As Time Goes By

Different/You Don't Know

Min Young Pov

I never did answer Jay oppa until he came by to see me. We hung out and talk but the question remained in the air, what did I feel about his confession. It started out quite casually but eventually the talk got more intimate and intense. We were very comfortable with skinship and as my head laid on his lap, he suddenly looked at me and said "you love him, don't you?", I got puzzled and asked who he meant. He said "Seunghoon, of course. Do you remember how we met?". Of course, I did. I had just turned 16 and it was my first time in Seoul despite the fact that my late grandparents immigrated to America from South Korea, I had never visited the country.

I was looking for the way to the YGE building but I got a little lost and decided to stop at a convinience store and on my way, I bumped into someone and my drink spilled all over me. I looked up and was about to shout at the person only to see it was Jay oppa. He had just returned to South Korea not long after his scandal. I was too in shock to say anything after I recognized him but he was nice enough to actually buy me a new drink and we had a chat after which he took me to the YGE building. We had gotten pretty close due to the fact that he is also American born Korean so he can understand how I feel about being in a new country and going through the hard training.

I already had a crush on Hanbin oppa then and Jay oppa knew about it but he didn't say much, we were close until 6 months later when all of a sudden, he suddenly stopped replying me and claimed he was busy. I was hurt but I understood that he must have a reason behind it. He got in touch with me when I was in New York and we were hanging out whenever he was in town. There was something there but nothing ever came to pass, I tried asking him why he stayed away but he would brush it off and just tell me that it was the past and I should let it go.

"You know, you always ask me why I had distanced myself for some time? Truth is YG sajangnim came to see me, he said that I was too old for you and that I should know better than to try to go after a 16 year old. When you were of legal age, you were already with Mino so I just stayed away. When I found out you were in New York, I thought this could be my chance but I could see how hurt you were and I didn't want to take advantage of that situation so I kept a reasonable enough distance. I really tried and I thought I could keep my feelings hidden but spending time with you makes it hard. I guess I will always be a few steps too late. You are in love, if not with Seunghoon then someone else but it is definitely not me. You are always the last person to be aware of your own feelings, Min. I just hope that you are not too late this time. Stop running, Min. I know you came to LA to run away from your feelings but if you give yourself time and listen to your own heart, I think you already know what you truly feel. You only run because you are scared of the consequences and what will happen if you allow yourself to fall. But here's an advice to you from someone who has been through unrequited love and trying to find a replacement for years, allow yourself to fall, love is not supposed to be easy. It is a test of how much you can hurt, you can break but at the same time, how much you can smile and laugh with the right person. If you can find that person you are willing to go through that hurt for then that's the person for you."

I didn't say much after what Jay oppa said but he was right. I always have a tendency to run instead of facing my feelings. Maybe what he said is true, maybe I do love Seunghoon oppa but I am just afraid to face up to my feelings. I took out my phone and texted Seunghoon oppa, "how soon can you visit LA? I think we need to talk." Jay oppa looked at me and smiled when he saw who and what I texted and moved my head from his lap. "Oppa, I'm sorry.", I said and he just smiled and said "Don't be, after all, I was never the one you loved anyway, don't run anymore. By the way, I moved your head because it should be on the one you love and not me. I hope you will finally found what you really want". He kissed my forehead and left my apartment just as Seunghoon oppa replied "I can be there in two days. See you". 

Everyone, please thank YGstans99 for this update because she commented that she has been checking 

all the time for an update :) I'm so grateful and thankful to all of you readers

who even share this story with your friends.

I feel like I don't deserve such love for my little story.

I do hope this chapter satisfies you, work has been a little crazy

In fact, I'm still at work at this hour, 9.27pm and wrote this during my downtime.

Do please comment, upvote and share with your friends if you like this story.

Every little comment and upvote motivates me to go on!!!

Thank you all and have a good weekend wherever you may be :)