Break Up Dinner

Different/You Don't Know

Mino Pov

Min Young looked stunning as she walked into the restaurant. The last time we were here, we celebrated our first anniversary in secret cause I took the time to sneak away from my members on the pretense that I wanted to explore the city and she told sajangnim that she was going to LA for a quick summer break but we were both sneaking  away having dinner and sharing laughter plus kisses in this quiet little Italian restaurant. I noticed that she wore the same dress she wore back then though I wonder if she remembered.

I smiled at her as she approached the table and the waiter pulled the chair for her to sit down. "Hi Minho oppa, sorry I was late. I had a class to finish up first before I could get ready to come here", she said to me. "It's ok, it wasn't very long anyway. I ordered your favorite salmon pasta for you. You still like it, I assume?", I said to her. She just smiled a little and nodded her head. It was an awkward yet comfortable silence between us. She broke the silence by asking me about Hanbin as she had not spoke to him since she left.

"Well, Hanbin is dating Lee Hi or Hayi if that is what you know her by. They have been together for about 3 months now, I think they started not long before you and Jinhwan did.", I told her. She gave me a questioning look and I just went "Well, if you are asking about me, then no, no girls in my life at all. I've just been working a lot since you left but well, there have been some casual dates here and there but nothing serious. Though Jennie does seem kind of interested in more than casual but for now, work comes first." "Oh I see, Minho oppa, I'm sorry if the way I left you left some things to be undone but I needed to do that because I would have stayed on with you despite everything and it would have just been poison for the both of us.", She told me.

"It's ok, I understand why you did what you did and truthfully, I hate the guy I was back then. If it wasn't me, I would have hated the guy who would hit a girl but since it was me, I can't say much. Tell me something, Min, do you really love Jinhwan? You barely speak of him and even when you do, there does not seem to be any spark but on the other hand, when Seunghoon hyung came up in the conversation, you seemed more animated and might I even say, more lively. Min, there's nothing going on between you and Seunghoon hyung right?", I spoke to her out of concern.

Min Young slowly explained to me the whole penpal situation and how Seungri hyung spoke to her about her relationship with Jinhwan and that he casually revealed that Seunghoon hyung was actually her penpal. I took a deep breath after listening to the whole thing and took my time to give her advice. I couldn't advice her much since it was an unorthodox situation but I told Min Young to just follow her heart because that was what she always did best. We took our time to slowly catch up and finish our dinner.

As I walked her home, I told her "Min, I will always love you in my own special little way and as for whether your love is for Jinhwan or Seunghoon oppa or maybe even just for yourself to be alone, I trust you will make the right choice and follow your heart. Thank you for agreeing to dinner and well, even if we can't be lovers, we can be best friends and I'm reserving my spot to be Godpa to your future kids." We both laughed and I kissed her on her forehead while telling her "thank you for everything, I can truly let you go now".

 

Double update!!! Hope you like, comment and upvote!

This song was inspired by San E's Break Up Dinner!

Listen to the song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FowjIBQms4