Epilogue

Let Me Love You

"How do you feel about having a baby?" Hyoyeon asked as she popped a popcorn into .

She's watching a movie with her wife at the comforts of their humble apartment. Ironically, the movie that was on repeat was Knocked Up, a movie talking about a journalist impregnated after a one night stand.

Yuri almost choked on the soda she was drinking. She coughed a few times, hitting her chest with her hand.

"W-what? A baby?"

"Hm. Like in the movie." Hyoyeon nonchalantly pointed out. "It's kind of cool. I've always wanted to be a mum."

"Really?" That sentence got Yuri interested. "Why didn't you tell me this before?"

"Because I always get laughed at whenever I speak of it." She shrugged, popping another handful of popcorn into . "They don't think I'm a wife material, let alone mom."

Yuri put her arms around Hyoyeon and brought her closer, kissing the top of her head. "Hey, nobody knows you better than I do. You're the best wife material and I'm sure you'll be the coolest mom out there."

"You think so?" Hyoyeon's eyes sparkled as she looked up to Yuri. "Wait. Does that mean you want kids too?"

"I'm not sure about kids but I think we might be ready for a bundle of joy, don't you think? 4 years of married life should be more than enough to know we're both committed to this."

Hyoyeon looked eat Yuri and felt her heart swell with love. This woman who was mostly like a woodblock was ready to start another chapter of their lives. This woman who loved her despite her flaws didn't mind having a baby with her. This woman holding her like she was the most precious being in the world, gave her everything she could.

She leaned in for a kiss to convey her happiness. The last thing on her list was coming true. She finally fulfilled her dream to get married and have kids, with the most wonderful person in the world no less. In her opinion anyway.

She would always tease and bully Yuri ever chance she got, making the latter pout most of the time. But it was all out of love. She loves this silly woman into bits.

"Thank you. I knew I made the right decision when we first met."

 

---

 

"Juhyun-ah, where are you?" Yoona spoke into the Bluetooth device as she took a right turn at the junction.

"I'm still at the set. Are you coming to get me?"

"Yeah. I'll be there in 20 max." 

She stopped at the traffic light and looked at her phone, smiling at the contact picture displayed on her phone. It was a picture of Juhyun taking a nap on the couch.

"Alright. I'll see you later. Drive safely, 'kay?"

"Will do. I love you." She confessed all of a sudden.

Their relationship had been going on well so far. There were quarrels at times because of jealousy, be it Juhyun's kiss scenes or Yoona having to take intimate photoshoots with other male models. 

Over the years they've gotten used to it but would still hurt if they were to see articles about either of them rumoured to be with someone else. Especially now that Yoona had taken up some acting jobs. They were pictured together at times but the media and netizens would just pass it off as two friends dining out. How the public didn't seem to see through the small gestures was beyond the couple. 

"Yah~ what was that all about?"

She could visualize her girlfriend getting red all over her face and body. She laughed, finding it amusing that she would still react that way.

"Just felt like telling you."

"I'm hanging up. The director's calling me."

"Alright, bye."

Yoona's smile got wider as she heard Juhyun saying she loves her too, with a kiss before the call got cut.

Yoona had thought of following the footsteps of her unnies, to get married. But their circumstance was a little different, with both of them under the spotlight. As long as they know they have each other it was enough for them. Although the change of status would kick it up a notch, bringing them closer to each other. But it might have to wait a few more years. Perhaps once they got tired of the spotlight. They were still young anyway.

 

---

 

"Oppa, are you coming soon?"

"I'm on my way. Are you planning to start cooking now?"

"Yes. By the time you're here I should be done." Sunny said with her phone between her cheek and shoulder, still chopping the carrots.

"Okay. I'll see you soon. Do you need me to get anything?"

Sunny pondered for a while and did a mental check in her head. "No, I don't think so. Just come."

"Alright. I'll see you in 30."

"Bye, oppa."

She placed her phone on the counter before going back to chopping her vegetables. She can't believe that the bouquet she caught on her friend's wedding really helped her get attached one year later. Although she wasn't planning for it.

His name is Jo In Sung. He's a food critique who has his own blog and massive amount of followers. He chanced upon Sunny Day and was mesmerized by the decor, atmosphere and food served by the small cafe. Of course, when he knew the owner was this petite lady called Sunny, he immediately made a mental note to visit this place more often.

