Cinnamon

My Best Oppa! ~

Eun’s PoV

I woke up alone in bed; I guess WooHyun had already woken up. After smelling and hearing someone cooking in the kitchen, I was certain WooHyun was awake. I blinked a few times to get the sleep out of my eyes, but it wasn’t working. My vision was still a blurry mess. I debated about getting out of bed, but to be honest, I was too damn lazy.

It’s been about two weeks since the bleach incident, but Mi Young and I were still taking things easy. Quite frankly, I had realized some things that made me want to avoid EunHyuk out of fear that I might faint from embarrassment... Which, luckily for me, wasn’t so difficult because he had been flooded with schedules because of A-Cha promotions.

Sighing heavily, I literally rolled off the bed (I do that quite often) and landed on the floor, catching myself with my right hand and left foot. I then proceeded to shuffle my lazy- out of my and WooHyun’s room and into the living room.

“Morning Eunnie,” Onew chuckled when he saw me, motioning for me to join him on the couch. I yawned and rubbed my eyes, plopping down unceremoniously next to him. He wrapped an arm around me and I snuggled into his side, laying my head on his shoulder and closing my eyes. Damn, I was still tired. I heard Onew laugh lightly and pat my head.

A few minutes passed and I felt someone’s presence above me. Opening one eye, I saw TaeMin’s face hovering a few centimeters above mine.

“Good morning Eun!” He chirped cutely, shooting me an adorable eye-smile. I blinked a few times and smiled back at him as Mi Young walked drowsily into the living room followed by SungGyu.

“Morning appa~” I called after Infinite’s leader; Since Mi Young had taken to calling JongKey her parents, I started calling WooGyu my parents as well. I felt a bit lightheaded for some reason, and I sniffed habitually. Hmm... The air smelled dangerously familiar.... Maybe it was one of Key’s scented candles?

There was an announcement of “Breakfast is ready~!” from WooHyun and I felt strong arms gather me up and carry me over to the table. I didn’t even have to look to know it was Hoya. He set me down next to him and all of the other oppas gathered at the table, excited for food.

WooHyun came out and set down plates stacked high with waffles, and I was hit with the strong smell again, but I was way too sleepy to identify it. Ugh...Man, I felt a bit nauseous, but I guess that was just because I was hungry. I watched everyone take bites out of waffles, particularly Mi Young, and saw that they looked quite delicious. Mi Young was chatting happily with DongWoo, and though she was wrinkling her nose in familiar distaste, she didn’t openly state that there was anything wrong with the food. I laughed at my silliness; Of course the waffles are good- WooHyunnie made them!

I eagerly stabbed a waffle with my fork and took a bite out of a corner, chewing slowly. There was a different taste to them...I swallowed and sat there pondering. They tasted like...

“Wait...EUN DON’T EAT THESE!” I heard Mi Young shout, but I was already in the bathroom trying to throw up what I had just eaten before my system realized what I had done. And so far it wasn’t working. .

“EUN HOLD ON! I’LL GET THE MEDICINE!!!” Mi Young was yelling frantically now, but it didn’t seem as loud as it should’ve been.

I was violently vomiting against my own will now, my nervous system on override. My heart was pounding in my ears, my vision was fading around the edges, and everything I heard was hazy and distorted. I could vaguely register a trembling hand on my back, rubbing circles into my tense skin and trying to calm me down.

“I can’t... I CAN’T FIND THE MEDICINE!”

“Call the paramedics!!!!”

“Oh my God... I’m so sorry!”

“MinHo, move her to the living room! HURRY!”

I think I had quit vomiting by then because I suddenly felt the plush cushions of the couch beneath my back. I had given up trying to see who was gathered around me and focused on the heartbeat that was pulsing thickly in the hand that was tightly gripping my own.

My lungs were failing me now; Trying to breath was like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Still, I focused on that pulse. 1...2...3...4...

“...cinnamon allergy...”

“...didn’t know!”

“Fatal reaction....”

“...all my fault...”

“...call...Hyuk...”

“...sorry...I’m sorry...”

There were unfamiliar presences around me now, pricking my arms with needles and hooking me up to all sorts of strange machines. I faintly registered the sound of a heart monitor beeping rapidly in the background. Oh great, not again...

