Chapter 32

Let Me Love You

Taeyeon sat down on the floor beside the bed. She had her head on top of her folded arms on the mattress.

She stared at Tiffany's face from her forehead to eyebrows, to her long and curly eyelashes, then her pointy nose and pouty lips. Her eyes lingered at the pair of lips, slightly parted as the owner was in deep slumber. She thought back on the kiss last night and remembered how soft those lips were, and it sent shivers down her spine. She could still taste Tiffany's strawberry lipbalm.

She felt like a creep looking at her while she was asleep. But she wanted to imprint every little detail into her head. Tiffany was finally hers. She confessed and Tiffany accepted. Like, for real.

Mine.

She let out a goofy grin as her mind wandered off to last night. They slept in the same bed with a small distance inbetween them. She could still remember the heat that radiated off both their palms and how sticky their interlocked hands felt. But none of it mattered. She needed the physical contact to prove she wasn't dreaming.

She heard rustling sound coming from the bed and focused yet again on the cute girl, wrapped up in the comforter with only her head visible.

Her grin widened as Tiffany stretched and huffed, her hands coming out of the comforter. She then patted around the mattress blindly with her right hand where Taeyeon slept, as if looking for her.

Taeyeon almost squealed at how adorable Tiffany was in the morning. She wouldn't mind waking up to this cute sight every day. It was a sight she wouldn't get tired of no matter what, she knew.

"Stop staring at me." Tiffany let out a low groan as she adjusted her position on the bed to lie on her side. The raspy and low voice brought her out of her trance.

"I wasn't..."

"Liar. I could feel your gaze." She opened one eye lazily and looked at Taeyeon. "Why are you down there?"

"Um... the floor is more comfy."

"You have to brush up your lying skills," she paused. "On second thoughts maybe not. Just continue this way."

Taeyeon laughed and climbed up the bed and kissed her forehead. "Good morning cutie. Did anyone ever tell you how adorable you look before waking up?"

"Siwon might have," she blurted out as she stretched yet again.

Taeyeon's smile faltered as she gingerly shifted slightly away from Tiffany. O-kay... what was that?

Her eyes shot open when it dawned on her what she had just said. She sat up immediately and closed her eyes due to the fast movement. She started feeling dizzy and her head was pounding.

"Sorry, my brain has yet to boot up." She reached out to hold Taeyeon's hand and looked at her apologetically. Whether or not it was on purpose, that was insensitive of her. They've only been together for less than a day and she actually brought up her ex.

Taeyeon would have flipped if not for the fact that Tiffany looked so messily cute and sorrowful, with her hair sticking out on all directions and eyes fighting to open. Add that to the fact that the poor girl might be jetlagged. Well, maybe because she couldn't bring herself to get angry, too. That took up like 50%.

"It's okay. Go wash up. I'll go make breakfast." She kissed her forehead again and left to see what's available in her fridge.

Tiffany bit her lip as she patted her cheeks. What was she thinking? She would have been so pissed off if she were in Taeyeon's shoes. She brought her hand up to her forehead to touch the spot Taeyeon kissed. There was this tingling feeling and she smiled. I could get used to this.

Surprisingly, the intimate contact they had weren't awkward or uncomfortable. In fact she had only wanted to peck Taeyeon on the lips but the blonde held her tight and kissed her, hard. Months of longing resulted in a mind-blowing kiss. They only looked away shyly when they moved apart from each other, trying to regulate their breathing.

Funny how it felt like they've been doing that many times before, although the it was both their first time being with a woman. They were so much in sync; her hands went around Taeyeon's neck instantly whereas the latter's hands were on her hip, gently caressing.

She hopped out of the bed and went straight into the washroom. She should at least help with breakfast to make up for the blunder earlier on.

 

---

 

"Juhyun-ah."

She looked up from her script to see the male lead standing infront of her. She stood up and bowed.

"Seung-gi oppa."

"Am I disturbing?" He pointed to the script in her hand.

"Ah, no, I was just going through the scene coming up. What's wrong, Oppa?"

"I have a favour actually."

"Oh? What is it?"

He rubbed the back of his neck. Although he was close to Juhyun and had always treated her as his little sister, getting this favour from her was harder than he thought.

"I, uh- you're close to Yoona-ssi, right?"

"Yoona? Im Yoona? Yes, I am. Why?"

"I wanted to ask if you could maybe... put in a good word for me with her? I mean, if that's not troublesome or awkward that is."

"Ah." Juhyun frowned. So this was the favour he needed? He's interested in Yoona and wanted her to help pull some strings?

