Chapter 31

"Friends"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 DAY BEFORE NATIONALS

Yoona's POV

 

I've been getting calls from Mark non-stop.

"Are you seriously not going to pick up? He's been worried sick about you." Seohyun said as she looked at my phone screen with 30 missed calls from Mark.

I placed my phone in my locker and replied, "He's the least of my problem right now."

Seohyun looked at me while I closed my locker and said with a disappointed face, "Yoona."

I shook my head and replied, "Don't give me that Seohyun please not you too. JB has bothered me every single day with his puppy dog face."

Seohyun sighed and asked, "Are you really not going to talk to him?"

I sighed and replied, "No of course I am. Just not now."

Seohyun tilted her head and said, "Well he's coming tomorrow to the competition so be nice."

I nodded my head and watched Seohyun go to the ice.

Bomi cleared and asked, "You ready for tomorrow? I heard you got a solo performance. Congrats."

I nodded my head, not giving her my undivided attention, and walked towards the door but she quickly said, "I have to show you something tomorrow! Meet me at the parking lot tomorrow!"

I replied, "Whatever." 

And left the locker room.

 

I practiced till everything was perfect.

Seohyun skated infront of me and asked, "Why aren't you changing?"

I looked at her and replied, "I have to practice a bit more on my solo performance."

Seohyun knitted her eyebrows together and said, "But practice is over?"

I smiled and replied, "Practice makes perfect. Go on ahead."

Seohyun smiled back and waved bye to me as she left the ice rank.

 

Yes I got a solo performance. It was actually out of nowhere. A few weeks before nationals, my coach came up to me and asked me if I wanted to do it. Why you ask? Well! In every nationals there are always scouters! Scouters who can change my ice skating career. And it's a perfect opportunity for my dad to see me perform after we made up and such. He should see the passion me and my mom shared. In my life, I just always wanted him to be proud of me for something, and now I think he will be. But this is so much more pressure!

I tripped on my shoes because I wasn't focused.

I scrunched my face as I landed on the floor on my . 

I got up and skated out towards the benches.

I took off my skates and saw the bruises, scars, and cuts on my feet.

Tears started coming down my eyes.

No not because of the scars on my feet. No. It was because I missed Mark.

I smiled slowly as I remembered him helping me last time with my cuts.

As I examined my scars, there was a jar of medicine infront of my eyes.

I looked to who was holding it and it was Mark.

I wacked the jar away from my face and said, "Leave. You're not allowed in here."

I got up from the bench but felt Mark's hands on my wrist.

I turned around glaring at him.

Mark looked at me and asked, "What did I do for you to hate me this much? I thought we were good?"

I forcefully let his hands go and replied, "You're just a distraction right now for me. So leave."

I walked with tears falling down my face.

 

Why am I mad at Mark? I'm not. I'm just mad at myself. Mad at myself for getting myself into this solo perfomance. It's so much pressure that I'm getting mad at my boyfriend. Mark has done nothing but care and help me. Why am I so selfish?

 

I turned around to say sorry to Mark but it was too late. He was already gone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter