Chapter 21

Let Me Love You

"Taeyeon? Why are you still here?"

"I could ask you the same thing. Why are you still here?" She turned to smile at Suzy who seemed nervous. She wasn't sure if it was because she's still new, or Taeyeon's more senior position intimidated her. She was always fidgety around her.

"I was looking through some files to get the hang of things. You should head home. I noticed you've been working overtime for the past week."

"You know that I'm working overtime meant you are, too. Not heading back yet?"

She was usually the last one to leave the office as she didn't want to stay home. The silence would only add on to her misery. And unfortunately for her, none of her friends were available to head out. She knew of one person who would be free, but that's out of the question.

"I was just about to leave and saw your desk lamp still switched on. Is there anything I could help you with?"

"Thanks, but so far there's nothing I can't do alone. Well, if you need any help or clarifications feel free to look for me alright?"

"Thanks. I think-"

Just then Suzy's stomach growled loudly and she blushed deep red. She wanted to dig a hole and bury herself. That was so embarrassing and uncalled for! But her colleague's reaction surprised her, especially the unique laughter that came out of the soft-spoken girl.

Taeyeon chortled at that thunder-like cry from Suzy and wiped the tears formed in her eyes due to laughing to hard. She cleared and forced herself to stop laughing when she saw Suzy standing there with her head lowered and a hand over her abdomen. It wasn't her intention to laugh that ridiculously, or to mock the embarrassed girl.

She wasn't sure why she couldn't hold in her laughter. Her humour level was different from others- she liked jokes about , things humans pass out and things which people wouldn’t find funny at all. Yes, Taeyeon admit she's a weird person. So it was actually a relief that she had friends who could stand her behaviour.

"I'm sorry. It's just-" she took a deep breath and exhaled, "whew, that was the best laugh I've had for the past two weeks." She grinned and tapped her table with two of her fingers to get Suzy's attention, to which the latter looked up in embarrassment.

"Do you have any dinner appointment?"

"N-no. I was planning to get take away." Suzy looked up to see a smiley Taeyeon and stuttered at her words.

"Care to join me for dinner? My treat."

"Really?" She squeaked and covered with a hand almost immediately. Damn Suzy, way to go. It wasn't supposed to come out this high-pitched.

Taeyeon nodded her head and flashed a huge grin. "Of course. Did you drive to work?"

"No, I take public transport."

"Alright. Let's take my car then. I'll send you home after dinner."

 

---

 

"You won't be home for dinner today too?" Tiffany sent a text to Siwon.

He had been arriving home later than usual, skipping dinners with her. Usually she wouldn't be affected as much, but recently it was getting on her nerves. It seemed like he was dating the boss's daughter instead, judging by the amount of time they spent together.

She was fortunate her boyfriend was one who wouldn't keep anything from her. So she knew whom he was working closely with. Nevertheless, she felt neglected. She had so much free time and no one to spend it with. Her favourite movie was out and she couldn't find a suitable timing that would suit Siwon's schedule.

It was one of the ongoing problems they had. She made a fuss about it, he didn't listen, they fought and the outcome was always the same. They'd have cold war for a few days, he would apologize, and eventually the same thing would repeat again in a month or two.

Cherish the moment, she always told Siwon. But it seemed like he mistook her words because he cherished his work more than her. That was what she felt anyway. At times she wondered how difficult could it be to choose her over work. She wasn't sure why he was such a workaholic. Whatever happened to work life balance?

"Sorry babe. I'm having dinner with the client. Let's grab a nice meal tomorrow, alright? I gotta go. Don’t wait up for me."

She sighed and threw her phone to the other end of the couch. At heart she knew there wouldn't be any 'tomorrow' until he's done with this project. Where had the independent Tiffany gone to? She disliked being this needy and clingy.

If it were Taeyeon... She knew it was bad, but recently she had started to compare them both. She knew she shouldn't but couldn't help it. Had her expectations risen because Taeyeon treated her too well? Was she spoilt?

If it were Taeyeon, no matter how busy she was, she'd still squeeze time out to meet her, even if it was just for half an hour. She knew the responsibilities of them both were different, but Taeyeon chose her over work while her boyfriend was the opposite. She was always secondary to work.

Was it because Taeyeon's a female too, that's why she knew how she felt? That at times she needed her lover to be there with her, even if they were just cuddling and doing nothing else. She needed to feel his presence, not just through text messages or calls.

Perhaps men thought it was alright to not spend time with their girlfriend/wife now since they still have a long journey ahead of them. They could do that when they retire or when their career had stabilized. However, some moments might be forgotten or lost if you're not physically there to witness; all the emotions, the eagerness to share, everything.

 

---

 

"Thanks for dinner," Suzy said as they stepped out of the restaurant they were dining at a while ago.

She was surprised that Taeyeon had asked her out for dinner and it was just the two of them. She thought Taeyeon was someone who didn't like mingling around with people, as she always lunched alone. And the other colleagues would just let her be and wouldn’t invite her to lunch out with them. Amazingly, dinner was filled with laughter and she gradually felt comfortable joking around with Taeyeon.

"It's my pleasure," Taeyeon answered smiled, "I had fun. We should probably do this more often."

This dinner was like a get-to-know in disguise. Although she didn't have that in mind at first, she genuinely wanted to just buy her dinner since she wasn't sure what to talk to her about. But as she got to know the girl better, she felt like Suzy could be the one to bring her out of the misery. Not to use her or to settle with anyone that came by; she genuinely felt a slight attraction towards Suzy.

How could she not when Suzy looked so adorable with that blush on her cheeks? And not to mention how she would laugh at Taeyeon's lame jokes. They clicked well, and the rest was just a bonus. Even if they couldn't advance to something more, it wasn't a bad idea to have a friend like her.

"Y-yeah. I had fun too," she cleared and answered, looking up to meet Taeyeon's gaze. It was soft and kind.

"It's a date then!" Taeyeon chirped and felt her smile widen as Suzy blushed again. That's so adorable, and that slight sparkle in Suzy's eyes didn’t go unnoticed by Taeyeon. She, too, was looking forward to another meal with the shy girl.

"C'mon, let's get you home. Don't want you to stay out past your curfew."

"Yah! I'm already 27 and I live alone! What curfew are you talking about?"

"12 midnight, Cinderella's curfew." She deadpanned. Suzy started to turn red on her ears in addition to her cheeks. This girl amused Taeyeon to no end. But she should probably tone down on the teasing lest Suzy found it offensive or annoying.

She started laughing when Suzy hid her face with her hair, looking down to the floor as she sped up towards where she had parked the car. Taeyeon caught up with her and silently eyed Suzy out of the corner of her eyes, with her smile still plastered on her face.

Maybe, just maybe, she could move on.

 

---

 

"Juhyun-ah, do you think Tiffany unnie will talk to Taeyeon unnie again?" The model asked as she changed flipped through the available channels on television.

"I don't know. I hope so though. The both of them look so sad. I'm kinda worried for their wellbeing too," Juhyun answered as she Dubu's fur.

They were both at Juhyun's place to hangout since wherever they went they had people talking behind their backs and snapped photos of them without consent. She noticed how the actress would feel uncomfortable so if they could, they would hangout indoors.

"Let's not fight like they do. It's so miserable." Yoona voiced out her thoughts as she stopped at the channel showing the re-run of a popular drama. She would usually watch it if she had the time, or if she remembered.

Juhyun kept silent as she thought of what Yoona had said. Fight like they do? But they... She wasn't sure if Tiffany felt the same but Taeyeon was interested in the model. She blushed as she thought of the possibility of Yoona secretly having a crush on her.

"Dubu-ya, come here," Yoona clapped her hands to get the dog's attention. The dog stood up from Juhyun's lap and wagged its tail, its tongue sticking out.

Juhyun let go of her dog and watched as it ran into Yoona's arms. She thought that they looked like a couple and Dubu was their kid, like a family of three. Seo Juhyun, you are hallucinating. This is bad.

"Dubu-ya, let's hope your mummy and I won't ever fight okay? If we were to fight I won't be able to come see you anymore," Yoona pouted and talked to Dubu in a child-like voice. She held his body up and swung him left and right.

Juhyun smiled at the interaction. "Yah, does that mean you'll only miss Dubu if we fight?"

"Yes. Are you jealous of your own dog, Seo Juhyun-ssi?"

"Of course not! You can still visit Dubu if we were to fight."

"Like as if you won't slam the door in my face." Yoona put Dubu down on the floor and watched as it ran towards the toys. "I feel so bad for your fans and those who like you. You're so different on-screen and off-screen. They'll never really know the real person they're supporting," Yoona sighed and made tutting sound while shaking her head.

"Yah! You meanie!" Juhyun punched Yoon's arm repeatedly. "I am the same person! I don't fool my supporters," she pouted and folded her arms.

She knew Yoona was just joking around with her, but she really liked her fans and supporters. They were the ones who believed in her and were there with her no matter what. Thus she tried her best to repay their kindness by showing them better roles, and also to treat them like friends if she happened to see them when they came over to support her on set.

"I was right about one thing for sure. They don't know you're such a violent person. It's like a devil trapped in an angel's exterior." Yoona mumbled as she rubbed her arm. Juhyun looked weak but her punches were no joke. Probably because of the martial arts classes she was taking for her upcoming drama.

"Yah! I was just kidding! You didn't have to punch me so hard. My poor arm~" Yoona pretended to wipe the tears in her eyes as she fake cry.

"Serves you right. Don't ever make jokes on how I treat my fans. They're precious to me." Juhyun said with a serious face. She felt apologetic that she had hit the model little too hard, but she wanted Yoona to know the boundaries.

"Am I not precious to you too? It really hurts!" Yoona rolled up her t-shirt's sleeve to show the actress she wasn't kidding when she said it hurt. Her arm had a red patch, thanks to Juhyun's punches.

She felt her heart soften at the words and that red patch on Yoona's arm. Of course she was precious to her. If she wasn't, Juhyun wouldn't be spending time sitting here on the couch watching re-runs with her, but in her room studying her script for tomorrow's shoot.

"Sorry, I was too agitated just now." She said as she rubbed Yoona's arm, hoping it would make her feel better but she felt the model jerk when she applied force on it. Before her brain could process what she wanted to do, her body was already one step ahead. She leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on Yoona's arm.

Yoona froze when she saw Juhyun leaning in to place a kiss on her arm. It was a fast and light peck so before she could register what had happened Juhyun was back to rubbing her arm. What just happened?

Juhyun mentally berated herself for being such an idiot. She could only pretend it wasn't a big deal and hoped Yoona wouldn't ask her anything about the kiss. She was suddenly glad that she hit her arm instead of other body parts. Who knew what might happen if she were to pat Yoona's cheeks instead?

 

---

 

I sort of changed the plot of the story again. I want to hit my head on the wall. XD

It's like "okay, maybe this should come first..." then "no, I don't think this is good enough, this one should come first." and then "okay, no, it's not flowing well, let's change this." Yes, I talk to myself at times... in my head of course.

So now you know why my update takes 2-3 days, sometimes even more. Because of the abovementioned. XD

I apologize if you found errors in the chapter or if the sentences doesn't make any sense. My brain is not functioning well today and I couldn't piece a sentence together. Everything seemed weird to me no matter how many times I changed it.

And I heard all of you, those who wanted TaeNy moments. This would have to do for now:

XD

-E