Flashbacks of Sweet

Different/You Don't Know

Mino Pov

It's another late night at the practice room and I'm just alone practicing some dance moves. Seunghoon hyung basically glared at me and told me to perfect my moves before I go home. Come to think of it, this was how me and Min Young's relationship started. My dance moves weren't that great which got Seunghoon hyung frustrated so I stayed late to practice but one night, I went for dinner first then I came back to see Min Young dancing the steps that Seunghoon hyung was trying to teach me all day perfectly. 

I stood at the door watching her just dance away, it looked as though she had a spotlight shined onto her with that glow in her eyes. She was slightly embarassed when she looked up to see me watching her. I just asked her if she could teach me the dance since she has perfected it. I had my eye on her the first day I saw her but I saw her feelings for Hanbin so I backed off but as we kept practicing the dances every night, I couldn't help but fell for her more and we spent more time together. One night, I just took the plunge and kissed her softly on her lips as she was drinking water. 

The minute I heard the bottle dropped to the floor, I knew I had her. I just asked her if she would be my girlfriend and she nodded slowly and shyly. At that point, I didn't know whether to scream out of happiness or jump around everywhere out of joy. The first thing I did was brag to the Winner group chat. Jinwoo hyung was like oh my God, congrats, Seungyoon was just like I sure hope you know what you are doing, Taehyun sassed me as usual and was like what does she see in you, man? Seunghoon somehow didn't answer until the next morning and was like oh, that's great, treat her well. I can't believe it has been 3 years since everything happened but well, at least there was a moment of sweetness before everything happened.

Hanbin Pov

Me and Min Young used to text each other on nights like these and contemplate if we should just put on our black hoodie disguises and take a walk around the neighbourhood. Of course, this was before Mino hyung came along, we used to just walk around and talk about our training then wonder if everything was worth it. Even after she got together with Mino, we still kept texting each other or very occasionally call each other. I used to call her my late night counselor and she used to call me her late night patient.

When I was kicked out of Show Me The Money 3, I did not text her as I felt ashamed. I knew how much she was rooting for me even more than she rooted for Bobby hyung so for me to be eliminated felt like I dashed her hopes. Little did I know that she already thought I would be feeling that way and she arranged with the Ikon dongsaengs to pass me a Mickey Mouse that she had gotten for me in case this happens and she made sure Jinhwan hyung cooked my favorite seafood ramen for me.

I remember holding her hand once when she first joined YGE. We had a really long day of training and she just fell asleep on the practice room floor. Everyone else had left the room leaving just me and her. I whispered I love you to her and squeezed her hand but I don't think she ever knew. In the end, I fell asleep next to her too. Seungyoon hyung came in to wake me up and was like you better remove your hand before you have to explain yourself ok? I removed my hand but here I am couple of years later smiling back at the memory while looking through our old text messages.

 

Jinhwan Pov

Min Young has gone to cook dinner for us and her oppa. This reminded me of the first time I met her in Team B's dorm kitchen, I have heard of her but never had the chance to practice with her yet cause she was usually with the girls or sticking to Hanbin. Hanbin being Hanbin kept her to himself but this time, Hanbin fell sick and she came over to see if she can cook any congee or stew for him. Needless to say, she barely found anything in the fridge except for some kimchi and tofu so she made kimchi jiigae. She almost split the soup when she turned around and saw me staring at her.

I was like you're Min Young right? She just nodded and explained she was here to cook cause Hanbin fell ill. I was just like oh ok, are you two dating and she started laughing and said no. She did look a little sad admidst her laughter and explained that Hanbin doesn't even see her that way. I think it was at that moment that I fell for her when I saw that sadness in her eyes that I vowed that I wanted to make her happy but we never had a chance to get closer then one day, she was with Mino. I do wonder if we would make it but for now, I will take what I can get.

Seunghoon Pov

I remember the very first time I saw Min Young in the flesh after I kept watching her YouTube videos over and over again. She was doing a simple routine to Wedding Dress but she twisted the chereography to her own style. I was mesmerized by her until she tripped and fell. She sprained her ankle but she wouldn't let me help her even though I rushed over. She insisted she was ok but I insisted to carry her to the infirmary. Suddenly I heard the door open loudly and I saw Hanbin who was extremely worried for her that I thought they might have been dating. Even though I found out later that they weren't dating, I still kept quiet of my feelings for her cause I saw the way she looked at Hanbin.

We got closer through dancing together and she often looked for me as a dance battle partner but it pained me the most when she kept looking for me to learn the dance to teach Mino through their late night sessions together. Even though I see her almost every day at that point, I still commented on her very occasional YouTube videos. We even kept an email conversation going on, she doesn't know HHBLion92 is me and she is still emailing me even from New York. She told me about what happened with Mino and Hanbin in the sense that she felt comfortable enough to tell a stranger. I kept staring at this email I drafted so long ago wanting to reveal that HHBLion92 is actually me but I just did a slight smile thinking how it is comfortable the way it is right now and deleted that draft then went off to sleep.

 

Hey all, this week hasn't been a good week for me

But I hope to cheer you all up with a fluff chapter

Hope you guys like this :)