The frantic conversation continued around and above me, but I didn’t catch all of it. Something about how I was going to die.

I heard someone call my name as they burst into the room...It was a different voice from the ones that were already there... It was a comforting voice...

The hand that held mine switched out another, more slender hand. A different person, a different pulse. 1...2...3...

The beeping in the background sped up, the shouting got more frantic, I couldn’t register anything anymore. I think I wasn’t on the couch anymore, I don’t know. I heard the terrified voice of a girl and then I felt the sting of an Epi-pen in my thigh...

That pulse was speeding up as well...The hand was trembling...Was the person crying? I had a sudden urge to cry...I think I knew who was holding my hand, and it was someone who made me cry when was crying... 1...2...

The shouting never stopped...I felt like I was being lifted....I heard people crying.... The hand was ripped from mine... 1...

Suddenly, all my sense came rushing back to me, 10 times sharper than usual. I knew what was happening. I was dying. I knew who was holding my hand. I didn’t want him to let go of me. Unable to speak, I screamed out in my mind. Don’t let go of my hand! Please, don’t let go! I’m scared... Oppa... Saranghae....

Everything became hazy again as I spiraled further into a blinding light. I saw so many images flash before me. One image in particular stayed with me, though. I could feel my heart laboring and I felt like crying. I hadn’t even gotten to do anything with my life yet...

I felt like I was drowning, slowly and painfully....

And then everything went black.


The next thing I knew I was laying on a bed in a room that smelled an awful lot like cleaning solution. There was a gentle hum of machines in the air, but that wasn’t the sound that caught my attention. There were soft sobs, hiccups, frustrated breathing, and heavy sighs. There was a hand tightly gripping mine, the same one that held my hand first during the whole incident. I wrapped my fingers weakly around the hand, struggling to open my eyes.

After I had blinked the blur away, I looked around the room. Sterile...White. . I was in a hospital. Again.

“Eun?”

I looked towards the person holding my hand and saw Hoya, his eyes filled with relief. I smiled weakly at him and he let out a laugh. The kind that people who have been crying their eyes out for a long time over their injured loved one lets out when they hear that everything will be okay. The kind that should only happen in angsty dramas.

I shakily sat up and looked at all the people in the room. All of my oppas were here...But... The person I was looking for wasn’t. I couldn’t really remember who it was that I was searching for, but I just knew he wasn’t there...

I tried to speak, but no words would come out. I tried again, but I just couldn’t get my vocal chords to form the sounds. My eyes went really wide and I just felt like crying. I hated this... Being so helpless... So weak...

“Oh Eun...Shhh, it’s okay,” SungGyu murmured as he hugged me softly, petting my hair. I guess I was crying. Man...I’m such a crybaby.

“E-eun...I’m sorry...It’s my fault...I’m sorry,” I heard WooHyun mumbled between sobs, and I pulled away from SungGyu and motioned for WooHyun to come here. When he got close enough I pulled him into a hug and sobbed into his chest as he cried.

Poor WooHyun. It wasn’t his fault, he didn’t know. There was no way he could’ve known. None of this was his fault.

I was so frustrated I couldn’t tell him this, so I just hugged him tightly.

This was going to take a while to heal.

I spent the rest of the day just listening to my oppas tell me stories about how scared they were and how much they loved me and how Mi Young was beating herself up about the whole thing.

Poor Mi Young...

Eventually I heard that I would be able to go home tomorrow, and that me being mute was just from the shock to my nervous system and I should be back to normal within the next few days.

This whole entire situation has happened to me before but... Having the Infinite oppas and the SHINee oppas and Mi Young here supporting me and loving me... It just seemed a lot less scary than I remember.

And for that I’m forever grateful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: ending is , guys =____________=
Also, I’m sorry this update took so long. I was actually writing a different chapter, but then I realized that THIS chapter was supposed to go up, and then I realized I LOST this chapter, so I had to type it up again TTATT

But! Updates after this should go quite smoothly.... Hopefully xD

Anyway, please comment! ^ ^
Thank you for staying with this story despite the crap updates!!!!

~Dobu