Chapter 33

Let Me Love You

Juhyun took a sip of water to hide the bitter smile she had on her face. Seung-gi was trying hard to make Yoona laugh and it succeeded, judging by the way Yoona laughed with wide open.

She had no idea why she had to be the third wheel. Apparently Yoona was alright with hanging out with Seung-gi, but requested that she be present at their 'outings'. It was a torture, but she couldn't reject. She had no reason to reject.

She nodded and smiled along as Seung-gi, seated opposite her and Yoona, started on another hilarious encounter when he was still a newbie in the industry. She tried keeping her face void of emotions as much as she disliked being here. She knew her presence meant a lot for Seung-gi, and he might think she's supportive of what he's doing. But in reality all she wanted to do was to scream at him and tell him Yoona's hers.

She balled up her fists unknowingly, clutching onto her dress so tight that her knuckles turned white. Perhaps she should excuse herself. This was already the fifth outing- she had painfully gone through five torturous dates. While they were having fun getting to know each other, she was mostly fuming with anger or feeling self-pity.

Just as she was about to come up with an excuse, she felt a hand covering her fist. She looked down and saw Yoona's hand over hers, giving it light squeezes and gentle . Yoona was still attentively listening to Seung-gi, smiling and nodding as she was doing so.

She felt herself relax and she unclentched her fists, which Yoona took the initiative to hold her hand under the table. Why did it feel like she was the mistress? Juhyun bit back a smile as she fondled with Yoona's hand, completely blocking out the animated Seung-gi who was still recounting his story- totally unaware of what's happening under the table.

Maybe, just maybe, Yoona only treats him as a nice Oppa? Or she felt obliged to come to such outings since it was Juhyun who invited her?

"Ah, look at the time. I have a schedule to go to. Excuse me, ladies. I'll see you another time?" Seung-gi apologized as he placed some bills on the table. "This is on me."

Before anyone could protest he waved and walked out of the cafe, feeling awesome as it seemed really handsome to do what he just did. He was so sure that Yoona was slowly warming up to him and with Juhyun's support, he could probably start courting the model. Before that, he would have to talk to Juhyun to come up with some excuses to let them go on a date alone.

"Phew, that was a funny story. Too bad he had to leave." Yoona collected the bills and stuffed them into her jeans pocket. She could pay with her card later.

"You like spending time with him?" Juhyun asked softly, still playing with Yoona's hand.

"Yeah. He's a nice Oppa. Don't you?"

"I-I I do."

"Speaking of which." Yoona turned to her side to face Juhyun completely. "What's with the fists? You were trembling."

"Just felt a little cold."

"You're lying. Your hands are warm," Yoona paused. "Is it because you don't want to be here and I forced you to? Sorry. I didn't want him to think we could be anything more than friends and I don't know how to reject him."

"You don't?" Juhyun looked up in surprise. Now that's unexpected. She thought Yoona was somehow interested thus agreed to head out again and again.

Yoona shook her head and laughed. "I don't. Now I feel bad for leading him on. Perhaps I should tell him?"

Juhyun's lips twitched and she wanted so much to grin widely. Yoona didn't feel the same. She didn't like Seung-gi that way.

"You should," replied Juhyun, sounding a lot more confident than before. "It's better to let him know you're not interested so he wouldn't feel cheated if he were to confess."

Juhyun felt bad for feeling happy at Seung-gi's soon-to-come rejection from Yoona. But it only made her realize how jealous and protective she could get when it comes to Yoona. Perhaps she should test the waters first and see how the model would react towards being in a same- relationship herself.

 

---

 

"Are you sure about this? Isn't it a little too soon?" Sunny asked as she watched her friend browse through rows and rows of sparkling diamond accessories, looking for the perfect engagement ring.

"I know she's the one. I want to spend the rest of my life with her."

"Whatever you say, I guess." Sunny shrugged and plopped down onto the couch.

"Told you whatever you say would fall on deaf ears." Sooyoung eyed Sunny for a moment before turning her attention back to her phone.

"Doesn't hurt to try." Sunny shrugged.

"Look at her, she's all grown up." She sighed and leaned back into the couch, watching her friend go around the store looking for the ring.

