Brave Heart (Min Young)

Different/You Don't Know

Min Young Pov

After I settled Jinhwan oppa into the apartment, I was still left in shock by his confession but we just kind of not addressed the giant elephant in the room. I got to asking him about how the rest was but what I really wanted to know was how was Minho oppa and Hanbin oppa doing. "Mino hyung just kind of threw himself into work after you left, stopped going to clubs and pretty much just secluded himself from everyone else. As for Hanbin, well, he was moping around a lot after you left but one day, he just totally changed and threw himself into work. He even wrote a song for an international artist but he wanted to be credited with his pen name apparently. I did ask him what changed, all he said was that Seunghoon hyung had a talk with him that made him change his perspective", he said to me.

"What about you? How have you been? What happened since you left?", he in turn asked me. "Well, I should start from the beginning,I guess. I left Seoul and came to New York with Lydia unnie. I know it seemed like I was running away but yet I felt liberated in a way. If I hadn't left, me and Minho oppa's relationship would have probably ended more disasterously. After all, his paparazzi friend already knew about us so a scandal was just going to come our way if anything worse had happened. I knew it was cruel to leave without a proper goodbye but I had feared that if I saw him, I won't have the strength to leave him.

I also know it was cruel and mean of me to pack up every trace of us and left him with nothing. I even told sajangnim to make sure any photos that was ever taken of us with skinship to be destroyed and that he would make sure that Minho oppa's paparazzi friend is taken care of. I just wanted to leave Seoul like the relationship never happened because I knew if I became soft hearted, I would never leave. The only people who came to see me and Lydia unnie off were the Big Bang oppas and 2NE1 unnies along with sajangnim because we wanted to keep it quiet.

I got to New York and started staying with my oppa, Min Cheong. He wasn't too happy to learn of what Minho oppa did to me but then again, he has always believed that I was an adult who knew what I should do and shouldn't do. After all, he is ten years older than me and we had to grow up really fast when my parents passed away when I was just 14 and he was just 24. No one knew this but I audtioned to get into YGE so that I would become less of a burden for my brother. His dream was to be a fashion writer and at just 24, he was having to take any job he could get so that he could take care of me. I practiced so hard and posted so many YouTube dance and song covers of YGE artists so that I would be noticed and it paid off when an audition came about in New York. Me and Bobby oppa were in the same audition batch and it paid off when YGE said that I had passed because this meant that Min Cheong oppa can start persuing his dream which is him becoming a fashion writer for Harpers Bazaar US magazine now. 

I guess I was slightly happier when sajangnim wanted me to work behind the scenes because that meant me earning money and honestly, no one knew but this is my second time returning to New York since I went into YGE. The first time was when I told sajangnim that I was going on a break but really, I came to New York in secret and spent time secretly with Minho oppa. I just feel like did I waste my time with him somehow. Two years and this is what happened. I have been doing well since I came back, Lydia unnie made me to be in charge of her New York studio when she is in LA, I've been doing some songwriting here and there but using my pen name and I guess things are a little bit more calm here but still my heart hurts some day, I guess? But oh well, I don't want to dwell on the past too much. Do you want anything to drink, seriously where are my manners?", I spilled everything out to Jinhwan oppa and as I got up, he pulled me back and hugged me from behind and kissed the top of my head. He may be tiny but still he is taller than my 150cm and he just said "I know the past hurts but please let me take care of you now. I will never do to you what Mino hyung did. I know it hurts but maybe we can take things slowly?". I just nodded at him and felt him hugging me tighter.

Well, Jinhwan is not getting much love yet :( 

Comments for the last chapter was less than usual...do let me know how I can improve!

Do listen to Hilary Duff's Brave Heart, this chapter was slightly inspired from it.