Chapter 2

Let Me Love You

To say that she's nervous was an understatement. Tiffany was beyond that. Before she came to Korea, she contacted the model agency recommended by her colleague in America, and she was told to head down to the office for an interview with her portfolio whenever she's ready.

What if things went wrong? What if she didn't pass the interview? What kind of job would she look for then? But she wanted to do this. She had never felt so confident apart from doing events or photoshoots.

"Hey babe, relax. You're shaking." Siwon tightened the hold on her hand while waiting for the elevator.

"I can't. This will be my first time using Korean for a job interview. What if I don't understand what they're asking or talking about? Or what if I offended them without knowing?" Tiffany was this close to hyperventilating. She heard Siwon chuckle and turned to glare at him. "Why are you laughing? You're not helping!"

"You'll do fine, believe me. Although you didn't learn Korean in school but you've been conversing in the language, like we always do." He lightly squeezed their interlocked hands and pulled her into the elevator.

Tiffany huffed and said nothing. She knew that Siwon had a point. She didn't learn Korean but she understood the language well thanks to her family. They taught her things that she needed to know since she's born a Korean, and she was taught not to forget her root.

I can do this. It's just an interview. They'll be more interested in my portfolio anyway. She tried to calm her nerves.

The ride to the agency was filled with Siwon's lame jokes to take her mind off the interview. Tiffany's heart swelled with love as she thought of the times he tried his best to encourage her. What did she do to deserve such a suave young man who's so in love with her as she was with him?

She made a mental note to not take him for granted, and to be there for him whenever he needed her. To be a better girlfriend, understand his needs more and to help him, not hinder his wish to climb up the organizational ladder.

Of course, their relationship wasn’t smooth sailing all the time. There were times where a thunderstorm or snowstorm swept through that left both of them hurt. They fought a lot back in the States when Siwon was too busy with work and Tiffany would whine a lot. She felt neglected and it did not seem like they were dating.

One day as they were arguing about the same thing, he snapped and told her to be more considerate. To behave more like an adult and to stop being so clingy when he's trying hard to succeed at work. He quoted from his dad that 'career comes first for men his age, in order to have a good life in future'. And he said he was doing exactly just that, for their future.

Tiffany was hurt. It wasn’t her intention to come off as clingy but she missed him so much. They hadn't met for close to three months and it didn't seem to affect Siwon as much as it did to her. Needless to say, that was their worst fight to date and it led to a three-week cold war.

Siwon eventually apologized with flowers and dinner reservation at her favourite restaurant. The fight benefited them for they came out stronger; always making time to meet up even just for a quick dinner despite their busy schedules, and communicating their thoughts as well.

Now they fought lesser, and Tiffany's proud to say that they're very in love. Five years and still going strong, she thought and smiled to herself. She's really one lucky girl.

 

---

 

 "Hello?" Taeyeon answered the call and placed the phone between her right ear and shoulder, while still working on her report.

"Hey Tae, is this a good time to talk?"

"Sooyoung. Wait, give me a minute." She finished the sentence she was typing, saved her work and straightened up, holding her phone in her hand. "Alright. What’s up?"

"Oppa's birthday is coming up and I’m planning to throw him a party."

"Sihoon oppa’s birthday? You're planning a party?" Her thoughts went back to last year when Sooyoung threw him a surprise birthday party and it turned awkward and disastrous.

Sihoon went home with Sooyoung thinking they were alone and started making out right there and then, in front of friends who were hiding in the dark. The more Sooyoung tried to pry his hands off her bum, the harder he kissed her.

It never occurred to him that his beloved girlfriend would plan a surprise party for him. He just wanted to make love to his woman, and she was turning him on by rejecting his advances. Taeyeon grimaced at that thought, feeling the hair at the back of her neck standing up.

"Yah! Yah! Get that thought out of your head!" Sooyoung screamed into the phone, knowing very well what her friend was thinking about.

Taeyeon laughed and shook her head lightly. "Sorry. It was too disturbing."

"Don’t worry, this time round there’s no surprise. Just the party."

"Glad to know. When's the party?" She shifted her phone to the other ear and stretched on her seat.

"In 3 weeks' time. Will you be bringing Inha oppa? I need to confirm the attendance to order food."

