That XX

Different/You Don't Know

(This chapter is set about a month before chapter 1 and 2 happened)

Hanbin Pov

I asked Min Young to come over to the studio in the evening after we were done with Ikon practice as I wanted her to check my remix version of Jiyong hyung's That XX for any possible future upcoming performances. But what she doesn't know is that I specially prepared this performance for her as the lyrics reflects how I feel about the way Mino hyung is treating her. I was so nervous because I wrote all of my own lyrics for the verse and bridge but kept the chorus. "Hanbin oppa, I'm here!", Min Young said as she opened the door. She looked cheerful as usual but I noticed another long sleeve top although the weather was really warm since summer is nearing. "Wait a minute, I'll prepare the track for you to listen. I hope you like it", I said to her.

Verse 1: 

Just what exactly do you see in "what's his name"?
When all he does is lie and cheat, damn what a shame
Why do you let him treat you cold?
When you're to me worth more than gold
Girl you're a queen I just don't think you know it
Well I refuse to wait in vain for you to see
No he don't love you and I got all you need
But you say you just need some time
I'm tryna give you all of mine
Girl don't you know that you deserve better?

I wrote this cause I knew that although Mino hyung has Min Young who is devoted to him and he has jealousy issues, he still proclaims to the world that he is single. Many a time, I have caught him in the clubs making out with someone else when he is drunk and Winner's manager, Jjangmae hyung will have to make sure he is hidden in a VIP room or drag him away so he doesn't get caught by any reporters or paparazzis to prevent any scandal. Needless to say, no one dares to inform Min Young as she is sajangnim's favorite and he would have killed Mino hyung.

Verse 2:

Now you know I ain't tryna overstep my bounds
But you deserve much more than always feeling down
Give me one reason why you stay
When I could take the pain away
Just let me love you (That's all you gotta know baby)
Girl if he puts his hands on you just one more time
I'll break his neck and I'll make sure to bruise his pride
They say love is blind ooh baby you so blind
Just let me love you better and better

I knew that he was hurting her and putting his hands on her but I didn't want to force her to leave him if she doesn't want to. I do not know why she even chooses to stay with him but I guess like they always say, love is really really blind and I guess I myself am blind too for still being hung up over her even after so many years. We knew each other since I was 16 and joined YGE since she was the same batch. Sajangnim pulled her out from any debut when we were both 18 as he felt her more suitable to remain behind the scenes. Yet even as we are turning 20, I feel like she is the angel that lights up my days when things are really bad just as she did back then throughout the changing and adding of members and the numerous survival shows that I get thrown into or go on.

Rap:

There he go again talking all that nonsense
Telling you that you be trippin, on the defense
He a a always causing you that mad stress
What a baby you a princess
Let me do all the things to you
That your weak ex-boyfriend wouldn't do 
Cuz baby I really adore you

I guess Mino hyung does a lot of sweet talk to her to convince her to keep going back to him despite everything but I want to be more than just talk. I want to put action where the talk is at and really treat Min Young like the princess and angel that she is but I know that unless she wants it herself, it will be hard for me to even convince her to change her mind about Mino hyung. From day one that he came in, she already had a crush on him and when he asked her to be his girlfriend, she was so happy, I was convinced that her jaw muscles are going to hurt from all of the smiling that she was doing.

"Wow, those lyrics are intense but it is nice. Good job on the performance. I'm hungry, do you want to eat?", she said to me. I just shrugged and smiled at her while nodding. My head was screaming these lyrics are about you but I just kept quiet. We enjoyed a quiet dinner at a meat shop nearby and did our usual skinship since she grew up in the US and was comfortable with skinship. The ahjumma knows that we're just friends since we come here often after solo practices when we were younger but still she keeps teasing me about making Min Young mine. In my head, I would always think I would if not because of that bastard Mino hyung.

Double updates this weekend! Hope you all enjoyed it and please do comment! 

The lyrics are actually from this cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgY__Pv6oZk, please do check it out!