Chapter 25

Let Me Love You

"You found her?!" Sooyoung stopped in her tracks and muttered a prayer of thanks under her breath.

"Oh, okay. Keep us posted. Thanks, bye."

"Is she okay?" Siwon asked the moment Sooyoung got off the phone.

"Yes, thank goodness. Taeyeon found her and she will bring Tiffany home."

He flinched at that name. Of course it's Taeyeon, but he felt relieved nevertheless. He was worried sick that something might happen to his fiancée. His shoulder slumped as tears of relief flooded his eyes.

Sihoon came over and patted his shoulder comfortingly. "C'mon, let's head back. Tiffany will be alright with Taeyeon. She'll take care of her."

In the car, Sihoon was driving with Siwon riding shortgun and Sooyoung at the back. She mass text her friends to inform them Taeyeon had found Tiffany. Her phone was flooded with replies of relief. All of them stayed up to wait for her update and she was touched.

"Thanks for helping me out. I would still be clueless and running around in circles if not for all of you."

"Don't mention it," Sihoon paused. "Have you thought of how you want to approach this?"

"I honestly don't know. I don't really care but my parents... they gave me two options. Use an egg donor or..."

Sihoon knew what he meant and shook his head. "That extreme?"

"Yeah,” replied Siwon.

He was stressed out. He did not wish to defy his parents or disappoint them, but he wouldn't want to let go of Tiffany just because their future kids would not have her DNA or look anything like her.

Sooyoung was at the back and she wasn't sure if she should rejoice or frown. Did it mean either give them a baby or go separate ways? If it's the latter, she was sure her good pal Taeyeon would be happy to learn of this. Forgive her for putting her friend first but between the two options, she was sure Tiffany would choose the latter.

It's already devastating for Tiffany to learn of her infertility, and they're going to mock her further by asking her to conceive using another woman's egg? It would make Tiffany seem like a surrogate mom, though she would be the one to raise the kid. That was insensitive of them. She wasn't sure how desperate Tiffany was when it came to babies. If she's desperate enough she might just do it without hesitation.

"Are you going to fight for her?" Sooyoung asked softly. It was the only answer she needed, and the rest could be left aside.

"I-I I don't know. If she's agreeable to use another's egg it will be easier, of course. I'm an only child and my parents have high expectations. They wanted grandkids for as long as I can remember," said Siwon as he rubbed his forehead with his fingers and frowned. He would love a kid of his own but not at the expense of Tiffany. And that might set his parents off. He never thought he'd have to choose between any of the two.

Sooyoung rolled her eyes at his answer. Seemed like he loved Tiffany so much but when it came down to his fiancée or parents, he'd choose the latter without a doubt and wouldn't even try negotiating. He could do better than that.

 

---

 

Tiffany fell asleep on Taeyeon. Her head was buried in Taeyeon's neck and her breaths were making the latter itch. Taeyeon had an arm around the brunette and her other hand holding onto Tiffany's hand.

She wanted to send Tiffany home but the model refused and wanted to stay here longer. So she informed Sooyoung lest they were still looking for the missing girl.

The park was eerily quiet save for the sounds insects were making, the occasional rustling sound from the leaves and bushes, and of course Tiffany's light and rythmnmatic breathing that was close to her ear.

Taeyeon felt sleepy but she had to stay awake in case any suspicious looking person loitered around them. Afterall, it wasn't safe for two females to be out at this hour. She looked at the person sleeping in her arms and the ghost of a smile lingered on her face.

It felt good to have Tiffany in her arms again, even though it was only for a short while. Her stomach did somersaults, her heart raced and she felt giddy. Two months without seeing her, the model was still able to elicit this kind of reaction from her. She felt like a lovestruck fool.

Why wasn't she able to move on? She thought she did, but how her body reacted told her otherwise. She thought the attraction for Suzy was enough for her to get over Tiffany. It now seemed like she was using the girl to prevent herself from thinking of the model.

Should she continue leading Suzy on, or should she stop? Was she ever able to get over Tiffany? Somehow she was glad nothing was official between Suzy and her. She wanted to make them official only after she got over Tiffany but it seemed like it wouldn’t be anytime soon.

She let out a sigh and stared up at the sky. She shouldn't have dragged Suzy into this mess in the first place. Had she overestimated her ability to get over Tiffany, or underestimated the love she had for the model?

 

---

 

A sulking Juhyun pulled the smiley Yoona into the studio's makeup room after the director dismissed them. She sulked further when she thought of what had happened earlier.

"Ow! Yah! Why did you hit me?"

Yoona pouted and rubbed her arm. She was right that Juhyun was a physical person. Sooner or later she would suffer from internal injuries. Whatever happened to the elegant lady she saw on television? She almost laughed when she thought of how her arm would be tortured again if she were to speak her thoughts.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?!" She slapped Yoona’s arm one last time before folding her arms and plopped down on the couch.

Juhyun reached the studio and smiled widely when she saw Yoona with the director and other casts. They were talking and laughing so she thought the model was here to visit her on set, and couldn't help but feel all warm and fuzzy inside. She couldn't get used to how the model would drop by without warning as her appearance would always surprise her.

She got the shock of her life when she heard from the director that Yoona would make a special appearance for a few episodes of the drama. No one told her about it as Yoona wanted to keep it a secret until her filming day, which was today. Everything was kept under wraps since her script only stated that she would be having interactions with 'Guest 1'. She thought the actress guest starring was not finalized.

"Uh, surprise?"

"When did you go for audition? My goodness, I can't believe you!"

"Aren't you happy to see me?" Yoona frowned and bit her lip, pretending to be hurt. It's about time to use what she had learned from her acting classes.

