What?" he asks.

"Jungkook kissed me yesterday." I say, purposely just to see TaeHyung's reaction to it. His eyes widen and I can tell that he wants to laugh, for how unbelievable this sounded, but he's holding it in.

"Wow, ok that's actually low on a whole other level." he says. I roll my eyes and he smirks at me. "I thought you said that you wouldn't date any of us."

He grabs the project from my hands without even giving me a chance to say something back. He looks at it and nods his head.

"You and Jungkook did this together?" he asks. I nod my head and try to take it back, but he walks away holding it.

"TaeHyung, really come on! Class is going to start soon, and I need to turn that in." I shout, going after him. I hear him laugh as he keeps walking. I finally catch up to him and snatch the canvas out of his hands. He looks at me. The bell rings and he smiles innocently, ruffle my hair, and walks away. I can't believe this boy made me late to class.

I slightly run towards art and when I reach the door, I slow down. I open it normally and everyone turns towards me, as if I just murdered someone. Well, I should've murdered TaeHyung.

"Miss Yoo, why so late?" Mr. Song asks. I go and sit down on my seat, leaning the canvas against my desk.

"I had trouble getting here. Sorry." I answer. I could tell that he wanted to ask me more, like what was the trouble, but I guess it didn't really bother him since I come to class on time everyday.

"What happened?" Jungkook asks me.

"TaeHyung happened." I say.

"What did he do?"

"He stole the canvas and just ran off with it, purposely making me late." I answer, looking at him. He nods his head. "I heard you're breaking up with ChaeEun."

His eyes widen and he looks away from me. I raise an eyebrow and lean my head down, to see his face.

"It's true?" I ask.

"Hyung told you huh?" he says. I chuckle and nod my head, sitting back up straight.

"Did he tell you why?" he asks, looking at me.

"One word." I say. "JiYoon."

Jungkook rubs his forehead and I laugh a little.

"What else did he say?" he asks.

"He said that it's a new low for you."

Jungkook sits up straight in his desk on nods his head in agreement. I chuckle, roll my eyes, and punch his shoulder playfully and I see the corner of his lips go up. I've never actually really seen Jungkook this shy and cute before, it kind of made me start to smile a little.

I get up from my desk and grab the canvas. I walk over to Mr. Song and hand it over to him. He looks at me with a puzzled face; I just smiled.

He takes the canvas and looks at it.

"You know, it's not due until tomorrow." he says.

"I know, but Jungkook and I finished this like months ago." I tell him. His eyes widen a little.

"You guys seem to have really good art even when finishing this quickly. I'm impressed with your guys' skill and teamwork. I'll give you two extra credit again. Your partner needs it anyways since he's been ditching class a lot. But I can see you two really did try with this project, with the colors and I'm guessing a bit of symbolism?" he asks. I nod my head and he smiles.

"Good job." he says, getting up to put my canvas away. I smile and walk back over to my desk.

"You're welcome." I tell Jungkook.

"What?" he asks.

"I got you extra credit. Mr. Song said you needed it." I said, smiling at him innocently.

"How?" he asks.

"By turning in the project early again. Well, a day early but he surprisingly believed me when I told him we finished this ages ago." I say. He smiles a little and just nods his head.

"Have you broken up with her yet?" I ask him. He chuckles a little and looks at me.

"Why? You want me to break up with her already?" he says. I roll my eyes.

"No. I'm just wondering because TaeHyung made it seem like you haven't yet."

"Not yet. After school." he says. "Want to watch me do it?"

"You're insane." I tell him, and he starts laughing. "Do you want to go lower than the low TaeHyung and I already established for you? By having me be there, watching and possibly when you're done doing that, you'll go up to me and leave the school with me?"

"You sound so sure that I'll leave with you when I'm finished." he says.

"Oh admit it. If I was watching you break up with her, right when you finish you'll grab me and walk away."

"You make it sound as if I like you." he says, leaning closer to me. I lean away, mostly because we're in class.

"You don't?" I ask him, he smiles and leans back.

"I do." he says. Even though I kind of already knew that, my heart still started beating fast and my stomach started feeling weird just from hearing him saying it himself.

How did we end up like this? The bad guy and the loner girl, or at least that's how it was in the beginning. He was the one that kept annoying me, that I disliked so much just by rumors I heard and the actions he's done, without even really knowing him or why. And then there was just me, the one that has no friends at all. The girl who was alone in school for about 4 years, not hanging out with anybody and being a little bit shy to talk to with people. And just by meeting Jungkook, he broke that awkwardness shyness in me. He got me talking, even though it was just me insulting him. I want to say that I slightly made him change, but I'm not sure if it was me that made him nicer. Maybe his sister did something as well. But the guy in school that most guys hate and some girls like, ends up liking me the girl who had no friends and hardly talks to anyone. How did it really end up like this?

"You know, I didn't take you for a tease." Jungkook says. I look at him confused.

"What?" I ask.

"A tease. I didn't know that you could be a tease."

"How am I a tease?" I say.

"Well, you won't let me kis-" I cover his mouth before he continues speaking. Gosh Jungkook, why must you speak so loud. He starts laughing and I remove my hands.

"Well, that. And you know I want to but you purposely keep a good amount of distance away from me." he finishes. I just shrug and I hear him scoff.

"I didn't think that would be teasing." I tell him.

"Well, it's teasing." he says.

40 minutes later and class finally ended. I follow Jungkook out the class and listen to him call ChaeEun. When she finally came to us, I told Jungkook goodbye and left them two alone.

I walked out the school gates and sat down on the grass. I don't know why really, but I was waiting for him. About 3 minutes later, Jungkook walks out the school gates and I see him looking around. When he sees me, he raises his eyebrow and walks up to me. I stand up.

"You waited for me?" he says, smirking. I roll my eyes.

"You were looking for me?" I say back, he keeps smirking.

"Yeah. I was." he answers. He throws his arms around my waist and I look down at it.

"So, I'm guessing you broke up with her?" I ask, looking up at him. He just nods. I remove his hands from my waist and place them by his side.

"It's too soon after a breakup for you to be doing this." I tell him, and walk away.

"See! A tease!" he shouts at me. I smiled a little and start to laugh to myself. This is going to be fun.