Chapter 6

Let Me Love You

"Morning guys." She sat on the unoccupied chair and greeted her friends seated around the only table being occupied in the restaurant.

"Hey Tae." Yuri was the only one who replied since Sooyoung and Joonhyuk were still busy stuffing food into their mouth, and they only acknowledged her by nodding.

"Sunny's still in the kitchen preparing. She said to help yourself with the coffee over there at the counter," she said, pointing her thumb towards her back.

Taeyeon walked towards the bar counter and poured herself a cup of steaming hot black coffee. She had the habit of drinking her coffee straight without sugar or creamer. Coffee tastes better just as it is; simplicity at its best.

"Hey Tae, you're here. C'mon, dig in before you're late for work," Sunny came out from the kitchen holding onto a plate of American breakfast, Taeyeon style. It had two slices of toast, a portion of scrambled eggs with ketchup over it and two sausages. She placed it on the table before sitting down.

"Thanks Sunny," Taeyeon said, walking back to her seat with a cup of coffee. "Man, I can never get tired of this food," she continued before starting to indulge in the breakfast prepared by her best friend.

Although Sunny had chefs and a pastry chef working with her, she always made it a point to personally prepare her friends' breakfast. By now she knows their likes and dislikes, and they don't seem to mind having the same breakfast menu over and over again.

They would normally request for their usual, or get Sunny to surprise them. At times they would even have Korean breakfast together, which included side dishes, rice and soup.

"Urgh, so full." Sooyoung burped and rubbed her tummy. She had just finished half of Sunny's unfinished breakfast as well as her own.

"You should be. You ate so much!"

"I wonder how Hyung managed to survive 3 years with this bottomless pit," Joonhyuk smirked and finished his last bit of breakfast before leaning back with a contented sigh. "Never knew what he saw in her, or how he still managed to earn money despite spending so much on food to feed his girlfriend."

"Yah, yah! I'm still here, you rascal!" Sooyoung smacked the back of the sniggering man's head and pouted. "It's not my fault that I've got a good appetite and I don't seem to get fat-"

"Yah, Choi Sooyoung, are you asking for a beating?!" Yuri interjected, raising her fist up and waved it infront of her face.

"Never met someone that thick skinned. She's definitely the first." Sunny muttered under her breath and finished her coffee in one shot.

"I'm fabulous and you know it." Sooyoung winked and flipped her hair.

Taeyeon laughed at their interactions and almost choked on her food. She quickly grabbed a glass of water and washed it down. She coughed and regulated her breathing before she continued eating while trying her best to hold in her laughter.

"One more word from you, Choi Sooyoung, and you can say goodbye to your free breakfast." Sunny warned and glared at the lady across who seemed to be in her own world.

"Okay okay, I'll shut up and keep it to myself. Geez. You guys are no fun." Sooyoung rolled her eyes and got up to refill her juice.

 

---

 

Tiffany walked into the photoshoot location and greeted everyone she saw on her way. It was her second job of the week and she’s glad that her colleagues treated her well and chose to overlook some of her mistakes, guiding her whenever she needed help. She was still nervous and afraid, but the happiness she felt while standing infront of the camera suppressed them.

"Good morning Tiffany. How are you feeling today?" The stylist asked her as she sat down infront of the dressing table.

"Good morning Eunhee unnie. I'm feeling great! Excited for the shoot later," Tiffany answered, smiling at the lady standing behind her through the mirror.

She managed to make some new friends and she was glad to click so well with the stylist. They were able to bond during the short breaks they had, and they made sure to use the time wisely.

"Heard you'll be working with some hot guy today." Eunhee cheekily winked through the mirror.

She laughed and shook her head. "I bet Siwon's going to flip once the pictures are out."

"Well, it's just something he has to deal with for having such a gorgeous girlfriend. He should have put a ring on you and claim you his."

Tiffany blushed at the comment. She had always wondered when Siwon would propose to her. She used to anticipate it and prepared herself just in case her boyfriend proposed to her when she least expected it. But as the years went by, she stopped thinking and anticipating it altogether. It will happen when it happens, she often told herself.

"Not so soon, Unnie. There's still a long way to go."

"Well, he'll just have to pray hard that no one would come by and sweep you off your feet."

Tiffany shook her head and smiled. If that day were to come, both of them would be so broken.

She couldn't imagine life without him, now that he's her only support here in Korea. She should be the one worrying about her boyfriend leaving her, since she's got everything to lose.

Where could she go if they broke up? She had no friends or family here. This meant that she had to go back to LA to resume her life there or try to survive here. The former sounded less scary, but Tiffany was one to take risks. She could try to live in Seoul for a couple of months to test the water and go from there.

Although there was really no point in thinking about this as Siwon was one to keep all his promises. And he once promised her forever. She'd like to think that she could trust him on that.

 

---

 

"Thank you for your hard work!" Yonna bowed to the photographer, assistants, stylists, as well as each and every crew member. She felt that without them, her pictures would not turn out that beautiful. She owed part of her success to these people who worked hard together with her.

"Thank you!" Juhyun followed her partner and started bowing to every individual on set. She then walked towards the changing room to change out of the sporty outfit.

Yonna was already sitting infront of the mirror removing her makeup when the actress stepped out of the changing room.

"Juhyun-ssi, would you like to have an early dinner together?" Yonna turned towards the younger girl and asked.

The photoshoot ended earlier than expected as their chemistry was so good that it didn't seem like their first time collaborating. It was hard to come by and she had a feeling that Juhyun would be a good addition to her friends list. She would like to get to know this partner of hers better.

"Sure! I’m kinda hungry actually." Juhyun replied while still removing her makeup.

"Do you have anywhere in mind? Or any cravings, a particular place you prefer?"

"Hmm... not really..." She paused. "Why not you decide? I'm not that picky towards food."

"Okay. We can head over to my friend's restaurant!" Yonna exclaimed albeit excitedly. The topic of food never failed to make her happy. And she was already missing Sunny’s food since she skipped their breakfast date for this photoshoot.

"Sounds good! Just give me a minute and we’re good to go." Juhyun chirped, excited to meet new people and to hang out with her new found friend. She almost giggled out loud when she thought of the possibility of her meeting Yoona’s friend. Isn’t it a little too early for that?

 

---

 

Another update before I head out. Did you guys watch the boxing match between Mayweather and Pacquiao? Apparently our girls were. Hahaha! Never thought that Taeyeon's the type to watch boxing matches.

Alright, I've got to logoff. Have a good day, y'all!

-E