Chapter 5

Let Me Love You

Taeyeon stepped into the balcony with a glass of champagne in her hand. They just had dinner a while ago and she needed some fresh air- a break from the happy crowd back in the living room.

She was intrigued by Tiffany. The way she talked and how her eyes disappeared when she laughed or smiled. The huskiness of her voice, how her hair fell over her shoulder and she would occasionally flip them back, exposing her collarbone even more. And that figure-hugging red dress, her red lipstick… Taeyeon couldn't keep her eyes off Tiffany when she's looking so exceptional.

She had always known that she swung both ways, but never took the initiative to date women. But now, she wished she could get to know Tiffany more. However, she was naturally awkward with strangers or people whom she had just met. Something she'd like to change.

"Taeyeon, what are you doing out here alone?" She heard the balcony door open followed by the husky voice she wouldn't mind hearing over and over again.

Was it even possible to feel so attracted to someone at first sight? She had always thought that the movies or novels were exaggerating. Apparently not, and she doesn't really like like her. But she couldn't hide that spark in her heart when Tiffany called her name. She remembers.

She turned over and there stood Tiffany with all her gorgeousness and a slight frown. It was then that Taeyeon realized the dress worn by the brunette was not thick enough to keep her warm. She took a step forward and pulled Tiffany by her elbow to lead her back into the living room, ignoring that jolt she felt when her fingers touched her skin.

"Just taking a breather, nothing much." She replied to the brunette's question as she shut the balcony door.  

"You're not one who talks a lot, huh?" Tiffany smiled slightly. "Or do you just not want to talk to me?" Her smile faltered as she thought of how loud and talkative she could be at times which might have irritated Taeyeon somehow.

"Wha-?" Her jaw dropped slightly when she heard that question. "I don't- no- I-I I'm just a little awkward in the social department." She replied truthfully, not wanting Tiffany to get the wrong idea. She would kill to talk to the gorgeous woman standing infront of her. Seriously, who would turn down the opportunity?

Tiffany chuckled at the stuttering woman. But before she could say anything, Siwon walked towards her and whispered in her ear, asking if it was okay for them to leave. He had some errands to run in the morning and it was getting late. Although reluctant, Tiffany nodded her head in agreement and turned to find Taeyeon's back view instead. The blonde was back with her friends -her comfort zone- and Tiffany was disappointed.

She thought she could get to know Taeyeon more, since she noticed her not speaking up when they were exchanging light conversations as a group. And she wouldn't mind having more friends to hang out with. I guess I'll just have to wait till next time then.

 

---

 

Taeyeon woke up to an empty apartment. Ever since she turned legal, she had been waking up alone. At times she would feel empty- like as if a part of her were missing. At times she's thankful for this quietness where she could sort out her thoughts or reminiscence about the past.

She grew up in an orphanage. Nobody knew who her parents were, not even Sister Park who found her at the entrance of the orphanage, bundled up with a towel and left in a box.

She would be lying if she said she didn't hate her birth parents for abandoning her. But without them, she wouldn't have had what she had, and she wouldn't have met friends that she loved dearly. And most importantly, she wouldn't have met Sister Park, whom she regarded as Umma. She gave her the motherly love that she craved for and she's forever thankful for that.

She missed her so much. She was diagnosed with colorectal cancer and passed away shortly after. Taeyeon was 14 years old then. She broke down and became a living zombie for weeks after Sister Park's passing. She stopped when the woman who passed on appeared in her dreams, telling the younger girl that she wants her to stop drowning herself in sorrow and move on. That she's still around, and would watch over her from up above.

Taeyeon didn't know if the dream was real, or she missed the late Sister Park too much that she subconsciously dreamt of her. But she woke up crying and that was the last time she cried while she thought of her. Since there was no reason left to stay, she studied and worked hard to move out of the orphanage.

She started by renting a small one-room place in an old building. The Ajumma who owned the building took a liking to Taeyeon and would often cook extra food for her. More than a decade later, Taeyeon finally managed to purchase a small yet cozy studio apartment in the downtown of Seoul, together with a small city car.

Her phone rang just as she finished buttoning up her shirt. Strolling towards the vibrating device, she picked it up and smiled at the name displayed on her screen.

"Hey Sunny." Taeyeon greeted cheerfully.

"Morning Tae," Sunny chirped, "are you coming down for breakfast? The guys are already here."

Sunny opened her own restaurant shortly after they graduated from college with her parents' help. They would head down to her restaurant for breakfast before going to work once in a while. She would open the restaurant an hour earlier before the official operating time just for them. It had been their routine since she first opened for business.

It was one of the reasons why they managed to stay this close despite being busy with their own lives. The location of the restaurant helped too, considering the fact that it was right smack in the middle of where they were living separately.

"Yes. I'll be there in 15. Please prepare the usual for me?" Taeyeon spoke while going around the house stuffing the necessities into her bag.

"Sure, see you later!"

"Later."

 

---

 

"Yoona, can you come over for a minute?" Her manager called out to her as she was getting ready for the preparation before the photoshoot. She stood up from her seat and walked towards him.

"Yes, Oppa?" She noticed the lady standing beside him and raised a brow. Isn't she the female lead for recent popular dramas? She thought to herself, taking note of how good-looking the actress was.

"This is Seo Juhyun-ssi. I just wanted to introduce you to each other since you will be partners today. And will possibly work together in the future for more photoshoots," her manager explained, "I'll leave you two to get acquainted." With that, silence engulfed them as her manager bowed and walked away.

"Hi, I'm Seo Juhyun," the lady introduced herself and held out her hand infront of Yoona and bowed a little. "Please take care of me."

"Im Yoona. Pleased to meet you, Juhyun-ssi. Please be kind to me." Yoona took her outstretched hand for a firm handshake.

"Pleasure's all mine. I have been a big fan of you. I'm excited to be working alongside you today."

Yoona blushed at the straightforward confession. She could never get used to hearing these comments especially coming from people whom she had just met, let alone a well-known actress like the lady standing infront of her.

"Yoona! It's your turn!" The makeup artist screamed, bringing her out of her daze.

"I'll talk to you later, Juhyun-ssi. Fighting!" Yonna bowed and walked off after seeing an acknowledgement nod from her new partner.

Juhyun was already prepared for the photoshoot since she had arrived early for the introductions and briefing as it’s her first photoshoot for this sporting brand.

She was pleasantly surprised to see her partner to be Yoona. Before Juhyun became an actress, she admired Yoona so much. It was refreshing to have such bubbly and down-to-earth person in the industry. And she was even more surprised when Yonna didn't have the big-shot aura around her even though her career had started to kick off really well.

She hoped that they could become friends in the long run. The thought of working with Yoona made Juhyun smile to herself. The smile widened when the sight of said model's flushed cheeks earlier surfaced in her mind.

 

---

 

Double chapters to make up for the long-awaited update, and to thank you guys for subscribing!

Finally Taeny met. And Seohyun's being introduced to the story! Woohoo~ -throws confetti-

Although this story would focus more on Taeny, I wouldn't mind adding another Soshi pairing into the storyline... am I giving out too much? Hahaha! I guess it's quite obvious which pairing it will be. So stay tuned!

-E