Good Morning Part 1

Different/You Don't Know

Min Young Pov

I woke up on Jin-Tae oppa's studio's couch. I guessed that person brought me back here again when I got drunk last night. Since I came back from New York, this person has been a huge comfort and counselor to me. He explained the reasons why he did what he did and well, he had good reasonings so I accepted it as it is. No, I did not cheat on Jinhwan oppa although me and this person have become very close over the past six months since the breakup happened. I never meant to leave Jinhwan oppa in that way but I felt trapped because I didn't know how to tell him that I didn't feel the same way as him but at the same time, I know I had to break it off.

I knew of his surprise visits to the studio as Jin-Tae oppa told me about them but I felt like I needed to create some distance from me and Jinhwan oppa so that it would make it easier to break off. I know that he thought that I cheated on him cause Jin-Tae oppa did tell him I was out for dinner or drinks with that person but in all honesty, I never cheated. It just felt more comfortable being with that person and being free with my feelings than trying to fake feelings for Jinhwan oppa. I regret leaving him in that way and perhaps that is why we have not talked since then but I do know that he is still upset with what happened.

Me and that person got closer after the breakup but he has been the perfect gentleman. Whenever I get drunk after our drinks, he will send me back to Jin-Tae oppa's studio and settle me on the couch before leaving himself. He has mentioned that it will not be nice for him to send me back to an empty apartment as he know that no one will be there to take care of me. Since Jin-Tae oppa comes in to his studio pretty much every morning, that person thought it would be best if Jin-Tae oppa is around to take care of me as sajangnim will probably kill me if I were to camp in YGE's studio and being obviously hungover.

"Morning sleepyhead, that person as usual left you a note and your phone has been beeping away since I came in", Jin-Tae oppa said to me as he handed me my phone and the note. "Hey Min, sorry for getting you drunk again, you can't seem to hold your alcohol, haha. Anyways, I'll be away for a fan-meeting and we shall continue our conversation when I come back. Have a good rest!", said the note. I don't remember us having any conversation so I checked my phone but I only saw a video message from him and I opened it only to find him covering Jin-Tae oppa's song, "Good Morning" and the message just said listen to the lyrics. I was puzzled and Jin-Tae oppa turned to me with a smirk as he heard the cover of the song.

Good morning – that’s what I texted you
I think I’m into you, it’s dangerous

The things I said last night
You probably won’t remember it all
Whenever we go, the restaurant gets ready to close
After it was just you and me

Just Like Jun Lam Hwae’s song^
I made a tacky and awkward confession
I clearly remember your face

It was like a red flower bloomed on your face
(Because of the lighting)
I believe that it’s not just my misunderstanding


* Good morning – that’s what I texted you
I think I’m into you, it’s dangerous
Oh it’s okay if you don’t reply back
I want to express this feeling to you before it’s too late

Hope you have a good good morning (x4)

It’s a good morning, it’s so strange
I definitely came back home long after midnight
But I’m starting off this day so lightly

I guess I was miserable for all this time
Contemplating whether or not to confess to you
Now I just want to wait for your reply
I hope you won’t be too late

You don’t have to rush
(Just before the sun sets)
Just reply back when you feel comfortable

* Repeat

 

"Hmm, no wonder he asked Zico for my number and kakao talked me to ask me for permission to cover this song", Jin-Tae oppa said to me and I turned to him all puzzled and asked him on what he meant and what is the meaning of the song. "Well, like I said, he asked if he could cover this song and said he has been wanting to win this girl over. I suspected it was you but I did not ask him besides you two are actually cute and compatible together. I know the past is complicated but still love will always be a slight bit complicated because if it isn't then what would love be like? As for what the song means, for me, I wrote this after I got really close to this girl who was much younger than me but she captivated me. We always hung out together and well, I did confess while we were both drunk and although the next day felt like any other day, it was different because I had said my feelings. I did want to know if she liked me back but I did not want to be too forward so I texted her just like the song however my story had a different ending than yours because she never did answer me. I wrote this song as a message to her and well, I never got a reply but well, the past is the past. You and him have something different, this spark and fire so don't ignore him, he has made a move", Jin-Tae oppa said.

"Wow, who is this girl who dare not to answer you, oppa. You are like one of the most handsome rappers out there in the scene. I know what you mean, oppa but well, he is away now so I guess we have to resolve everything when he comes back", I said to him. "Well, all I can say is that the girl is a unnie you know very well but that is a story for another day. As for your story, I once caught him kissing your forehead and confessing his love for you but you were so out of it and drunk on my couch that you probably didn't even hear him. He paid me off in drinks so that I won't tell you. I guess you yourself know what your next action is, think carefully", Jin-Tae oppa said then he left the room leaving me to my own thoughts.

 

I'm going to do a double update but I hope you will comment on this chapter before moving onto the next one

I wonder if any of you can guess who is the guy :)

Jin-Tae oppa is Verbal Jint and his songs are amazing!

Did you like the interaction between Min Young and Verbal Jint?

I will be doing a small 3 chapter spin-off of Verbal Jint and the girl he wrote this song for after I finish this story.

Please do comment if you would love to know who he wrote it for :) 

Do listen to the song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgfYSFcFlkc