Of Birthdays and Remembrances

My Best Oppa! ~

 

Mi Young’s POV:

                Where is everybody? I woke up later than usual, and by later than usual I mean ten o’clock as opposed to say, three thirty in the morning? Erm…it’s really quiet…I staggered out of Hoya and I’s room and was met with total silence…well this is…not normal. Sleepily I trudged into the living room and was met with a loud yell of “SURPRISE!” Oh. My. Effin. Hogod. I screamed in surprise and jumped backwards, clutching at my Minho’s shirt. Aish…the oppas and Eun were all gathered around wearing stupid- party hats. Huh?

“Happy Birthday Mi Younggie!” They chorused.

“Eh?” I exclaimed.

                Huh? Birthday? What? Since when?! I’m sure my face was showing the high level of confusion.

“It’s my…birthday?” I asked, confused.

The oppas faces fell and they turned to a laughing Eun.

“I thought you said today was her birthday?” Key yelled.

“It is! She does this every year; sadly dear Mi Younggie has a tendency to forget her own birthday.” Eun explained in between giggles.

“I do not!” I huffed with a firm pout on my face.

                I heard a few “aww”s at my unintentional aegyo and I pouted some more.

“Mi Young, when is your birthday?” SungGyu asked.

“October 29th.” I answered confidently.

                I beamed cheekily at them. See? I know my own birthday.

“Uh…Mi Young…today is October 29th.” Onew sighed.

“What? No way.”  I exclaimed in disbelief.

“Yup! It is, dear Mi Younggie! Happy eighteenth birthday!” Eun said happily.

                Eh? Today isn’t my birthday….it’s in like….a week? Sensing my disbelief Hoya sighed and hit a few buttons on his iPad before handing it to me. The calendar was open and it was indeed October 29th. Huh….guess I did forget my birthday…again…heheh….that’s umm…..my confused expression morphed from confused to “oh ” in a millisecond. Code red! Code ing red! Hide Mi Young hide! My eighteenth birthday, that dreaded day….oh Shisus have mercy on my soul. I was silently thankful Hoya took the iPad from me when he saw the change in my expression because I would have dropped it otherwise. I dropped to my knees in front of Eun and bowed.

“Please Eunnie. Please, please, PLEASE don’t make me go. Don’t hand me over to the traitors.” I pleaded to her.

“Huh?” JongHyun exclaimed.

“Agreed, what the ?” Key echoed.

“Aish Mi Younggie calm down.” Eun sighed.

                The phone rang and I flipped out. It’sthem! I latched onto Eun’s leg and wrapped my body around it. Eun sighed and answered the phone.

“Annyeong? Oh! Yun-Unnie!” She chirped into the phone.

                Oh , time to get out of here. NOW. Hearing my eldest sister’s name on this particular day sent me into a panicked frenzy. No no no no no! Not good! Not good! MAN THE LIFE BOATS! Man the ing life boats!

“Mi Young? Yeah birthday girl is here—“

                I jumped up and ran from the room screaming “You’ll never take me alive!” I heard a few of the oppas laugh at my statement as I fled the room. I ran straight to the kitchen and barricaded myself in. I will NOT go without a fight dammit. I heard DongWoo’s signature hyena cackle followed by a knock on the door. Slowly I approached the door, ladle in hand, ready for anything.

“Who is it?” I growled.

“DongWoo silly, so…you wanna lemme in?” He asked.

“No.” I said flatly.

                Mi Young’s rule of thumb number twenty-seven, when birthday comes around trust NO ONE.

“Why not?” DongWoo whined.

“Because….are you part of the conspiracy?” I asked suspicious of his motives.

“What conspiracy?”

“Aish Mi Young where the hell did you go? Yun-unnie wants to talk to you!” I heard Eun yell.

“NO WAY IN HELL ! You’re in on it!” I shouted back.

“Mi Young stop acting like a child.” Eun shouted.

“NEVER!”

“Song Mi Young…” Eun growled.

“No godammit!”

“WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE IS GOING ON HERE?!” Key roared.

“Umma, calm down.” Taemin cooed.

“Echoing Key-ah’s sentiment, what IS going on here exactly?” SungGyu asked.

“Ask the traitor!” I yelled.

“I am not a traitor!”

“Both of you! Stop!” Onew yelled, effectively shutting both me and Eun up.

“Everybody calm down, Mi Young, honey come out of the kitchen so we can talk.” WooHyun said calmly.

“NO!”

“Get your out here now Mi Young!” Eun yelled.

“No dammit!”

“Mi Young, keep in mind we can get to your iPod quite easily and you can’t.” Minho threatened.

                Oh no. I gasped and tore through my barricade; I opened the door with so much force I nearly ripped it off of its hinges. The oppas were all looking at me like I was crazy. No people I am not crazy, simply paranoid…and bipolar….and I heard voices…sometimes…they tell me to do things…like steal lemon candiez…..okay so I am a TAD crazy. But you love me anyway, right? RIGHT? ….right?.....

“You hurt my baby and I will ing castrate you and shove said manly bits up your sorry .” I growled.

                Every guy in my immediate vicinity that valued their nuts backed away; except Key, Taemin and SungJong who were laughing their asses off. I glared and sat down crosslegged on the floor; my arms crossed over my chest in an angry pout.

“Now, will one of you tell us what is going on?” Hoya asked.

“Fine! Well, ever since I was little my sisters and that traitor had been plotting my eighteenth birthday extravaganza as they put it. Namely involving me in a pink princess ball gown, a huge- party and horrid ‘pleasantries’ that I hadn’t quite figured out yet since they get worse every year.” I huffed.

“Seriously?” L sighed.

“Yup! We had so much planned!’ Eun giggled evilly.

“SEE!” I yelled pointing at her.

                Eun smiled evilly and I shuddered.

“WHY CAN’T YOU JUST LET ME BE A HERMIT IN PEACE DAMMIT?!” I yelled, if this were an anime I would have had tears streaming down my face.

                I REFUSE to go get a ball gown, put it on, and have an eighteenth birthday party, Italian style. For those of you who don’t understand the meaning of this, basically get all your relatives together, exchange embarrassing stories about the person and get faced drunk. I just wanna sleep, sit at home, eat lemon flavored stuff, and play video games.

“Aish…pabos, well now that we’ve gotten through the craziness over and done with do you want to open presents?” WooHyun asked me.

“No Hyung! Craziness is fun!” SungYeol yelled. 

                Almost immediately afterwards he let rip a dolphin scream I certainly was NOT expecting. I jumped up and screamed as well, but from surprise. I dove into the nearest male’s arms and cowered, too early for Mi Young. I is jumpy dammit! The nearest oppa turned out to be DongWoo who gladly held me. Eun smack SungYeol upside his head, (with some slight difficulty) and scolded her “Yeollie-pop” for scaring me. DongWoo put me down and the oppas led me back to the living room. I was forcibly seated at the head of the pull out table and they gathered around me. I had L on one side and DongWoo on the other. Each of the oppas held a present of some sort…wow…they put a lot of thought into this.

“Wait! The cake!” Key exclaimed.

“Huh? There’s cake? What?” I asked.

“Yes pabo, it’s your birthday you’re supposed to have cake.” L said.

                Key ran out of the room and then returned quickly carrying a rather large; no I think that qualifies as GINORMOUS, cake. The cake was placed in front of me and I noticed it was covered in white and yellow frosting and looked delicious. L leaned over.

“That’s a lemon cake in case you were wondering.” He whispered.

“Omo? Really?”

                L chuckled at my response.

“Let’s sing!” SungJong exclaimed happily.

                The whole table erupted into a remarkably harmonized “happy birthday” song. I blushed and squirmed awkwardly in my seat; it didn’t help that DongWoo decided to sing it like a ballad beside me. The crazy rapper held my hand and sang, over exaggerating his expressions like crazy; this resulted in my trying not to laugh. Aish this kid. The song ended and I smiled lightly. Fourteen faces beamed at me.

“Wait…we have a problem.” Eun piped up.
“What?” SungYeol asked, from his seat besides SungGyu.

“Uhh, who’s gonna give her the come of age kiss?”

“NG!” I yelled, crossing my arms in front of my face in an “x” as I did so.

“No one touches Mi Young.” Minho growled.

“I see Eun’s point though. It’s tradition.” WooHyun said.

“No way is anyone kissing my baby in front of me.” Key argued.

“But Key-ah, its tradition.” Hoya replied.

“How would you like it if someone kissed Eun in front of you?” JongHyun countered.

                                A full on argument broke out, half of them for the tradition, the other half against it. Aish…I sighed and watched the fight, waiting for it to end.

“Aish.” L muttered besides me.

                Before I could ask why he swore he grabbed my chin (a bit roughly might I add) and crashed our lips together. The table went dead silent upon seeing this. His lips melded with my own, and they moved together slowly. After I got over my initial shock I pulled back slowly, breaking the contact as I blushed as red as a tomato. Excuse me for a moment while I fangirl. OH MAH GAH! I JUST GOT KISSED BY THE ALMIGHTY IN’ Y KIM MOTHERIN’ MYUNGSOO!! My inner fangirl rage was interrupted by everyone yelling at L for the action.

“What the hell MyungSoo?!” SungGyu yelled.

“Calm down Gyu-hyung.” L said calmly.

“BRUH! YOU DID NOT JUST ING MOUTH MY BABY IN FRONT OF ME!” Key yelled.

                Well this is getting out of hand…

“Yah! Enough!” I yelled.

                The oppas shut up upon my yelling and I sighed. This is one hell of a birthday.

“Presents?” SungJong suggested.

“Yeah! Mi Younggie open mine first!” DongWoo cheered.

                A small box was placed in front of me and I eyed it cautiously; my last birthday KangDae gave me a box, claimed it was jewelry only when I opened it the damn thing blew up on me. My sixteenth birthday that my friend ByungHyun gave me a box with a tarantula in it; needless to say presents and I have never really gotten along.

“Umm…ok… it’s not gonna blow up is it?” I asked.

                I heard Eun snort from across the table, she must have remembered last year’s incident.

“No, now open it!” DongWoo replied cheerfully.

                I slowly opened the box and was met with the adorable sight of a chibi dinosaur cell phone charm. Aww, underneath it was a 15,000 won gift card to my favorite store. YUSH! JANG DONGWOO YOU ING ROCK! I hugged DongWoo tightly and he laughed. I gave him the megawatt smile and released him. My next present was thrown, literally, at my head by a cranky SungYeol. The bag was caught by L who handed it to me calmly. I opened the bag and saw a pink collar…umm…this would be AWESOME if it weren’t pink. I reached in and pulled the object out to examine it further and an uproar of outrage resulted.

“What the hell man?!” Hoya yelled.

“Yeol! Why would you give that to Mi Young?!” L raged.

“What the do you think you’re gonna do with my daughter?!” Key roared.

“Lee SungYeol. Run. NOW!” Minho yelled.

“Whoa, whoa! Calm down. Eun told me to get it for her!” SungYeol defended himself

                The group turned to Eun, utterly flabbergasted. Yes, that’s right I said it, flabbergasted. Hehe, that’s a funny word.

“What? Mi Younggie’s always wanted a collar.” Eun said nonchalantly as if conversing about the weather.

                Now the group turned to me and I flushed pink, Aish how do I explain this? Umm….

“You want what now?” JongHyun spoke through clenched teeth.

“Umm…well...” I muttered.

“You have a ?!” Taemin blurted out.

“TAEMIN!” Key yelled, shocked by the statement.

“What? It needed to be said. Yeesh.”

“No I don’t have a …I just think the collars look cool.” I clarified sheepishly.

                I was stared down.

“Moving on then!” I exclaimed awkwardly.

                My next gift was a joint gift from the Maknae line. Inside the box lay a Death Note notebook, two videogames (Batman: Arkham City and Lara Croft: Anniversary) and a doodle doll. Holy mother of it’s BATMAN! How did they find out about my Batman obsession? My face must have said it all when I looked up at them in silent adoration. The pair beamed at me and did a joint heart bomb.

“Saranghaeyo Mi Younggie!” They cheered.