They started pretty typically. In Sung would occasionally ask Sunny out for a meal, claiming that he's found a place that sells delicious food. Sunny, being gullible, would always agree in hopes of finding new inspiration for her cafe.

The fourth time he asked her out, she knew exactly what he was trying to do. Because honestly, the food he introduced was so-so. But she had to give credit to where it's due. She still went out with him pretending she didn't know what he's up to. Not until he confessed one day that he just wanted to spend more time with her. She found him cute, just like a big kid. 

Three years into the relationship and they're planning to get married in a year or two since both of them are not young anymore. It might be a challenge to conceive if they were to prolong it any further. 

The saying that love will come knocking on your door when you least expect it wasn't wrong at all. The right person in the right place at the right time. If Jonghyun didn't call in sick, she wouldn't have served In Sung. If she were to get another server to take care of Jonghyun's area, she wouldn't even step out of her office. As cliché as it sounded, Sunny believed it was fate that brought them together.

 

---

 

"Oppa! Can you help take a look at Haeun? She's crying!" Sooyoung shouted from the kitchen.

"Okay, okay. I'm going." Sihoon got up from the couch and went into their daughter's room.

"What's wrong, my princess?" He scooped Haeun up from the bed and gently swayed.

"Appa..." Haeun sniffed, rubbing her face onto her father's shirt.

"Bad dream?"

"Yes. Bugs. Bugs chasing me."

Sihoon looked at his precious little girl and laughed. Haeun was too cute. 

"It's okay, Haeunnie. Appa will help you chase those bugs away, okay?"

"Appa is the best!" The little girl happily kissed Sihoon on the cheek and smiled, the dream all forgotten.

"Yah, what about me?" Sooyoung appeared in the room and walked towards them with a fake sob.

"Umma!" Haeun tried to wriggle out of Sihoon's hold and stretched her hand out for a hug.

Sooyoung took her daughter from Sihoon and chuckled when Haeun left a sloppy kiss on her cheek.

"Umma is the best too! I love umma! I love appa!" The girl said excitedly, stretching her arms out as far as she could. "This much!"

The couple laughed at how adorable their daughter was, glad that they chose to keep the baby when Sooyoung first found out she was pregnant. They both panicked when they found out they were going to be parents. They were somehow glad that they registered for marriage five months after Taeyeon and Tiffany's wedding.

Sihoon knew how much Sooyoung waited for him to propose so he took his time to plan. There were flowers, candles and lots of love. The moment he got down on one knee Sooyoung immediately said yes, even before he asked her to marry him. He laughed at her eagerness but went ahead to speak what was on his mind anyway.

They held their wedding ceremony three months into Sooyoung's pregnancy. The baby bump was visible but not too protruding. Everyone was happy and excited that they're going to have a baby to play with in 6 month's time. Sooyoung felt like she's the happiest woman on Earth. She had waited for this moment for so long.

She was more than ready to start on a new chapter of life with her husband and her babies. Now, she's five months pregnant with their second child and this time round it's a boy. They couldn't be happier. The size of the family was just right with a boy and a girl. Exactly what Sooyoung had in mind so she had no complaints. 

 

---

 

"Prince, you pooped on the floor again didn't you?" Taeyeon went over to the white Maltese sitting at the corner and picked him up. "You know Fany's gonna be so angry."

The dog looked at her with innocent eyes. She cracked up and shook her head. She's a er when it comes to beautiful eyes. Prince is exhibit two and exhibit one was of course her wife, Tiffany Hwang. 

They adopted the white Maltese a year ago. Taeyeon had always wanted a pet dog and after bugging Tiffany for years, the latter finally agreed to have just one dog. To Taeyeon, one was more than enough. They went down to the dog shelter nearby and Prince was in his own cage, looking at them with his big round eyes. What made Taeyeon decide to adopt him was his wink. It reminded her of Tiffany and she excitedly pulled her wife to the cage and pointed it out to her. The both of them gushed at how cute looking he was and immediately signed the papers for adoption. 

She brought him into the bathroom to clean him up before clearing his poop, wiping off the evidence that their dog had once again dirtied the floor. She had lost count on the number of times Tiffany flared up at the both of them. 

"I'm home!"

Prince ran towards the other owner and wagged his tail, sticking out his tongue.

"Prince." Tiffany squatted down and patted Prince's head. "Have you been a good boy?"

The dog barked once and wagged his tail even more.