"You know, I've always thought that you would be the first to get engaged. Considering the fact that you've been with Sihoon oppa for that many years. Who would've thought Yuri would be the first."

"I know right. I'm happy for her. Hyoyeon is a really nice kid." Sooyoung smiled when she remembered the funny moments with Hyoyeon, and how her presence made the group livelier.

Yuri had asked both of them to accompany her to choose the right engagement ring for her girlfriend. They gladly complied, helping Yuri as much as they could but gave up halfway when Yuri just couldn't make up her mind.

"I wonder who will be next."

"Taeyeon and Tiffany, maybe?" Sunny gave it a thought and answered. 

It's been almost a year since they were official but it seemed like they were still on their honeymoon period. It's quite amusing, since they lived together since day one and they still can't keep their hands off each other.

"Possible. I mean, look at them! Living together immediately after they got together. I'm still curious how they stuck together like glue at times."

"The power of love." Sunny giggled.

"Guys! I think I found it!" Yuri screamed excitedly and waved her hands, gesturing her friends to go over.

"Thank goodness. One more minute in this place and I might just pick my own engagement ring and propose to Oppa already." 

Sooyoung rolled her eyes and got up while Sunny just shook her head.

Annoying and impatient stick.

 

---

 

It took Yuri and Hyoyeon close to a year to plan for their perfect wedding. They managed to find a church that supports LGBT, and planned to hold it there. It wouldn't be a grand ceremony, just a simple one as requested by Hyoyeon. She didn't like all the grand and expensive stuff. She felt that the wedding was for friends and family to come together to witness their promises to each other, and their vows to be together for this lifetime. Even if it were in the comforts of their own home, Hyoyeon would still find it unforgettable.

She could still remember the day Yuri proposed to her infront of their friends at Sunny Day. She knew something was up because her then girlfriend was really fidgety and didn't quite pay attention to anything. But she did not expect her to propose, she thought Yuri had to go overseas for work again or she had some bad news to tell her.

They did discuss about marriage a few times throughout their relationship but none made it clear of any intention to follow through. So she was pleasantly surprised when Yuri got down on one knee and presented her with the most gorgeous diamond ring she had ever seen.

Their friends were in the background cheering and telling her to say yes- which she did, but not before trolling on Yuri. Her smile widened as she saw Yuri's eyes twinkling in delight, and she had on her kid-like grin. Needless to say, Yuri was the happiest person that day.

She practiced her lines and even wrote down a script to follow. But just as she kneeled down, she threw the script to the back of her head and went with her heart instead, saying things that she wanted Hyoyeon to know. Mostly how happy Hyoyeon made her, and she'd like her to be in her life forever.

She was proud of herself when she saw tears in Hyoyeon's eyes. Her then girlfriend was a very strong woman and hardly cried even when she faced difficulties. Not that she liked watching Hyoyeon cry. It was that moment when she realized in this relationship, no one loves the other more- they were equally in love with each other.

 

---

 

They watched both Yuri and Hyoyeon walk down the aisle together with tears b in their eyes. Their most playful friend had finally settled down, and with the most outgoing lady they've ever seen. They make a good pair, bringing laughter to everyone and making 

It was a really simple and small ceremony to celebrate, with close friends and family in the crowd, teary eyed as they watched the couple stand at the altar. The couple would be going America for their honeymoon and then get the legal document signed while they're at it.

The couple encountered some problems while planning for their big day and got into a huge fight that almost blew the whole engagement. Luckily they managed to get over it and allowed everyone to participate in this unforgettable moment of their lives.

To Taeyeon, it was like watching her sister get married and it made her emotional. Her friend was starting her own little family. They've all grown up to be great adults, and she felt like a proud elder sister.

Taeyeon held Tiffany's hand and gave it a light squeeze. She knew it was too soon to speak of marriage, but she hoped that one day she could follow Yuri's footsteps and officially- legally call Tiffany hers. Although it wasn't recognized in Korea, but in the U.S. it was. She never craved for a family of her own until she met Tiffany. This woman, with the cutest eyesmile ever, domesticated her.