                Key and WooHyun gave me a ton of scented candles, lotions and other luxury items; Jjong gave me two concert tickets front row to see TRAX. SungGyu somehow managed to score me the Infinite Beats by Dr. Dre headphones and Onew got me a 50,000 won gift visa. Minho got me a soccer ball signed by the entire Dream Team. After Hoya’s custom dance mixtape only L and Eun’s presents were left. L pulled out a jewelry box…huh? I reached for it and opened the box slowly. A very pretty silver charm bracelet shown in the light; oh my god, it was so pretty. I felt my eyes tear up a tad and I hugged the usually silent man that sat beside me. Eun let out an “Aish, so much MyungYoung.” L smirked and pulled the bracelet out, he clipped it on to my wrist and I examined it. My eyes focused on the various charms; a skull, a music note, a soccer ball, an 18, a game controller and a heart. Aww…I hugged him once more and smiled.

“How the hell am I supposed to top that?! Aish….”Eun yelled.

                L shot her his signature smirk and shrugged.

“I’m telling Kyuhyun-oppa!” She whined.

“So?” L challenged.

                Eun huffed and lobbed three bags at him; all of which he caught easily. Damn this boy is a ninja. He handed the three bags to me and I selected one at random to open first. When I opened it I squealed, inside was a black tee with “Property of SuJu” scrawled on it, and a pair of black Batman PJ bottoms. OMFG. BATMAN!!! Ooh…shiny bracelet…wait…did I just ignore Batman? BLASPHEMY!

“Eunnie! BATMAN!” I yelled waving the pants around in the air like a hyperactive child.

                She beamed at me and shot L a smug smirk.

“Open the other two.” She prompted.

                I reached for the second bag and pulled out a GORGEOUS  pair of heels. OMFG! I spazzed out so bad. They were four inches at least, a solid black color with red lace over them. The best part was the heels were studded with blood red sequin looking things. OMFG! I squealed loudly once more and hugged the heels to my chest; DongWoo had to actually remove them from my grasp so the world could continue. Those are going in the special shelf in my closet, right next to my blue, suede thigh high boots that I kinda stole from the photoshoot. What? Don’t look at me like that. They put me in a freaking costume, a POSSESED costume, and turned me loose in a room full of hormonal Idols. Yeah, I thought so. I have wanted these since like, FOREVER. The third bag made me tear up, no joke. I reached inside and pulled out a homemade scrap-book of memories. I opened the front cover and the tears started rolling; there was a collage of pictures of Eun and me from when we were young and a more recent picture. I thumbed through some of the pages and discovered that the pictures went all the way back from when we were four. The oppas and Eun noticed that I had started to cry and the oppas got mildly scared; Eun however stood up and walked over to me. L had dropped a comforting arm around me as I cried, holding onto the scrapbook. It was beautiful and sentimental. Eun pulled me into a tight hug as she knelt next to my seated form.

“Aww Mi Younggie.” She cooed.

                I could tell she was starting to tear up too; we had always been that close. My best friend turned sister; we’d been through so much together. The overwhelming joy, the depression, the fights and seeing our families grow closer together and now this; we had experienced it all. I cried from overwhelming emotion; joy, love and a small bit of sadness poured out. Eun rubbed my back in slow soothing circles as she held me. She knew exactly why I had reacted this way.

“Mi Younggie, you’re gonna make me cry…” She whispered.

“I’m sorry…I just…” I said in between sniffles.

“I know Umma, I know.”

                I calmed myself for the most part and pulled away, still clutching the scrap book. I must have looked a hot mess; bed head, puffy eyes, tears and a giant smile on my face. I gave the worried oppas a megawatt smile to show them that the tears were of joy, not sorrow.

“I’m sorry…I…thank you, all of you. Saranghae.” I said, my voice still trembling.

                As I said this I wiped at my eyes with the heel of my palm, trying to get the tears to go away. I felt L’s hand gently push mine away as his thumb brushed against my cheek, wiping away the tears of joy.

“Aww our baby.” JongHyun cooed.

“GROUP HUG!” DongWoo yelled.

                The oppas piled on to me, L and Eun. The group erupted into laughter as we fell over, this was a great birthday. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that was that. Hey guys, long time no see! How was it? Dawww Mi Younggie be cryin and stuff.....so sentimental....hehe....so you finally got to see one of the softer sides of Mi Young. It's only fair considering Eun's inner devil showed up in an earlier chapter. So...ummm....yeah.....hope y'all liked it! Love you all~

~Umma