The Observer (s)

Different/You Don't Know

Narator Pov

2 months later

Seoul, South Korea

Seung Yoon had enough of seeing the three guys mope around and just go by day by day without resolving their underlying issues. Jinhwan has been going back and forth from Seoul to New York to visit Min Young. Mino threw himself into his work, Hanbin being Hanbin just tried to be the best leader he can be but at the same time, scaring his dongsaengs and even his hyungs due to his topsy turvy emotions but they did notice a slight change in him. He has been smiling more which they have not seen since Min Young left. Seung Hoon is always on his phone or his computer if he was not composing or practicing his dance. The leader Kang decided that it was time to talk to each of them.

"Mino hyung, I need to talk to you", Seung Yoon said as he pulled Mino into an empty practice room. Mino just followed him although he was unsure what exactly his leader wanted. "Do you still love Min Young?", Seung Yoon asked him directly. "In all honesty, I don't, it is more of a feeling of regret. I regret what I did to her and I realize that I can't change the past. There is still love for her but it is a different kind of love now. After all, she is now with Jinhwan and if she is happy then who am I to ruin her happiness. I just hope that eventually we can be friends again. I miss the closeness we used to have.", Mino replied him with a defeated tone in his voice. Seung Yoon just pat his back and said "Well, what you need is closure. Even San E hyung rapped about having a break up dinner before. Maybe you need to have that closure with her so that you can move on and she won't feel awkward around you anymore." Mino just nodded at his suggestion and mouthed thanks to his leader while his leader walks out of the room leaving Mino to his own thoughts.

"Hanbin, can I speak with you?", Seung Yoon said as he found Hanbin alone in the studio. "Sure, hyung, what's up?", Hanbin replied him. "It's about Min Young. What are your feelings towards her now? I know and have noticed that you seem happier now but at the same time, your emotions are all over the place that its scaring your members. I need to know what is going on so we can try to fix things", Seungyoon replied to him. "Hyung, truth be told, I'm over my feelings for Min Young. I'm just hurt that she decided to go with Jinhwan hyung instead of me. If you want the pure reason on why I'm happy now, I've started dating Hayi but it is still quite new so we have been keeping it low key. I know that my emotions seem all over the place and it scares the members without me intending to. I'm still trying to control my feelings over everything. Thank you for having this talk with me, I appreciate it a lot.", Hanbin told him. Seung Yoon just gave a smile at him and told him that it wasn't a problem and wished him well in his relationship with Hayi.

The last person that Seung Yoon needed to tackle was Seung Hoon. Seung Hoon thought that his secret was safe but when leader Kang is around, nothing is ever really safe. He is extremely observant about things around him. He know that Bobby was dating Jinwoo but he just kept quiet and he knows that Taehyun was dating his co-star from Girl of 0am. He knows when the Ikon dongsaeng members go clubbing and drag Chanwoo along although they shouldn't due to his age. He is the quiet observer who don't step in unless he feels it's necessary. He loves Min Young like his own sister and to see his friends be in such state after she left, it pained him. He wanted to help them but in a subtle way by just putting a thought into their mind rather than forcing his own opinions.

"Seung Hoon hyung, can I speak to you? It's about Min Young and what you have been keeping from her", Seung Yoon said as he went into Seung Hoon's room. "What do you mean, Yoon? What do you think I'm hiding from Min?", Seung Hoon replied him. "Hyung, I know that you have been emailing her with a different identity and that you were the one who have been commenting on her YouTube channel", Seung Yoon said. Seung Hoon just looked at him in shock and he couldn't even open his mouth but his face said it all questioning how Seung Yoon knew. "Hyung, everyone else might be blind but I see the way you look at Min Young from the day you came in. You didn't look as though you just knew her, you seem very familiar with her. You even knew her style of chereography. Min told me that she made a penpal through YouTube when I asked her if she wanted to talk to anyone about what has been going on over the past year. One day I came into your room to borrow a cap and I saw your laptop open. I didn't mean to see but I saw Min Young's YouTube channel open on your screen then noticed that you were signed onto a different YouTube account than the one we know about. That was when it clicked to me that you were Min's penpal. Hyung, it is not too late if you do love her. You have been keeping these feelings for many years, haven't you?", Seung Yoon said to him.

"Yoon, what do you know? She already have Jinhwan. I will always be a few steps too late and it might be best to be this way. At least, I still get to talk to her even if she don't know it's me.", Seung Hoon replied him with a sigh. "Hyung, I'm not saying you should go confess but have a thought of it. At least she will know how you feel rather than you keeping it inside you all along. After all, she is just dating Jinhwan, not married to him.", Seung Yoon replied him then left the room leaving Seung Hoon with his own thoughts.

New York City, New York

"Min, is this a bad time?", someone knocked on the studio door and asked as Min Young was just finishing her dance. "Oppa! What are you doing here? It's never a bad time to have you", Min Young replied with a smile on her face. Min Young and him walked towards Central Park while talking as it was a sunny day. "Seungri oppa, what are you doing in New York? I expected Jiyong oppa or even Seunghyun oppa but not you", Min Young said to Seungri. "Well, I'm here because I'm more observant than them", Seungri replied vaguely. "What do you mean, oppa?", Min Young replied with a confused look.

"Have you even kissed Jinhwan yet or better yet, have you gone all the way with him?", Seungri said bluntly. Min Young blushed and shook her head to indicate a no. "Min, do you actually love Jinhwan? If you don't then please don't string him along.", Seungri said to her. "I...I don't exactly know I feel about him, oppa. I like the way he treats me and he is actually really sweet but if you say love then I cannot confidently say that I love him. Truth be told, I'm even closer to this penpal I met through YouTube than I am to Jinhwan oppa. I know that Jinhwan oppa loves me and I don't want to hurt him", Min Young replied with a sad tone. Seungri just hugged her and said "Min, what you feel is just empathy and probably hoping that Jinhwan will cure your loneliness but that is not love. I know the identity of your penpal if you feel like you want to know considering that you confessed that you are even closer to that person." "Who is it oppa?", Min Young looked at Seungri and asked. "It's Lee Seung Hoon, do think of your next steps on your own", Seungri kissed her on her forehead and walked away from her as the sun set on Central Park.

Hi everyone, I'm not entirely back from my hiatus yet but I'm on a break from work over the weekend.

Hope you liked this chapter and thank you to the subcribers who subscribe despite my hiatus.

Do please leave comments, it encourages me to continue on. Thank you!