Chapter 9

Let Me Love You

Taeyeon killed the ignition and took out her phone. She couldn't help but grin at the new contact added to her phone just half an hour ago.

Now that she had Tiffany's number, it was time to think of what to say if she were to text her. Ask her out for dinner? Lunch? Movie? Would it be suspicious if she were to ask her out, with just the two of them? Or should she drag someone else along so it seemed more like an outing than a date?

A date. Taeyeon's grin grew wider. How would it feel like to go on a date with Tiffany? What would the woman wear? Definitely something stunning. She could already picture Tiffany looking gorgeous in a dress and heels, with makeup that complements her skin. Probably with red lipstick that the brunette loved so much.

The vibrating device in her hand brought her out of her daydreaming state.

'Taeng, she's taken. And happy.'

The short text from Sunny made her realize how obvious she was during dinner. She almost forgot how observant Sunny was- she was always able to see things that others don't. She might have been secretly observing her while she, on the other hand, was eyeing Tiffany.

'I know.' She sighed and threw her phone to the side where Tiffany sat earlier. Her smile was wiped off. She leaned her head against the headrest and allowed her arms to fall to her side.

"I know," she repeated to herself, as if trying to prove that she did not plan to do anything to break the couple up. As if she did not think of how it would be like to be with Tiffany.

Perhaps what she felt towards Tiffany was just infatuation. It made sense since Taeyeon felt the attraction almost immediately. It could have been that pair of eyes that spoke to her and her in. Or the way Tiffany presented herself; full of confidence and Taeyeon had to admit she was really charming that night.

She was no longer a gullible high school student, nor a lovestruck college student. She had grown and matured. Maybe the feeling would die down a couple of weeks later. It must just be a puppy love, right?

Right. I could do friends. Nothing more than that.

"Friends."

 

---

 

Juhyun opened the door to her apartment and was greeted by her white Maltese.

"Dubu-ya~" She squatted down to pat his head as he wiggled his tail happily.

She stood up and walked towards the couch with Dubu following behind her. Once she sat down after placing her handbag on the coffee table, Dubu jumped onto her lap and made himself comfortable.

"Did you behave yourself today?" Juhyun asked her dog and he replied with a bark.

She would often talk to her dog, and it seemed like Dubu understood what she was talking about. Being raised as an only child in the family, she often kept to herself.

Ever since her parents moved to Australia after she made a name for herself, she felt lonely at times thus decided to adopt a dog from the dog shelter. It was love at first sight for her. Once she saw little Dubu lying in the cage like a fluffy furball, she decided to adopt him. That was the second best decision she had ever made.

The first was to decide to stay in South Korea when her father suggested that she went to Australia with them. She stood her ground and told them not to worry. She liked her job and she did not want to put all her efforts to waste. And of course, working with Yoona today was added to her list. She was glad to be able to meet her in person, and even got to dine out with her.

The dinner went well and she was amazed by the model's appetite. The latter looked skinny but her appetite was almost thrice of what Juhyun had. She remembered Yoona shrugged it off and said she needed to gain more weight.

Juhyun was envious. She had to lose weight at times, and made sure that she exercised regularly to maintain her figure. Now she understood why everyone was envious of the beautiful model.

Her phone dinged and she reached for her bag to dig it out. It was from an unknown number. The frown on her face turned into a megawatt smile within seconds.

'Hi! Hope you don't mind that I got your number from my manager. I had fun tonight! Hope you're home safely. Good night and sweet dreams! :) –Yoona'

She squealed and picked Dubu up to hug him. The dog jerked at the sudden voice and barked, wagging his tail furiously. After placing her dog back to her lap, she saved the number in her contact list before she replied.

'Hey, not at all. I'm home safely. Thanks for dinner tonight, I had fun too. Good night, Yoona-ssi. Hope to see you soon. ;)'

 

---

 

The couple went to work as usual the next day. There was no ring on Tiffany's finger... yet. Right after Siwon confessed what he planned to do, they stared at each other silently. It was as if they tried to read each other's thoughts.

After a 5-minutes stare down, Tiffany left the room with a soft click of the door. Her brain suddenly stopped functioning. She was unable to come up with any replies. There was no way she could deal with it. Not when the proposal was forced out of her boyfriend, and not when both of them were upset.

She thought she could do this; to immediately say yes should Siwon propose to her one day even when she least expected it. Well, she did not expect that but it was not the kind of proposal she had in mind. Whatever happened to flowers, dinner, or him going down on one knee? Probably would have happened during the dinner if she had not canceled it.

She took a long shower, as if it could erase whatever emotion she was feeling. It felt complicated; she had a mix of emotions. She felt angry that Siwon did not trust her, she felt upset that she canceled dinner, and she felt somewhat happy that she was friends with Taeyeon.

Taeyeon.

If she had not agreed to dinner, she probably would have the engagement ring around her finger. Siwon would be in bed with her, and not asleep in the room across. She wasn’t even sure if they were able to get any sleep.

What was she thinking when she ditched her boyfriend, whom had been busy for the past few weeks to have a proper dinner with her?

She blamed it on the eagerness to get new friends; friends of her own and not introduced by Siwon, friends who were not part of Siwon's friends list. Friends whom she could lean on or talk about her boyfriend without fearing they would tell him or his friends.

It was a need, not want. She needed her own circle of friends, if she wanted to live with Siwon in South Korea in the long run. Her friends were all back in LA and apart from friends of Siwon's, she practically had no friends here.

Desperate times called for desperate measures. She was prepared to set things straight with Siwon. She was going to make it up to him. And she had to think of something quick and start planning.

 

---

 

Here's a chapter for all of you! I told myself that no matter what I have to post at least one chapter up.

Do you think Taeyeon will be able to step away from Tiffany and vice versa? What do you think Tiffany will do for Siwon? Propose to him? XD What a sight it will be!

And like Taeyeon in the story, I'm kind of socially awkward. So I apologize if my replies to your comments ended the conversations even before it started. Haha! No kidding. :p Well, if you would still like/want to talk to me, just leave me a comment! I promise I won't bite. 

-E