Chapter 15

Let Me Love You

For the following week, Taeyeon spent any free time she had with Tiffany. At times it was her who asked Tiffany out and at times it was the latter. Either way, she was glad to come into terms with her feelings. She could be more comfortable with Tiffany now that she stopped denying what she felt for the model.

When Tiffany initiated any skinship, be it hooking arms or when fingers brushed against each other's as they walked, she felt less jittery. In fact she loved the innocent skin contact they had.

Other than knowing Tiffany's love for steak, she also found out that she had a high alcohol tolerance, she liked watching romance movies, she felt like owning anything pink- Taeyeon once thought of getting a pink onesie and present herself in it to Tiffany but well, that was just a thought.

Tiffany was undeniably the most captivating person in her eyes, backed up by the multiple selcas or the pictures she took of the model secretly. Call her biased but Tiffany had the best features Taeyeon had ever seen.

She knew she got it bad when she felt the end of her lips tugging up when the woman seated beside her swayed and sang along to the music played over the radio. Tiffany had that kind of influence on her. Taeyeon would inevitably feel happier with just a small touch from the brunette or the sight of her smile that made her heart flutter.

And amongst the many things she found out, only one made her wish she wasn’t that into knowing Tiffany better. And that was how much Tiffany loved her boyfriend. Like, so very much.

Siwon was on a flight back to Korea and Taeyeon was in the midst of driving his girlfriend to the airport. Tiffany had asked if she could fetch him from the airport with her and Taeyeon kindly agreed although it wasn't ideal. She really didn't like the idea of Tiffany taking public transport.

Oh, the things she would do for the model.

"Tae, are we going to be on time?" Tiffany asked as she switched the radio channel to an English one since the previous channel was on commercial break.

"Yes. It will take another half an hour tops. Relax, Siwon's not going to run away if he doesn't see you there."

"I'm just," Tiffany exhaled, "really excited to see him, you know?"

Yup, I do. Don't even need a reminder. She looked at Tiffany and saw the blissful smile on her face. When will I ever be the cause of that smile?

 

---

 

"What do you feel like eating?" Yoona asked as she skimmed through the menu, salivating at the sight of different flavors of ice cream.

"There're so many choices!" Juhyun pouted as she leaned back onto the backrest of the chair. "I feel like eating everything. They look so enticing!"

"Well, we can get 2 regular to share. Or, we can get this petite-sized combo thingy,” Yoona suggested as she flipped the menu towards the actress and pointed at the bottom.

"This one looks good. Shall we?"

"Sure. We can choose 3 flavors each." She chuckled when she saw Juhyun clapped her hands in glee as she sat up to look through the menu again.

Yoona heard from her colleagues that the ice cream waffles from this shop were good, so she asked Juhyun if she wanted to give it a try. The actress agreed almost immediately. She was craving for something sweet since a few days ago and could finally find time to satisfy her cravings.

They had gotten comfortable with each other and are good friends now, with Juhyun pestering Yoona every now and then to look at scripts sent to the model as she really wanted to see her acting. Yoona would only laugh and shrug it off, never giving her a straight answer.

She wanted to keep it a surprise as she had started reading some scripts and there was one particular one that caught her attention. She might consider giving it a try if she could get pass the audition for the role. Although it was just a small supporting role, it was something she'd be willing to try.

One thing for sure was she couldn’t wait to see the surprised look on Juhyun’s face when that happens.

 

---

 

Tiffany squealed when Siwon lifted her up and turned a few rounds while holding her. They laughed and shared a kiss to convey the longing for one another. Tiffany missed her boyfriend so much that she didn’t want to let go.

Taeyeon looked away and focused on other passengers getting out of the arrival hall instead. Hearing Tiffany talk about Siwon was one thing, seeing them together was another. She wasn’t sure if she could suppress the jealously building up in her.

She could notice people doing a double take when they saw the couple. That's the effect they had on other people. They looked so good together that none of the passersby would ever deny the fact that they're meant for each other.

Taeyeon looked down at her feet and shuffled around, with her hands in her pocket. Perhaps she shouldn't have agreed to come. She should have stayed home or gone somewhere with her friends. Was she a masochist? Why did she like to torture herself so much?

Tiffany noticed how awkward it must be for Taeyeon when her eyes landed on that lonely figure standing one foot away. Thus she nudged Siwon, gesturing her head towards the blonde. He got the hint and let go of his girlfriend immediately as he cleared his throat, to which Taeyeon looked up.

"Hey Taeyeon, thanks for taking care of Tiff while I was away. She told me so much about you. And thanks for coming to get me." Siwon expressed his gratitude and moved to shake Taeyeon's hand.

He was glad that his girlfriend finally found a group of people whom she was comfortable with, and they with her. This meant that Tiffany would not have any problems if they were to settle down here.

"Don't mention it. She's fun to be with," Taeyeon answered. She couldn't possibly tell him she was actually into his girlfriend so she went for a neutral answer. "Shall we go? My car's that way."

The faster we get out of here the faster my misery would end, she hoped.

Taeyeon saw how Siwon picked up his luggage and took Tiffany's hand in his. She clenched her jaw but said nothing as she walked ahead of them to lead the way. It was also to block out the images of them together, and how Tiffany was leaning against Siwon as she walked.