"Ah, that," she took a deep breath and sighed, her thoughts went back to a few days ago when they officially broke it off. It still hurt, nevertheless. "No, it'll just be me."

"Hm? Is he busy or something? And what's with the sigh?"

"We... kinda... broke it off," said Taeyeon softly, “I'll tell you guys about it soon, just... not now." She continued quickly, fully aware that her friend would definitely ask her about the breakup. The wound was still fresh and she didn’t want to talk about it. Not yet, at least.

"Oh. Sorry to hear that, Tae." Sooyoung paused. "Ah, please remember dinner with the usual next week?"

"Of course. Yuri's probably gonna kill me for not attending her 'welcome home' dinner." Her eyes landed on the picture of them on her desk, secretly thankful that her friend did not probe any further and even changed the topic. I must have sounded devastated.

They - Taeyeon, Sunny, Sooyoung, Yuri and Joonhyuk - had been friends since high school and although they hardly had time to meet up, especially since two years ago when Yuri decided to take up the job offer in Australia, they managed to stick together.

Yoona was a nice addition to their small group since college. They had grown to love this junior of theirs and they're always grateful for this bond they had.

"Yeah, and imagine Yoong's aegyo. That kid has been whining for a meet up ever since Yuri broke the news of her moving back. And don't forget the queen of aegyo Lee Sunny-"

"Sooyoung-ah, sorry. But I have to get back to work," she interjected when she caught her colleague gesturing towards the meeting room. It was time for their weekly departmental meeting. "I'll call you again later, okay?"

"Ah, sure. Sorry to keep you on the line for so long. Bye."

"Bye." She ended the call and placed the phone on her desk. Her eyes went back to the photo of her best friends. She looked at each of their smiling faces and smiled along. My best friends.

 

---

 

"Hey babe, how was the interview?" Siwon asked the moment Tiffany stepped into the apartment. He sat infront of the television waiting for his girlfriend to be back. He wanted her to relax and have fun a little while more but she couldn't stand moping around doing nothing.

"It was good. I think I should be able to start soon." She sat and cuddled next to him. She liked cuddling on the couch with his arms around her and her head on his chest. She felt safe in his embrace. And well, his muscles did make it a tad better.

"That's good. I’m so proud of you." He kissed the top of her head and tightened his hold.

"I'm proud of you too, General Manager Choi," Tiffany cooed and tilted her head up to kiss him on the cheek. Siwon had this proud expression while grinning from ear to ear, showing his dimple. "Cute." She poked his dimple and smiled, her eyes becoming crescents.

"I'm too manly to be cute," Siwon growled and pushed her lightly onto the couch with him hovering over her. "I'll show you how man I am."

Tiffany giggled as Siwon showered light pecks on her face starting from her forehead, to the tip of her nose, cheeks, jaw and lastly, lips. He started nibbling on her upper lip but pulled away once she reciprocated.

She opened her eyes and whined. Locking her arms at the back of his neck, she pulled him closer and smashed their lips together. Siwon grinned into the kiss and gently on her lips.

The kiss gradually got heated and Tiffany shivered when she felt Siwon's hand pressing on her waist, with his thumb caressing her abdomen. The other hand was under her neck holding her in place. She ran her hands through his hair and grabbed a small lock of it, pulling her boyfriend's head further down to deepen the kiss.

They gasped for air once they pulled apart from each other. With ragged breath and her chest heaving up and down, Tiffany looked up and found her boyfriend looking at her with the same loving gaze that sent shivers down her spine- in a good way.

She would never get tired of seeing this look of his. Especially after an intense make out session that left his hair ruffled, lips red and swollen, expression soft and loving.

"I love you," he whispered, dipping his head to leave a soft kiss on her forehead, "so, so much."

Her eyes disappeared with her smile as she held him closer, nuzzling her nose against his neck and took a deep breath. "I love you too."

And she felt complete.

 

---

 

Thanks for subscribing!

If there are any questions you'd like to ask, feel free to do so.

The first few chapters will more or less give you some insights into their lives and how they feel. Bear with me for now and Taeny would meet in the next few chapters.

I hope the chapters are not too lengthy. (: