Chapter 13

Let Me Love You

"Oh my gosh is that Im Yoona?"

"Why is she here?"

"Is she here to guest star in the drama?"

"Why weren't we informed earlier? I look hideous!"

"Goddess Im~"

The moment Yoona stepped into the filming set, people started mumbling and pointing fingers at her. It was something she had to get used to. No matter where she went, people would always recognize her thanks to the multiple CFs she had done and magazine covers she had been on.

She went for casual wear today since she came from Sunny's restaurant. Hopefully she looked decent enough for her pictures to circulate around the SNS accounts. Although she was not very tech savvy, she would keep track of the comments that netizens had of her and made sure to always present herself nicely.

As she walked towards the corner where actors and actresses were resting, she plastered a small smile on her face and bowed slightly to every crew member. She knew exactly where to find whom she was here for, since she figured Juhyun would sit in the corner to go through her script.

Her smile widened as she spotted the actress sitting alone with her script on her lap and her head bowed. She had her earphones plugged in if not she ould have known that Yoona was here. It was not until she stood infront of Juhyun, blocking her source of light that the latter looked up from her script.

Juhyun stood up hastily and in the process dropped her script onto the floor. Her eyes widened in shock and she stood there staring at the smiling model.

Yoona laughed at the bewildered expression of the actress and finally knew why she was so successful and popular. Her expression when she was acting and her expression now was identical. It meant that she was a natural.

Juhyun took off her earphones and smiled. "Why are you here?"

"I'm here to visit you and I bought some snacks for everyone," Yoona said and handed a medium sized paper bag over.

"Thanks." Juhyun took the bag and looked in to see its contents. She saw a cup of cut fruits, a bottle of herbal drink, a chicken sandwich and what seemed like mini macaroons. She looked back up to Yoona, confused. The model mentioned snacks for everyone but this did not seem like it's enough to go around.

Yoona only smiled and pointed her thumb towards her back. Juhyun followed where she was pointing and gasped. There were two men from a catering company setting up tables near the entrance, and the other three placed a few plates of food on the table. She thought that was all, but two more men came in with more food. She was a little too far from the tables to see what they were but it seemed like a good spread.

 

---

 

"Today's food is courtesy of Seo Juhyun-ssi! Please enjoy and help yourselves!" One of the men shouted and every employee from the catering company bowed before heading out.

"Woohoo! Thanks Juhyun-ssi!"

"Daebak!"

"Looks yummy!"

Everyone thanked her as they started crowding the tables to take a better look at what was available.

Juhyun looked at Yoona who never stopped smiling. No one had ever done this for her and she felt warm and fuzzy inside. Although she did treat the crew drinks and light snacks before, this was the most sumptuous meal they ever had.

"I thought coming here with just that paper bag is a little rude so I ordered something on your behalf to treat everyone. I hope you don't mind." Yoona took Juhyun's silence as unhappiness thus she thought she should explain herself for doing something so over the top.

Although it was normal for an actor or actress to provide everyone some snacks or a nice meal, she thought she should have discussed with Juhyun before deciding on her own. Afterall, she wasn't part of this drama and she was just an impromptu visitor.

"Thank you," Juhyun said shakily as she prevented tears that were clouding her eyes to escape, "nobody has ever done this for me. You didn't have to."

She placed the paper bag onto her chair and took a step forward. She looked into Yoona's eyes and mirrored her expression- both their smiles turned into a wide grin.

Her hands reached out to Yoona's shoulder and she pulled the latter in for a hug. She felt the model's hands wrapped behind her back and she shuddered. This was the first time being so close to Yoona and she strangely felt no discomfort at the close proximity.

Yoona was surprised that Juhyun made the first move to initiate a hug. She remembered the actress told her she was uncomfortable with physical contact with people other than her family. That was something she had to get over with, since it was unavoidable to shoot intimate scenes in her line of work.

She pulled away from the hug and saw the tears in Juhyun's eyes. "Yah, why are you crying?" She gave her a piece of napkin. "Do you have a crying scene after this so you're using this chance to get into the emotion?"

Juhyun punched her arm lightly and dabbed her eyes with the napkin. "It's just- I was overwhelmed. Didn't expect you to come and then those..." She waved her hand towards the buffet spread.

Yoona crouched down to pick up the script that the owner had long forgotten and placed it beside the paper bag. "Don't mention it. The team will treat you better from now on for sure, if they haven't done so." She joked.