The close proximity of the couple was making it hard for her to breathe as she recalled the person beside Tiffany was her just a day ago. With Siwon back, she could foresee herself spending less time with Tiffany. She wasn't sure if she could get used to it but she had to. The past two weeks were the best days of her year so far, and she would cherish the time she had spent with Tiffany.

I sound like I'm not going to see her anymore. Her heart stung at the thought of not seeing the brunette. As long as Tiffany's not married, there was still chance for Taeyeon. But a chance for what, exactly? For Tiffany to hate her and find her disgusting? Or for Tiffany to reciprocate her feelings?

Although the brunette mentioned she was alright with her friends being homouals, she did mention she wasn't sure if she could accept it if it were to happen to her. Taeyeon was not going to take any chances. She didn’t want to ruin Tiffany's happiness and their friendship. As long as she's still in her life, she could live with it.

 

---

 

"Why aren't Taeyeon and Yoona spending time with us anymore?" Yuri sulked as she propped her chin on her palm with her elbow on the table.

"Yah, don't exaggerate. You're saying that just because you don't have a date today."

The rest of the gang had met up in Sooyoung's place since it was the weekend. It was an impromptu decision but the oldest and youngest of the group claimed they were unable to make it as they already had plans.

Sooyoung also asked Tiffany if she wanted to hangout but the latter mentioned her boyfriend was coming back and she had to fetch him from the airport.

"I wonder if Tae is seeing someone. She seemed a little happier and busier," Sooyoung thought out loud.

It wasn't the first time Taeyeon rejected hanging out with them, but for the past two weeks she had been citing different reasons, claiming she was busy. Although she would still meet them, but it was considerably less frequent and she would always be on her phone.

"You noticed it too?" Yuri sat up and crossed her arms. "Now that you mentioned, her actions does seem a little suspicious lately. That small smile on her face when she was using her phone says something."

Sunny and Joonhyuk looked at each other and shrugged. They were hundred percent sure that the person Taeyeon was texting all along was Tiffany.

They did discuss if they should let the others know, but decided Taeyeon should be the one telling them. For all they know, it could just be a crush and their friend would get over it soon. But if things were to go out of hand, they would definitely intervene and get the others to help smack Taeyeon to her senses.

 

---

 

"Do you want to join us for lunch?" Siwon asked as he made himself comfortable at the back seat, with Tiffany riding shortgun.

"Yeah, Tae, join us!" Tiffany chirped, showing her eyesmile that Taeyeon could never say no to.

"Uh, okay." Damn it Taeyeon you weakling!

"Korean food? Well, if you don't mind. I kinda miss it."

"Sure."

Taeyeon drove them to a restaurant that she frequented with Sunny and gang. They had the best bulgogi, something Tiffany loved, as well as Taeyeon's favourite kimchijeon. She had never taken Tiffany here since she wanted to save it for future 'dates', but well, guess she would need to think of new places. That was if they were still going to hangout as a pair.

The couple sat beside each other while Taeyeon sat across Tiffany. Once they ordered their food, the couple started catching up with each other and Taeyeon never felt so invisible, ever. She tried listening to the conversation and comment every once in a while but got tired of it so she stopped listening altogether. It's none of my business anyway.

When the bulgogi came, together with side dishes that they ordered, Taeyeon took a piece of beef for Tiffany and placed it on her plate.

Siwon's hand stopped in midair when he saw what she did. He was about to grab Tiffany's favourite meat but Taeyeon beat him to it.

Taeyeon mentally scolded herself for the gesture. She wasn't supposed to do that since it was Siwon's 'job'. Way to go, Taeyeon. Very smart to do that in front of the boyfriend.

Siwon looked at her quizzically. He was taken aback by Taeyeon's action as friends would hardly do that. Or well, at least he had never seen any of his friends doing that.

On the other hand, Tiffany ate happily since she was used to Taeyeon taking food for her. She was oblivious to whatever that was going on with her boyfriend and friend.

The blonde took care of all her needs while Siwon was gone, covering his tasks. It didn't feel weird or uncomfortable so she would usually just let Taeyeon do as she pleases. She liked the attention she was showerd with anyway. It made her feel like a princess.

"Mmm, this is so good Taeyeon-ah!"

"Eat more then. They have the best bulgogi and kimchijeon," she answered, not looking up from her bowl.

Taeyeon continued eating and ignored the look Siwon was giving her. What? Was it wrong to help her friend grab some food? I've been doing that while you were gone, dude. At least give me some time to get out of that habit.

"Why aren't you eating? Dig in! It's so nice." Tiffany addressed Siwon and put some beef into his bowl. "Try this first. It's so yum!"

He smiled sweetly at his girlfriend and picked up his chopsticks. Siwon could sense the vibe Taeyeon gave off was different somehow. However, it could be that she was just one of those girlfriends of Tiffany's, considering how close her girlfriend could get with other females.

He had never felt threatened or afraid. Deep down he knew that Tiffany was his, and she was never into other females. As far as he was concerned, Tiffany had never mentioned anything about feeling something non-platonic towards females. Similarly for males, he was confident that he's the only one for her.

 

---

 

Happy (belated) Birthday Yoong! Although it's already close to 3am KST. <3

Thanks for the comments, subs and upvote! Really appreciate it, even if you're a silent reader. At least I know there're still people out there reading this.

If nothing goes wrong, there should be some exciting scenes coming up. ^^

-E