[Haehyuk] Love Again

Soundtrack-SJ

Love again

Pairing: Eunhae/Haehyuk dominant!Hae

Rating: PG

Genre: slight Angst, Romance

Summary: I just want to love you again

A/N: Happy belated birthday Hae

--

Donghae pov

Is it real? I’m in pain. I’m hurt. I want to wake up. Please brain, let my eyelids to open. Please mind stops playing my life movie. I didn’t need a reminder of what I look like at high school, what I do when I was a child. I only need to wake up. I want to apologize to him. I want him.

Donghae pov end

--

A crumpled tissue damp with tears lay innocently on the floor, the other tissue, damp with tears filling up the trash bin. The other, tightly clamped by his finger, once a while the tissue moved to absorb the rolling tears.

“Are you crying again because of him, Hyukjae?” asked Heechul who just entering the room and sat down beside him.

“No hyung, I’m crying because this story is so sad.” He wiped off his tears.

Heechul gave him an I-don’t-trust-you look. “Was finding nemo is a sad movie? I thought it’s a cheerful movie for a kid.” He stated matter of fact.

Hyukjae blinked. Fresh tears appeared again.

Heechul sighed. “Come here you stupid monkey.” He opened his arm and with a loud wail, Hyukjae thrown himself to Heechul’s embrace. He cries his eyes out. Heechul sighed. He maybe a talkative person, but he really bad when it come to comfort someone. He loves Hyukjae and he loves his boyfriend-errr-ex boyfriend as well although he admitted, he really wants to kill Hyukjae’s ex after he dumped him.

He rubbed Hyukjae’s back softly. “Don’t cry…” It's hurt to see you drowning in despair “Everything will be okay…” Maybe not in the short time, but it wasn’t the end of the world “He wills back to you if he meant for you…” I’m sure with that.

After that, only Hyukjae’s sobs that become a sign that life and human feeling still exist inside the cold room.

--

“How was he, Doctor?”

The doctor shook his head. This stranger hasn’t show any progress. The police couldn’t find any ID nor the phone number to call his relatives and it started make Siwon tired. Beside took care of this stranger case, he got new task to found his relatives too. He reminiscent his peaceful times few days ago when he just an ordinary traffic police who was waiting a promotion letter when a report came. A stranger has found unconsciously beside a quiet forest. Judging from his condition, he was robbed and beaten badly before, which lead him to coma state.

“I missed my donut and hot coffee.” He sighed and walked away to get some delicious coffee before he started insane.

--

“How’s Hyukjae?” asked Sungmin worriedly when he approaching Heechul in his workplace after his work hour ends.

“He’s okay. I think.” Heechul replied. He tried to divide his concentration, between talking, filling the donut with cream and watching his cake inside the oven.

“I’ll check him now.” Said Sungmin and wore his coat again.

Heechul nodded. “Okay, take this donut for him too Min. Tell him I’ll late. We got a lot order today.”

He dusted off the flour from his apron when he heard someone rang the bell.

“Welcome to Pumpkin Pie. What’s your order?” Heechul asked. A good-looking man with police uniform was standing in front of him and smiling.

No one knew who start the conversation first but Heechul found himself talking with this good-looking police, he knew later his name was Siwon, for few hours of his night shift. Until at one point when Siwon talked about the stranger on his case he currently work, Heechul felt a strange tug inside his heart. He asked Siwon to descriptive the stranger as accurate as possible and Siwon gladly doing that after he threw few question to Heechul, he even showed the stranger picture. Heechul gasped.

“It’s Donghae. My dongsaeng's ex boyfriend.” He said in surprise.

Siwon couldn’t believe his ears, finally after a week he found a light at end of tunnel. Out of reflex, he hugged Heechul tightly. “Thank you…Thank you. Can you come to hospital tomorrow? Please, give the news to his relatives too.”

Heechul blushed after Siwon released his hug. “Yeah, I will.” He promised.

--

Hyukjae was crying again, although for different reason now. He held Donghae’s hand tightly and whispering comfort word, an encouragement for Donghae to open his eyes and everything will be all right.

He brushed his finger on Donghae’s cheek softly. Caressing his wound. “Wake up, please.” He said weakly. His eyes landed on calendar at wall. Tomorrow is 15 October, Donghae’s birthday and Hyukjae only want Donghae to wake up and celebrate his birthday with him. “Please.”

--

Donghae pov

My ears wasn't tricked me, right? I heard him. I heard Hyukjae’s voice. Please, let me wake up. I want to wake up. I want to wipe off his tears. I want him.

Donghae pov end

--

“Happy birthday, Hae. Heechul hyung and Sungmin couldn’t come this morning but they promised they’ll visit you after they done with their work. Heechul hyung made a cheesecake for you. He know you wasn’t a big fan of sweet.” Hyukjae keep talking as if Donghae was responding. He walking to window and opened it. An autumn cold wind gusted in, replacing the stuffy air inside Donghae’s room. He lit up the candles on Donghae’s cake. With tears streaming on his face, he holds Donghae’s hand again and sang the happy birthday song softly, “Saengil chukha hamnida…saengil chukha hamnida…saranghaneun Donghae ya…saengil chukha hamnida…” he blow the candle after he make a wish.

Hyukjae fell asleep beside Donghae’s bed after Siwon and a doctor came to ask about his condition. The air nice and the feeling serene. Hyukjae stirred after he felt something touch his hand. He saw Donghae’s finger moved and caressing his palm. Hyukjae jolted. “Donghae!” he said in surprise, quickly ran outside to find the doctor.

Few minutes passed after the doctor left. He sat down awkwardly beside Donghae. “I...umm…Happy birthday Hae.” He said softly and replied by a weak smile. “Thank you.” Donghae mouthed. “I love you.” He continued.

Hyukjae’s crying again. The person who broke his heart now said he loves him. Is it dream?

“I’m sorry.” Donghae croaked.

“I had forgiven you, Hae.”

“Can you love me again, Hyukkie?”

“Yes, Hae. Yes.”

“Thank you.”

Hyukjae finally smiled. A very genuine smile. He leaned and pressed his lips on Donghae’s thin lips.

“Happy birthday, Hae.”

--