"Don't worry, Yoona-ssi, we are treating Juhyun really well and will continue to do so," the director came up to them and patted Juhyun's shoulder.

"Ah, Director-nim." Yoona bowed and scratched the back of her neck in embarrassment. She should have paid more attention to her surroundings if she were to joke about the crew. "I apologize. I didn't mean to say that your team is not treating Juhyun well. I was just-"

"Joking. Yes, I know. Don't worry," he paused, "it's about time you stop rejecting the scripts that were sent to you, Yoona-ssi. I think you really have the potential for acting. You should give it a try."

Juhyun's ears perked up at the mention of scripts. Yoona has been receiving scripts? But till now she has yet to act in any dramas, not even guest starring.

"I will consider, Director-nim. Thank you for believing in me." Yoona covered and laughed shyly.

"Good enough. Let's take 10 and we’ll get back to filming." He addressed Juhyun then walked towards the centre of the set to announce the break.

 

---

 

'Tae, come down to Sunny's restarant tonight? Let's have a talk.' The message from Joonhyuk was still displayed on her phone screen. She received that text the moment she sat down at her work desk and it had been four hours.

She was not in the mood to talk to him. What he did this morning was out of line, even if he had good intentions in mind. He could have said what he wanted when they were alone, not infront of Tiffany. Not like the brunette caught on anything, but there was always a possibility.

'Come on, you've read that previous message 4 hours ago. About time to reply.'

Her phone vibrated and she smiled in spite of herself. Was Joonhyuk checking his phone often to see if she had replied?

'And you're online now. I saw you. This says it's read. Come on! You can't be angry with me still. I apologize for being an this morning, okay? Reply me? Pretty please?'

Another text came in together with a screen shot that showed Taeyeon had read all messages sent by Joonhyuk.

"I can't tonight. Have a dinner appointment. And me replying doesn't mean you're forgiven." She figured there was no need for him to know who she was going to have dinner with.

'Yah! What must I do to get your forgiveness then? Help you break them up so you could be with Tiffany?'

"I swear I will kill you the next time I see you. I dont want to talk about this."

'You have to eventually. We're just worried. Anyway are we still on for movie tonight? We could meet after dinner. So far it's only me and Sunny.'

"I'll let you know again."

She dropped a text to the model at work and waited for her reply. Honestly it was the kind of movie Taeyeon liked to watch. So she was secretly hoping that Tiffany would agree to it. If not she'd just have to send her home before meeting her friends.

 

---

 

"Juhyun, will you be interested in watching a movie tonight with my friends?" Yoona checked her phone and turned to the actress who was waiting for her second last scene of the day.

She had been there watching Juhyun act and was really amazed with how things worked. She might really consider joining this track if she found a script or character that she liked. Who knows maybe the both of them could act in the same drama some day?

"With your friends? Will they be comfortable with it though?" Juhyun looked up from her script and frowned. She would love to meet more people but was afraid that with her status now they would be compromising their privacy.

"If you're worrying about paparazzi or what not, don't. They're used to it."

She used to feel bad for her friends whenever they're out with her since people would always do a double take or to notice them more. But her friends reassured her that they were fine with it and even joked that maybe some producer might come up to them and get them to guest star in dramas or to shoot commercials.

"Juhyun-ssi, your scene is up next." The assistant came and informed the actress.

"I got it, thanks." She dismissed the assistant and stood up. "Okay then, if they're okay with it then I guess I'll be fine too."

"Great! I'll let them know." Yoona grinned and watched Juhyun walk towards her co-stars.

 

---

 

Taeyeon stared at the time displayed on her computer. In one minute she would be able to leave. She felt bad that Tiffany had to wait for her at the lobby so she finished whatever she had to 10 minutes before knock off time.

Tiffany's photoshoot ended earlier than expected so she came to her office building to wait for her. She wanted to meet Taeyeon straight at the place they're going but realized they did not discuss where they were heading.

She had been staring at the clock for 9 minutes 54 seconds now.

6... 5... 4... 3... 2... She counted down in her head. When the clock struck 6pm, she jumped up from her seat and shut down her computer. Her colleagues were staring at her weirdly since she hardly left work on time.

"Yah, Taeyeon where are you-"

"Sorry, I'm running late! See you tomorrow!" She interjected her colleague and ran out of the office.