Seung-gi looked at the frown on Juhyun's face and realized he might have gone too far. "It's okay if it's not comfortable for you to do that. I understand. I just thought that since you're close maybe you could... It's alright, I'll try to approach her myself."

Juhyun thought of how great a senior like Seung-gi was to her and felt torn inbetween. Perhaps she could approach Yoona first, then decide what to do? There's no harm asking. And if the model was interested in him too, then it'd be killing a bird with two stones. Right?

"Oppa, I'm not sure if she's comfortable with that but I'll try? No promises though."

"Really?!" Seung-gi had a boyish grin on his face and pumped his fist in the air. "Yes! Thank you, Juhyun-ah!"

She had to smile at his enthusiasm. "Thank me only after it's done."

"Thank you for being willing to try. Alright, I shall not hold you up any further. Keep me posted, yeah?"

Juhyun nodded and bowed as Seung-gi turned to leave. The frown re her face as she thought of how to approach this. She didn't feel like helping Seung-gi but he was such a great senior to her, always treating her like the younger sister he never had.

Im Yoona, why are you so popular? What should I do? Or rather, what do I do if you're feeling the same? He's a nice guy. Zero rumours since he debuted and it has been five years.

She tried to visualize Yoona and Seung-gi together and she couldn't deny the fact that they, indeed, looked good together. What's meant to be mine will be mine. If not I guess I'll just have to let go.

 

---

 

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon's backview as the latter stood infront of the stove, making breakfast.
She tiptoed towards her and wrapped her arms around the small waist, startling the blonde. Taeyeon almost dropped the egg she had made.

"Y-yah! Don't do that!"

Tiffany sheepishly grinned and apologized, then looked over Taeyeon's shoulder to see bacons and eggs. The aroma was making her salivate. Taeyeon was such a domesticated kid whereas she couldn't even fry an egg.

She giggled when Taeyeon shifted uncomfortably in her embrace. She kissed her shoulder before going about the kitchen to prepare the table for breakfast.

Taeyeon relaxed the moment Tiffany let go of her. Not that she wasn't enjoying the back hug, but she was afraid of burning the food.

All she wanted to do was to turn over and kiss Tiffany senseless. She could kiss her all day long. But it might be a wise choice to cut down on the physical contact. She might not be able to control her hands should things get heated up. And we've been together for what, not even a day. Keep your hands to yourself, Kim Taeyeon. There's plenty of time for that in future.

Future, she thought to herself and a smile crept up her face. She was going to have a future with Tiffany. Or at least she hoped so.

They ate breakfast in silence, with Taeyeon taking glances at Tiffany from time to time. In her eyes she looked so perfect and attractive that she couldn't take her eyes off her. Now that she's hers, she could finally stare at her without fearing of getting caught.

"Taeyeon, do you think we should tell the rest?" Tiffany looked up from her plate to see Taeyeon's loving gaze. She blushed as her eyes flickered elsewhere before going back to that pair of brown orbs.

"We could wait a month or two before telling them, I guess. Do you? Like, now?"

"I don't know. Would it make any difference?"

"Difference as in... us not being together anymore in a month or two? Or difference as in their reaction to it?"

"Well..."

"Unless you find this," Taeyeon paused and pointed to Tiffany then herself, "weird."

"Not at all!" Tiffany replied almost instantly, waving her hands infront of her chest.

"Then I don't see any difference. I'm in for the long run, Fany. I'm here to stay." She leaned forward and took Tiffany's hand in hers. "This is not just a phase. I love you. And I'm going to give my all into this relationship, now that you've given me the chance."

Tiffany felt her insides bursting with happiness as Taeyeon caressed the back of her hand with her thumb. It was a heartfelt confession. Taeyeon was wearing her heart on her sleeve, bearing it all out for Tiffany. She laced their fingers together and gave it a light squeeze.

"This is not a phase for me too, Taetae."

Taeyeon's ears perked up and eyebrows raised when she heard the nickname. It sounded childish, but if Tiffany was the one calling her that then she would gladly accept it. Whipped.

"Taetae?" Taeyeon repeated in amusement.

Tiffany wanted to smack herself for coming up with such a childish nickname for Taeyeon. She wanted to be special. She didn't want to call her 'Taeyeon', 'Tae' or 'Taeng' like others. She wanted to address Taeyeon differently to show the world this adorable being was hers, and hers only. Although it made no difference to add another syllable.

"I wanted to call you something different so. But if you don't-"

"I like it!" Taeyeon grinned. "It's cute. Just like me." She placed the back of her hands near her chin with her palms facing down and fingers wriggling.

"Dork."

"You know you like it."

"Is it too late to back out now?" Tiffany sighed and tried to pull her hand out of Taeyeon's hold, pretending to regret her decision.

"Yah! No! You're not going anywhere!"

She laughed as Taeyeon dug her fingers into the back of her hand, holding it tightly.

"Did you tell Sunny you're back though? Did she agree to be your housemate?"

"No, I didn't inform her."

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany with a confused expression. "Then where will you be staying? You found a place?"

"I did," replied Tiffany with a smirk. "I'm staying here."

"Oh you're- wait, what?! Here?! You're moving in with me?" Taeyeon almost choked.

"Yes. Too soon?" She asked with a frown.

Did Taeyeon not want her to be here? Or was it too early to move in together? She thought that they were kinda special and could skip the dates and getting-to-know-each-other phase. Perhaps she should give it some time?

"I-I I don't know."

"Silly. What are you afraid of?"

Me. Taeyeon gulped. "N-no. I'm not afraid of anything. But we'll need to go furniture shopping though. There's no bed in my guest room."

"Yay! Shopping!" Tiffany clapped her hands together with glee and gobbled down her breakfast.

"Yah! Slow down!" Taeyeon warned, afraid that Tiffany might choke at the speed she's eating.

Tiffany pushed Taeyeon's plate closer to the latter and gestured her to finish the food.

"The faster we finish the better."

"Fany-ah, there's still a lot of time for shopping. Slow down." Taeyeon frowned and leaned forward to wipe the grease off the corner of Tiffany's lips.

She furiously chewed her food and swallowed. "Sorry. Can we drop by the boutique I always go to? Need to get some new clothes for my wardrobe."

Taeyeon groaned, earning a playful smack on her shoulder. There's no stopping Tiffany when she's shopping. At the rate she shops, Taeyeon might need to purchase a bigger wardrobe to house her clothes. Good luck to me.

 

---

 

Everybody stopped talking when Yuri walked into Sunny's restaurant, holding the hand of a blonde haired girl.

"Quit staring like you saw an alien." Yuri said as she approached them. "Guys, meet my girlfriend, Hyoyeon."

They were all shocked as Yuri didn't mention anything about bringing her girlfriend over.

"Hi! I'm Sooyoung." She was the first to react as the others were still in shock. She stood up and extended her hand out for a handshake.

"Hi, Yuri has mentioned so much about you guys."

"I hope they're all good things." Sunny joked and held out her hand. "Sunny, the owner of this restaurant."

"Most of them were." Hyoyeon said, earning a nudge on her waist from Yuri.

They started introducing themselves one by one to the new addition to their group. They once mentioned that if you think the person you're seeing was here to stay, bring him/her over and they'd welcome with open arms.

Sunny went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for them as they sat at the empty seats around the able.

"You didn't tell me there's other couple in the group." Hyoyeon whispered to her girlfriend.

She briefed her before who were in the group and what to expect in case she said the wrong things to offend her friends. Hyoyeon was a really straightforward girl so it's best to tell her what not to mention.

"What? There's only one."

"You're lying. Look at the blonde hair girl with the one with the eyesmile. Tayun? Tippany?"

Yuri almost laughed at her girlfriend's weakness. It's difficult for her to remember names. When they first met she kept calling her Ryu. "Taeyeon and Tiffany. Yes, they're the couple I told you about."

"And that two brunette. I know Juhyun. Seen her on TV, and the other pretty doe-eyed one. Aren't they a couple too?"

"What? No, they're just friends. Although we did suspect that maybe they might be a little interested in each other."

"I see. Well I'm half right then."

"Your gaydar is so impressive."

"It's because yours is not working." Hyoyeon remarked curtly.

She remembered the first time she met Yuri through a mutual friend, she had an inkling that the girl was somehow interested in people of the same gender. So in the subsequent meetings, she got to know her better and even dropped hints after the fourth meeting. But the woodblock was too dense to realize that Hyoyeon was dropping hints all along. Until one day she couldn't take it anymore and approached Yuri, to which the latter gave her a confused look that fueled her anger further.

"Yah~" Yuri whined.

"Don't do that. It doesn't suit you."

Yuri hit Hyoyeon on the arm and smiled. She liked their honest and carefree interaction the most. This was why she fell for Hyoyeon. She could be as straightforward as she wanted, without fearing she would offend her girlfriend.

 

---

 

A wild Hyoyeon appears! XD

Sorry for the lack of updates. I'll try to finish the story before the girls' comeback (yeah I know it's in a few days). Well, the keyword is try.

I'm going to fast forward a little, now that TaeNy is together. My aim is 35 chapters. So 3 more to go!

Once again, thanks for all the subs, upvotes and comments! Appreciate it!

-E