Chapter 7

Let Me Love You

"Yah, Lee Min-ho, where are you?" Sunny stood infront of the building with a few boxes of cupcakes in her hand.

She was near the vicinity and thought of bringing some snacks for her friend who was having a photoshoot. She knew Min-ho through Yoona, since both of them were models and went into the industry about the same time. The pair was the favorite pairing in the industry, with Min-ho's boyish image and Yoona’s innocence.

"Yah, I'm older than you. Show some respect. You should call me Oppa." The muffled voice came together with the noisy background. There were a lot of talking and shouting. She could even hear some upbeat song blasting in the background.

"Whatever. You were supposed to come out to get the cupcakes! Where are you?!" Sunny clicked her tongue and had the urge to smash all the cupcakes onto Min-ho's face.

"I can't leave right now. Why not you come up? I'm in Studio 3. See you!" He cut off the call before Sunny could reply.

"Jerk," she muttered under her breath and pocketed her phone. It was not the first time Min-ho pulled such tricks to get her to deliver food or snacks to him.

He was a nice guy and always prepared food for the crew and fellow models. But he was an towards her. Why were we even friends in the first place? Right, 'cause we're gaming buddies. Urgh.

Before she could step foot into the building, her phone rang again, indicating a text message. She took out her phone and unlocked her screen to see a text from Yoona.

'Unnie, I'll be heading over for dinner together with a new pretty colleague later. Reserve a table for 2 for me? :p'

She smiled while reading the text. Yoona would always find an opportunity to help her promote the restaurant to friends or colleagues.

Although she wasn’t sure if it was intentional, or Yonna just loved coming over for food, she was glad that business picked up after having reviews from various magazines- courtesy of her dongsaeng.

'Sure, anything for you. Just bring yourselves here and I'll settle the rest. ;)'

She called back to her restaurant to inform her staff to reserve the table at the back for Yoona, and told them to serve her friend well since she wasn't sure what time she’d be back from this errand.

 

---

 

Yoona and Juhyun walked along the pavement towards the restaurant the older girl mentioned. They talked about almost everything on their way, and got comfortable with each other.

Juhyun was shocked that Yoona's still single and had been single ever since she debuted. She thought that with the looks and achievements, the pretty model should be attached.

"Well, there were guys who courted me or expressed their interest in knowing me better. But… I don't know, I just don't feel the same." Yonna explained while pouting. "And I'm not looking for a fling or anything of that sort. That's why I'd rather stay single and keep my eyes open."

"You're still young anyway. I'm sure someone will come by when the time is right."

Yoona stopped and the younger followed suit. They stood infront of a restaurant that was situated at the end of the street, next to a boutique. The exterior of it was simple yet gave off a very cozy vibe. Bright and warm colors were used and it suited the name of the restaurant- 'Sunny Day'.

"Well, we're here! Let's go in." Yonna chirped and opened the door for Juhyun.

The latter stepped into the restaurant and was immediately amazed by the interior.

To the left was a bar counter, there was even a small stage at the corner that's equipped with a stage keyboard and acoustic guitar. The tables were arranged in a manner that patrons could see the stage clearly if there was a performance.

Although there were only windows at the side where the door is, the whole restaurant was brightly lit. There were paintings –of flowers and sceneries- hanging on the walls across from where they stood. All in all, this place gave off a comfortable vibe and Juhyun found herself starting to like it. She made a mental note to visit this place more often.

"Hi Yoona, Sunny's out to run an errand and will be back soon. She had already reserved a table for you, so please follow me," said the waiter who approached his boss's friend immediately after spotting her at the entrance with the pretty actress.

"Thanks Jonghyun." Yoona bowed slightly to the waiter and nudged her friend to follow her. She knew each and every employee of Sunny's, so they were all on a first-name basis.

They walked to the back of the restaurant which was quieter, and Yoona's favourite place as people could hardly notice her there.

Once Jonghyun got them settled down, he left them with two menus and told them he would come back later to take their orders.

"They serve breakfast all day, and the popular stuff is listed as chef's recommendation. But well, everything on their menu is good so just pick whatever you feel like eating or trying." Yoona flipped the menu open for Juhyun and slid it infront of the latter, pointing at various parts of the menu as she explained.

"Wow, are you the spokesperson of this restaurant?" The actress joked and laughed when the older girl sheepishly grinned, rubbing the back of her neck.

 

---

 

“Sunny?”

She heard her name and turned around, coming face to face with a familiar brunette. “Tiffany? What are you doing here?”

The brunette stepped closer to her and helped with the boxes of cupcakes in her hand. “I’m having a photoshoot. Why are you here?”

Sunny smiled at the sweet gesture. “I’m here to deliver cupcakes that Min-ho ordered. I suppose you’re his partner for today’s shoot?”

“Oh, you know him? Such a small world!” Tiffany exclaimed excitedly. Maybe she could exchange contact details with Sunny and eventually find her way to Taeyeon.

The blonde has been on her mind ever since that party two weeks ago. She wasn’t sure why but there was like an invisible force that pulled her towards Taeyeon. She was probably curious, and she’d like to think that she's a friendly person who could break down the barriers one had.

Sunny's phone rang in the midst of their conversation and she smiled apologetically at Tiffany. The latter caught the hint and was just about to turn around, so she could place the cupcakes on the empty table at the corner when she heard Sunny's voice. Or rather, who was calling her.

"Hey Tae, what's up?"

She stopped in her tracks and bit her lips unknowingly. She wanted so much to stay where she was and eavesdrop on the conversation. But that's rude and she had no reason to stay.

"I'm at the studio near your office. Min-ho oppa manipulated me for his benefit again."

She gingerly turned over to back face Sunny, doing anything she could to slow down her actions. She took baby steps, looking down at the boxes she was holding onto and made it seem like she was looking at the flavors available.

"Yoong's coming over for dinner with a friend though. Do you still want to come?"

Dinner? Sunny's place? Oh right, she did mention she owns a restaurant. Perhaps I could…

"Alright, call me when you're here? I'll head down right away."

Tiffany snapped out of her thoughts and quickened her pace towards the table. She placed the boxes nicely on the surface and got a shock as she turned and Sunny was just within an arm’s reach from where she was.

"Oh my god," she muttered under her breath and placed her hand over her heart. Her heart was beating erratically, like as if she was caught for doing something wrong. She wasn't sure which was which- was she shocked that Sunny stood behind her without her knowing, or scared that Sunny knew what she was thinking of?

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," Sunny said apologetically, after seeing how scared the brunette was, "I just wanted to ask if you'd like to join me and Taeyeon for dinner later? Her workplace is near and she's coming to get me."

Tiffany almost squealed out loud and jumped in victory. Of course she wouldn't let this opportunity slip by. She just had to call Siwon to postpone their dinner. He was supposed to fetch her after work to her favorite restaurant. But that could wait.

"Sure."

 

---

 

More Taeny interactions would surface from now onwards. And that's where all the drama starts (or so I hope it's dramatic enough for you guys). I'm trying to give you guys more Taeny so I had to edit away other characters' scenes out. I kinda have an idea how this story would go, and how it would end. But well, along the way if I get more ideas I'll just edit, edit and edit. As long as it satisfies you readers, and it flows.

Next update would probably be next weekend. Or if time allows, mid-week! Thanks for your patience!

Lastly, thank you for subscribing! (:

-E