"I- it's just- of course I am! Yah, don't frown. I didn't mean it that way. I'm happy to see you, really!"

She almost burst out laughing when she saw the flustered Juhyun sitting up straight and unfolded her arms. She spent a significant amount of time and effort to master her facial expressions and to convey her feelings through subtle gestures. Seemed like all the hard work really paid off.

"With you as the main female lead, the ratings would definitely be high. Whether or not I succeed doesn't matter. So I'm willing to try and see how the feedback is."

"You're gonna do great. Don't worry, I'll guide you along." Juhyun patted her shoulder as an encouragement. She knew Yoona had the potential and she just needed a little push to realize it.

"Thanks senior. You teach me how to act and I'll teach you how to catwalk or pose for photoshoots." Yoona grinned and made a peace sign with her fingers.

"Dork."

 

---

 

"What's wrong?" Suzy placed her utensils down and asked. Taeyeon had started playing with her food halfway through the meal. It was like she's here but her mind was somewhere else; somewhere far away.

"Hm?"

"You've been staring into space and poking your food with the fork. What's wrong?"

"Oh," Taeyeon placed her fork down and smiled apologetically. "It's nothing."

Just then Taeyeon's phone rang and she grabbed her phone immediately. Suzy furrowed her brows and looked at the person opposite her. Now that she realized, Taeyeon placed her phone on the table, which was something she never did before. Her phone was always in her bag, if not in her pocket. Was she waiting for this call? Was that why she's so out of it?

"Hello?" She answered the call and waited for the person on the other line to finish talking.

"Okay, I'll be right there." Taeyeon pressed on the red tab on her phone screen and placed her phone in her bag.

Suzy looked at Taeyeon, puzzled. There was a tinge of gentleness in her tone. She knew what that last sentence meant but it was the first time Taeyeon ditched her in the middle of a date. And the look on her face told her everything she needed to know.

"Hey," Taeyeon stopped, unsure how she should explain why she needed to leave in the middle of a meal. She felt really apologetic. Apart from zoning out during the meal, she had to leave in the middle of nowhere without any explanation.

"It's okay, run along. I'll get the tab," Suzy gave a light wave and then pointed a finger at Taeyeon. "But you owe me one, understand?"

Taeyeon grinned and nodded her head. "Deal."

Suzy watched as Taeyeon rushed out of the restaurant. It seemed like the person who called her was an important person. A very important person.

 

---

 

"How's she doing?" Taeyeon asked the moment Sooyoung opened her door.

Her friend called and said Tiffany had not touched any food since morning. The model didn't even drink. She was just staring at the television or sleeping in the guest room.

"Like a walking corpse. She just does whatever we tell her to. Well, except for eating her meals," said Sooyoung as she closed the door and gestured Taeyeon to follow her.

Taeyeon sent Tiffany to Sooyoung's place in the morning when she said she didn't want to go home. She could've brought her home but thought it's better to leave Tiffany with her friend since Siwon wouldn't be relieved to know his fiancée was alone in her house.

Taeyeon saw Tiffany sitting on the couch staring at the flickering television screen. She was exactly like how she found her last night. She walked towards the brunette and sat beside her gently. Tiffany glanced at her for a moment and went back to starting at the television. The lack of response worried Taeyeon. It must have been a huge blow to Tiffany.

"Sooyoung-ah, can you give us a minute?" She turned to her friend and pleaded with her eyes.

Her friend got her hint and brought her index finger and thumb together to form an 'okay' sign. "I'll be in my room if you need me."

"Fighting!" Sooyoung mouthed to her friend before disappearing into her room.

"Fany-ah, it's just us now. How are you feeling?"

Tiffany remained in her previous position and kept silent. This was even worse than when Taeyeon confessed to her. She was at a loss of what she should do. It's wrong of her if she were to encourage Tiffany to break it off with Siwon. But she knew that's not the problem. The problem was Tiffany blamed herself. It's such a natural thing for women to get pregnant but unfortunately that's not the case for her.

Taeyeon scooted closer to her and placed an arm over her shoulder. They continued sitting in silence until Taeyeon's stomach growled loudly.

"Aish," she muttered under her breath and placed her free hand over her stomach. She shouldn't have played with her food just now. She smiled when she caught the corner of Tiffany's lips twitching.

"I'm hungry. Are you? Shall we eat something?"

Tiffany turned to her and looked into her eyes. She looked so vulnerable, so lost and Taeyeon felt a pang in her heart.

"Thank you," she breathed.

Taeyeon pushed her head lightly to her neck when she saw tears forming in Tiffany's eyes. Soon she felt Tiffany's ragged breath and her warm tears flowing down her neck. She soothed her hair repeatedly as Tiffany sobbed silently. She knew Tiffany didn't want anyone to see her weak side. She had always portrayed herself as strong, independent and happy. That's how she wanted people to remember her, or to describe her. So she was glad that at least Tiffany could let loose when she's with her.

Taeyeon turned her head to place a soft kiss on Tiffany's cheek. She knew she probably shouldn't but actions speak louder than words. She wanted her to feel she would always be there for her, no matter what the circumstance.

 

---

 

First of all, I apologize for the lack of update for the past week (8, 9 days?). Life has been pretty hectic and I had difficulty finding time to do this.

Second, not sure about you but I feel the quality of my chapters are deteriorating. XD

Third, it was Seohyun's birthday yesterday. Happy Birthday Maknae!

Fourth, Girls' Generation comeback teasers will be out this week. Are you excited?

I'll try my best to update again within this week. Thank you for your patience! And thanks for the subs, comments and upvotes. ^^

It's way past bedtime and I'll probably regret sleeping late but well. Good night!

-E