She jabbed the lift button continuously in impatience. Everything seemed to operate really slowly when you're in a rush. Or perhaps she was just anxious to see the beautiful brunette that was sitting at her building's lobby right now. Which might attract a lot of attention since Tiffany was slowly gaining recognition through her magazine photoshoots. The more she thought about it, the harder she jabbed the down button.

 

---

 

Tiffany looked up when she heard heels clicking on the floor in a rushed pace to see Taeyeon half running towards her with one hand holding onto the strap of her bag. She stood up just as Taeyeon stopped infront of her.

"Sorry to keep you waiting," Taeyeon apologized while trying to regulate her breathing. The lift stopped at almost every level and she took the stairs instead, thinking that it would be faster.

"It's okay. Did you run down the stairs or something? You're sweating." Tiffany took out a piece of tissue paper and dabbed the blonde's forehead.

Taeyeon's breath hitched at the action. The alarm bells rang in her head but she was too occupied with Tiffany's face. Her features were so good looking. The long eyelashes that curled at the end, the beautiful nose, the rosy cheeks, small pouty lips... she scanned Tiffany's face as the latter wiped the sweat off her forehead but snapped out of it once the brunette's hand left her face.

"Th-thanks." Taeyeon said shyly while trying to hide the blush on her cheeks. "Shall we go? I made reservation at this place I think you'd like."

"Let's go!" Tiffany hooked her arm with Taeyeon's and they went out of the building towards the blonde's car.

 

---

 

"Steak?" Tiffany muttered under her breath as they stopped outside a steakhouse.

"Well, I thought you preferred steak and since I know this nice place... I hope you don't mind me making the decision on my own. We could go to other-" Taeyeon stopped talking when she felt a light tug on her arm. Both their arms were still hooked together.

"Hey, it's fine. Steak is good. How'd you know it's my favourite?" She was surprised that Taeyeon knew her preference so well. She didn't remember telling her this piece of info.

Well, I know a lot about you. You just don't seem to know that. Taeyeon spent a great amount of time –after completing her important tasks on hand– at work to research on the place that served the best steak in town. She came across this place not far from her workplace thus decided to bring Tiffany here.

"It was a wild guess. You seemed to be ordering it every time we're out for dinner." Which was partly true since that was what Taeyeon had observed from the dinners they had together.

"Aww. That's so sweet of you. Thank you for paying attention to my likes and dislikes." Tiffany flashed Taeyeon a smile and pulled their interlocked arms to get her going.

"Good evening, welcome to Wolfgang's Steakhouse," the maître d’hôtel greeted them both with a slight bow.

"Good evening. I made a reservation for 2 under the name of Kim Taeyeon."

He checked his list of reservations and found the name. "Yes, Miss Kim, table for 2 at 6:30. This way please." He took two menus with him before guiding them to their table.

The restaurant was spacious and dimly lit at a comfortable level, with soothing music played in the background softly. Tables were placed in such a way that guests were able to converse comfortably without disturbance from another table, or fear their conversations being heard.

The atmosphere was awesome for a date. Only that they were not on a date- although Taeyeon wished they were. She looked at Tiffany who was sitting across of her and the latter had an awestruck expression while looking around the interior of the restaurant. She smiled at how successful this 'date' would be judging by the look on Tiffany’s face. This dinner was going to be awesome, she made sure of that. It was time to spend quality time with Tiffany and Tiffany only. Better make use of this time before her boyfriend comes back.

 

---

 

A month ago I started this story and posted the first chapter. I thought I won't have much readers or subscribers, so I am really thankful for each and every one of you. And now at chapter 13, whether you like this story or not, whether you've commented or not, whether you're a subscriber or not, you are the reason I want to continue updating and to make this as interesting as possible. Thank you! -takes a deep bow-

 

Quite a lengthy chapter. Hope you guys liked the Yoonhyun and Taeny interactions here! Spent quite a while editing this chapter (almost the whole day) but at least I got to finish it before bedtime!

I think at the rate I am going, the story will have more than 20 chapters for sure. Haha! Hope that by then you guys won't be bored of this.

Well, this marks the end of my weekend. Happy studying if you're still studying and happy working if you're a working adult. Have a good week ahead! The closer we are to June means the closer we are to Soshi's comeback. :p

-E