She ever thought of migrating to LA so Tiffany could be with her father. Afterall, she has no family here other than her friends, which she would miss them terribly if she were to migrate. And that was the only reason stopping her. Well, that and the fact that her English was really terrible.

Perhaps it was time to plan for Mr. Hwang's trip to Korea. The man had been thinking of visiting but couldn't find time. She knew Tiffany missed her father, since it had been a year since their LA trip, although she had been video-calling him as often as she could. Then maybe she could tell him her thoughts on marrying his daughter. Although Taeyeon was confident that he would gladly agree to it, she still felt afraid that he might say no.

She placed another hand over her lover's and held the latter's hand within her own. This pair of hands would protect everything she holds close to her heart, and Tiffany was the biggest occupant.

Tiffany turned to Taeyeon and gave her a soft smile. She placed her free hand over Taeyeon's and turned her attention back to the front. It was time for Yuri and Hyoyeon to say their vows.

"I love you." Taeyeon whispered into Tiffany's ear.
The latter squeezed her hand and replied Taeyeon in the warmest way she knew- with an eyesmile that made Taeyeon breathless no matter how many times she had seen it.

"I know, I love you too Taetae."

 

---

 

"So when are you going to propose?" Sooyoung joked as she stood beside Taeyeon, who was watching her girlfriend dancing happily in the dance floor with the others.

She smiled when she saw how exaggerated Tiffany's dance moves were. She was having a lot of fun, judging by the unstoppable eyesmile and silent laughs.

"I plan to. But not that soon. Probably a year or two more, or maybe a few years down the road. When are you getting married?" Taeyeon asked as she gestured to the bouquet Sooyoung was holding onto. Her friend was so elated that she caught the bouquet Hyoyeon threw to the unmarried/single ladies.

"Depends when that woodblock plans to propose. 5 years is a long time. I'm kinda ready for it actually, having my own family."

Taeyeon looked at the blissful smile of Sooyoung and smiled along with her. Happiness is contagious, that she realized. Even though she wasn't the one getting married or about to get married, she still felt elated nevertheless.

"May I please excuse my girlfriend? I'd like to ask her for a dance." Sihoon came over to stand beside his girlfriend, putting his arm over her shoulders.

"Sure, go ahead."

Sooyoung placed the bouquet on the table nearby and followed Sihoon's pull onto the dance floor. She didn't even realize the song blasting through the speakers had changed. She looked to the dance floor again and found couples swaying along to the music.

Then she saw the most gorgeous being walking towards her with a gentle smile. Tiffany stopped infront of Taeyeon and held out her hand, palm facing up.

"May I?"

Taeyeon giggled shyly and placed her hand on top of Tiffany's, which the latter held it tight and brought her towards the dance floor.

This was their first dance together. For Tiffany, it felt like prom night all over again. And Taeyeon was nervous. She didn't have much experience dancing like that and she just hoped she wouldn't step on Tiffany or make a fool out of herself.

Tiffany guided Taeyeon towards the corner of the dance floor where it was quite empty so they had bigger space and more privacy. She noticed the nervousness of Taeyeon as well as the excitement. She took Taeyeon's hands and placed them around her shoulders, and she placed her hands on her girlfriend's hip and brought their bodies closer to each other.

"Don't worry, I'll guide you. Just follow my lead, okay?" She said, looking into Taeyeon's eyes.

Taeyeon nodded and moved as Tiffany moved. They maintained eye contact while dancing to the slow music, and both had a small smile on their face.

Halfway through the dance, she could see Tiffany's eyes flickering down towards her lips. Once, twice, thrice... The end of her lips curved upwards and formed a smirk. She brought her hand up to Tiffany's head and pushed it towards her lightly, sealing their lips together, giving her what she wanted.

Taeyeon was not a fan of public display of affection, but it felt so right. She didn't care if anyone was watching. She kept a hand at the back of Tiffany's head while the other roamed down to her waist and pressed the latter's body closer to hers. Tiffany gasped into the kiss and it gave Taeyeon's tongue the chance to enter.

It felt so, so right.

 

---

 

Raise your hand if you thought Taeyeon was the one planning to propose. Lol! Troll.

Next 2 chapters would focus more on TaeNy.

As always, thanks for the subs and comments!

-E