"Good boy."

Taeyeon went towards Tiffany and pulled her up, giving her a kiss on the lips.

"Welcome home."

"I brought back some muffins." Tiffany said as she lifted her hand with the paper bag.

"Awesome! Dinner's ready."

"I'll be out in a bit."

Taeyeon hummed and placed the muffin on the counter top. Prince followed behind, as if knowing he will be able to have some treats.

"Prince-yah, I'm sorry. There's chocolate in it so I can't give it to you."

The dog, as if knowing what Taeyeon meant, sat down and gave her his best pitiful look, with his head tilted sideways. Looking at Prince's downcasted look, it pulled on Taeyeon's heartstrings and she wanted to just give a small piece of muffin to him. But it'd kill him.

"Yah, Kim Taeyeon! You're so whipped!" Tiffany appeared in the kitchen and laughed at her wife. She knew exactly what Taeyeon was thinking of when she stepped in to see Taeyeon looking at Prince then the muffin, and back to Prince with a look of dilemma. 

"You take a look at Prince. How could you say no to this face?" Taeyeon pointed to said dog and pouted.

"No, Prince. Chocolate will kill you. Go play with your toy." She pointed out to the living room and said with a straight face.

Prince stood up immediately and ran out to the living room. Taeyeon stood there, baffled at what happened. How did Tiffany do that? Why did Prince listen to Tiffany more than her?

"Don't give me that look. You know he listens to me more because you always give in to whatever he wanted." Tiffany pulled Taeyeon closer and kissed her lips. The pouting wife was too cute.

"How did it go at the cafe?"

Two years after their marriage, Tiffany quit modeling and officially became a partner at Sunny Day. Now they have another outlet closer to town and Tiffany was the one in charge of it.

"Good. But tiring." Tiffany rest her forehead on Taeyeon's shoulder. 

They were planning to add more items to their menu, with different dishes for each cafe. Tiffany, Sunny and their head chef were brainstorming for the past two weeks. They had to add in new items in order to stay competitive. Although thanks to In Sung, their popularity has skyrocketed. He'd always introduce the cafe to his friends and fellow critiques. 

She rubbed her back gently and gave it a few pats. "My poor wife. Are you feeling a little better though? You haven't been feeling well for the past week."

Tiffany nodded her head. "Yeah, I'm better now."

"Could it be..." Taeyeon trailed off. "Are you... are you having your period?"

"What?" Tiffany lifted her head to look at Taeyeon.

"What has this got to do with my period?"

"You feel tired and nauseated. And you feel sensitive here." Taeyeon jabbed Tiffany's left with her index finger, which earned a light slap on her arm.

"Ow. That hurt! I told you it's been feeling kind of sore." Tiffany glared at Taeyeon and stepped back.

"It might be my period coming soon. It's late probably because of the stress I'm feeling these days."

"But I went to check it up earlier today. What you're going through might be you're pregnant."

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany with hopeful eyes.

They went for IVF treatment slightly more than a month ago. It was their second try as the first wasn't successful. They both took a while to stop being disappointed at the outcome. They were really looking forward to having their own child.

It took them almost a year to come to the decision to start the treatment on Tiffany with Taeyeon's eggs and a donor. They personally went down to meet up with the donor to know more about him and to find the most decent guy possible. They went to classes about pregnancy and IVF. The plan was to deliver the baby in America, where they're both recognized as parent of the baby.

Tiffany's eyes grew wide as she realized what Taeyeon was implying. Could this be...

"Oh my god." Her hand flew to her abdomen and caressed softly. "You mean..."

Taeyeon nodded and covered Tiffany's hand with hers. "Plausible." She started grinning like a small kid, her eyes twinkling.

"W-wait. Let's not get our hopes high up. I'll book an appointment with the gynecologist."

"I'll go down to grab a few pregnancy test kits!" Taeyeon excitedly said and rushed to their room to grab a cardigan, threw it around her shoulder and ran out of the apartment before Tiffany could say anything.

She walked to the couch in a daze and sat there, her hand still on her abdomen. Was this really happening? Was there really a small being living in her now? Had they succeeded at the second try? Tears of happiness flooded her eyes the more she thought of it. I've waited for you for so long, my baby.

 

---

 

"Fany-ah. Are you done yet? Can I come in?" Taeyeon knocked on the bathroom door softly and listened to any sound coming from within the room. It was quiet and it sort of worried her.

"Fany?" She knocked again, her brows coming together to form a frown. "I'm coming in!"

She took a step forward, pushing the door open. She popped her head into the bathroom and gasped when she saw Tiffany sitting in the bathtub with her knees bent to her chest. "Fany-ah!" She ran towards her wife and pulled her into her embrace, cradling her head against her chest.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Taeyeon asked softly as she eyes the bathroom. She saw five of the pregnancy test kits lying in the bathtub and her heart ached. Was it a false alarm? Was this why Tiffany's like that?

"Taetae..." Tiffany looked up and Taeyeon could see tears in her eyes. She tightened the hold on her wife as tears clouded her own pair of eyes.

"It's okay, Fany-ah. It's okay." She kissed the top of her head and repeated that over and over again.

"I'm... I'm pregnant." Tiffany sobbed.

The hand that was running through Tiffany's hair stopped abruptly.

"W-what?" Taeyeon pushed Tiffany away lightly and brushed the tears away from her eyes, cupping her face with both hands. "You what?"

"I'm pregnant, Tae. They all showed 2 lines." Tiffany reached out for one nearest to her and showed it to Taeyeon.

She let go of her wife and snatched the kit away, staring at the two lines in red. More tears streamed down her face as she scrambled up to look at the other four test kits. Each and every one of them showing two red lines. She threw them all into the bathtub and hugged her wife tight.

The both of them cried tears of happiness, the whole bathroom echoing their wailing and sobs. After two years, they finally managed to get pregnant. After two agonizing years, they finally got what they wanted. They are one step closer to their little family.

"Thank you. Thank you so much." Taeyeon sniffed and wiped her face with her sleeve, kissing Tiffany's cheek over and over again. "I love you."

Tiffany burst out laughing at Taeyeon's cute antics and smiled, showing Taeyeon her best eyesmile ever. "I love you too."

They pressed their forehead together, basking in the excitement they felt as Taeyeon let a small sigh escape her lips. It all felt so surreal. Although they have yet to see a gynecologist to confirm the pregnancy, Taeyeon was certain it's 70 percent done deal. Five different test kits showed the same results, it couldn't be that they were all faulty? If that's the case, they have some really bad luck going on here.

Taeyeon leaned in to kiss Tiffany tenderly. "I couldn't ask for a better wife. You're going to be such great mother to our kid. I'm sure of it."

"Please don't spoil our baby too much?" Tiffany looked at Taeyeon with worried eyes. She knew how much she'd spoil their kid because that was what happened to Tiffany herself. She felt like a queen at home at times. And not to mention how whipped she was with Prince.

"I'll try. But no promises though. I want to give you, my own family, my all. "

Tiffany brushed Taeyeon's bangs to the side and smiled. "You've given us more than enough, Taetae."

"I feel like there's a lot more. I can do better at certain things, I can provide more-"

"You dork. It's all about give and take. Don't just give and expect nothing in return."

"Your smile and this little one here," Taeyeon placed her hand on Tiffany's abdomen, "is all that I need. And of course Prince's deadly wink."

Tiffany chuckled, burying her head into Taeyeon's neck as they stayed there in each other's embrace.

 

---

 

Tiffany still remembered the first time she saw Taeyeon. She was dragged to this birthday party by Siwon and got really tired meeting new people whom she's not going to meet ever again. She felt someone staring at her and tried to find the source discreetly. She found the person to be Taeyeon, with her blonde hair and big round eyes, looking like a kid caught in a wrong act. She almost burst out laughing when Taeyeon immediately looked away. 

Turns out Taeyeon was a friend of Sihoon. She locked eyes with Taeyeon after her self introduction and caught the latter smiling. This petite lady caught her attention somehow and she couldn't help but notice her gestures, and the way she talks. It's funny how the backview of this acquaintance tugged on her heartstrings. Taeyeon seemed to be talking happily with her friends but when it came down to just the two of them, she became quiet. It was cute seeing her stuttering, trying to explain how she wasn't a talker but a listener. From then on, Kim Taeyeon became part of Hwang Miyoung's life.

She could still remember how jittery she felt when she went out for dinner with Sunny and Taeyeon to the point that she just spoke whatever that was on her mind- half blabbering actually. She just wanted to encourage Taeyeon to talk more. After the dinner, she knew more about Sunny but Taeyeon was still like a blank sheet of paper to her.

But oh, the joy she felt when Taeyeon asked for her number albeit nervously. It was such a adorable sight. She would be lying if she said she wasn't confused. The attraction she felt for Taeyeon felt wrong yet so right. She often wondered what was it that pulled her towards the blonde. Taeyeon was not a hunk. She's not tall, she's not muscular, she has straight blonde hair, a small frame and eyes that sparkled like a kid. But she was so much more attentive compared to Siwon. The little gestures always left Tiffany's heart fluttering.

She didn't understand what all of these were until Siwon pointed it out that Taeyeon might have felt something beyond platonic towards her. Honestly it didn't occur to her, perhaps because she was enjoying the attention Taeyeon was showering her with. She panicked when Taeyeon appeared at Sunny's out of nowhere. She was suddenly afraid. What would she do if Siwon was right? She wasn't prepared. She was afraid she'd hurt Taeyeon instead, which she did albeit unintentionally.

Everything went downhill from there, in Tiffany's opinion. Her relationship failed, her health failed, everything else failed. And she lost Taeyeon. She knew she lost her when she saw her on a date with someone else. It hurt. She definitely felt something for Taeyeon but wasn't willing to let go of her long-term relationship for something new and unpredictable. What if it was just a slight attraction? A crush? Wouldn't it be such a waste to let go of a man like Siwon? And how would that affect her friendship with Taeyeon? She was sure it would be too difficult to stay friends if their relationship ever fails. 

And so she left. She went back to where her life was in the States, back to her father's side. She hoped it would help to find answers. Answers to what she really wanted. She didn't go by one day without thinking of Taeyeon. That should mean something, right?

She almost fainted seeing Taeyeon standing in the living room with the smile she loved the most, her dimple showing. Aware that her father might be monitoring her, she controlled herself to not pounce on Taeyeon then and there. She already knew what she wanted. And she was sure Taeyeon knew, too. If not she wouldn't be here. 

The happiness she felt was real. She was not going to let go of Taeyeon anymore. She wanted Taeyeon, as much as the blonde wanted her. They could make this work. She was willing to make this work. So she went back for Taeyeon, and the rest is history.

Now, pregnant with their first child, she was round and swollen, her legs cramped ever so often and she felt weird having another human living in her. She had weird cravings in the middle of the night, often for disgusting combinations like pasta with whipped cream. She was glad Taeyeon was patient with her, waking up in the middle of the night to cater to her needs.

She knew how tired it was for Taeyeon so she tried her best to be reasonable. Taeyeon was the sweetest wife anyone could've ask for. They were now in LA, living in her father's house. Her estimated delivery date was just three weeks later.  They tried to be as careful as they could. Afterall, it was their first child. Even their friends back in Korea would video call them just to talk to the little one, ignoring the two adults.

Life was perfect like that. Tiffany had a loving father, a wife, great friends whom she could call family and the bundle of joy on the way into all their lives. 

"Hey baby. Can you hear me? I'm Umma. Do you know whose womb you're in? You're in Mommy's womb. We love you so much and we can't wait to see you. Please come out smoothly and don't make things difficult for Mommy, okay? She's already having a hard time carrying you around. Although I'm sure she doesn't mind." Taeyeon paused, her hand caressing the baby bump and her ear on Tiffany's abdomen.

"Our family is a little different. So you'll have to bear with us. But we won't love you any lesser. It's gonna be tough for you too, when you start going to school. But rest assured we'll be there for you always. Don't keep everything to yourself like I used to, okay? Share your thoughts, your feelings. We want to know. I really can't wait to meet you, my little one."

Tiffany felt a slight kick from the baby. Taeyeon must have felt it too because she gasped, pulling away from Tiffany's abdomen.

"Don't pretend that you've never felt her kick before, Kim Taeyeon. And I'm not sure if she understands that whole chunk you just said to her."

"She must've understood so she reacted by kicking!"

Tiffany laughed, bringing her wife closer. "You adorable dork. You're going to be a mother soon. Can you try to behave like one? I don't want to take care of two babies at one go."

Taeyeon placed a gentle kiss on Tiffany's forehead then her abdomen, taking her wife's hand in hers. "I'll take care of the both of you. I may seem like a kid but I'm more than capable to do that."

"I know. You're the best."

"Anything for you, my lady." She placed another kiss on Tiffany's abdomen. "And you too, Stephanie Kim."

 

---