Chapter 12

Let Me Love You

Both Tiffany and Taeyeon were silent as the latter drove her to work. The blonde was gripping onto the steering wheel so hard that her knuckles turned white.

Tiffany didn't know what went wrong back there that made Taeyeon so pissed off, but she made a mental note not to provoke her in any way.

"Taeyeon?" She called out softly but received no reply. She looked at Taeyeon who seemed fixated on the road ahead.

"Taeyeon are you okay?" She tried again. This time she reached out to hold onto Taeyeon's arm lightly. That worked and it brought Taeyeon out of her thoughts.

The blonde jerked a little from the touch and turned briefly to look at Tiffany on her right. The brunette was looking at her with concern, her eyebrows knitted together in a slight frown.

"Pardon? Sorry I wasn't listening."

"I asked if you're okay. You seemed a little out of it since we left Sunny's."

"Oh. No, I'm fine," she paused, "sorry."

"It's okay. Just please drive safely? I want to reach work in one piece." Tiffany jokingly said.

"Yes ma'am. I uh... I want to apologize on behalf of Joonhyuk too. He- he's a little straightforward and just says whatever that is on his mind. Sorry if he made you uncomfortable."

"No biggie. I grew up in America, remember? It's something I can take. I was just a little unprepared for that question." Tiffany contemplated on asking more about Yuri but decided against it since the topic seemed very sensitive.

That made her think it was such a waste if Yuri were to be with another female for the rest of her life. She had such good genes that needed to be passed down. But well, not like she can't do it with a female but it's just... different.

"And now you're just staring at me. Why?” Taeyeon felt Tiffany looking at her from the side. “Something on your mind?”

She noticed how the brunette would stare at something or a particular place for a long period of time, which made her look like she was staring blankly into space. In actual fact, Tiffany had thoughts running through her head and she was just trying to piece them together.

"No. Not really..." Tiffany trailed off. Should she or should she not ask? She did not want to upset Taeyeon any further.

"Hey, speak what's on your mind. That's what friends do, right? I'd like to think we're past that awkward stage and are comfortable with each other now." Taeyeon softened her tone and managed a small smile.

She was not going to take her frustrations out on Tiffany no matter how upset she was. She would deal with Joonhyuk another day.

 

---

 

Yoona took out her phone from her handbag and smiled at the name displayed on her screen.

'It's out it's out it's OUT!' The text read, followed by a picture of the advertisement she did for Adidas, which was taken from a fashion magazine.

'Did you buy the magazine just to look at that page, Miss Seo Juhyun?'

'Yes! It was my first endorsement, plus it's with you so it's even more memorable. :p'

'Aww, I'm touched. Maybe I should get a copy myself. So if we happen to make a good pair of endorser, you're gonna buy every single magazine that feature the ads?'

'I think so. Although I'll have to find space in my room to store all the magazines. And make sure Dubu doesn't go near them. He would either rip them off or pee on them.'

'I don't want pee on my face nor body, please. I could supply you boxes.'

'I'll take good care and make sure you're not soaked in pee. I had so much fun that day. Hope we could do it again!'

'I'm sure we will. Before that we could meet for a meal or movie, if you'd like. :)'

Yoona chuckled at the excited reply she got from the actress. She thought the younger girl was shy and girl of a few words but as she got to know more of her, Juhyun was actually a very bubbly and optimistic girl.

What made her respect the actress was her determination to chase her dreams. It was not easy for a young girl like her to decline moving to Australia with her parents. She had to go through all the late night filming, stress and sleepless nights on her own.

She remembered Juhyun saying she had some scenes to film for her upcoming drama today. Since she had nothing to do, maybe she could visit her at the set. It had been a while since they last met and she hoped the younger girl was one who liked surprises.

 

---

 

“Cheers!” The sound of glasses clanked together could be heard as the group of people made their toast. Siwon was with his colleagues in a club downtown to celebrate their success.

They had managed to clinch the deal and their boss was ecstatic thus pulled some strings to get them all into the VIP area of the hottest club in town. They got to order whatever they want, have fun, get high, get drunk and it would all be on his tab.

Of course the old man said he’s too old to party and left his daughter, Kim Hyunwoo, with them. She had started working in the company for two years now, and would always follow her father wherever he went since she’s the successor to the company.

While single men in that group were trying their best to impress the heiress, Siwon sat at the edge and took a sip of his alcoholic drink as he looked at strangers dancing on the dance floor.

He used to attend parties very regularly but toned down ever since he met Tiffany. He was very much devoted to his girlfriend. Although Tiffany liked being around people, she was not the type who would attend a party, mingle with strangers and get high. She did attend some parties with him or with her friends but that's about it.

When he first met Tiffany he thought she was just this loud, outgoing and pretty-looking Asian girl. But when he got the chance to know her better, he figured she was more than that and that was what triggered him to pursue her.

"Why are you so quiet?" A feminine voice rang out right beside his ear. He could feel the hot breath on his cheek, and it smelled like whiskey. Not good, he thought to himself as the alarm rang in his head. 

"Hyunwoo-ssi." He moved to the side a little to create space between them. Half of his was already out of the cushioned seat.

Tiffany would flip if she were to know a female was so close to him. His girlfriend was very possessive and could get jealous easily. But he had to remain polite since it was the boss's daughter, and if he still valued his job plus the possible promotion in the near future.

"Do you want to hit the dance floor?" She asked while twirling the glass in her hand.

"Nah, I'm good. Aren't you going to dance?" He turned to look behind her but found all his colleagues gone to the dance floor.

"No. I don't like dancing alone." She paused and placed a hand on his thigh. "Besides, there's a hunk sitting right here with me. Who in the right mind would miss out this chance?"

He almost jumped out of his seat. "Uh, I'll be right back. I've got a call to make." Without waiting for a reply, he bolted out the door.

He was not going to sit there and flirt with Hyunwoo. Perhaps it was a good time to call his girlfriend to know how she's doing. By the time he got back, hopefully his male colleagues would be back to save him from his future boss.

He shuddered at the thought of her hand on his thigh and that seducing tone she used on him. He was not going to let Tiffany know this happened. Who knows what the brunette was capable of since she could be quite scary when she's jealous.

Hyunwoo smirked and downed her glass of whiskey in a shot as she watched Siwon head out. Out of all her father's management-level employees, she admired him the most. He's good looking, smart and he worked hard to be where he was right now. Definitely one she would want to add to her conquests.

 

---

 

"I-" Her phone started ringing and she immediately knew who it was. She had a ringtone exclusively for her boyfriend so she won't ever miss his calls. She fumbled around her bag to find the device while a small smile appeared on her lips.

"Hey," Tiffany greeted the moment she picked up the call.

It took only three seconds for Taeyeon to know who was on the other line. She went back to gripping onto the steering wheel like her life depended on it as she listened to the call between Tiffany and Siwon. It's not like she could do anything to not eavesdrop on the conversation.

'Hey beautiful.'

"I'm on my way to work. Taeyeon's dropping me off after breakfast at Sunny's." Tiffany paused and listened to Siwon attentively.

'Wow, that's so nice of her. Was the food good?'

"It was awesome. We should go over sometime when you're back. Have you had dinner?"

'Yes, I'm having a great meal. Wish you were here with me.'

Taeyeon tapped her fingers on the steering wheel to randomly while trying to focus on anything but the conversation. She had to stop coming up with possible replies of Siwon in her head. It was like she's the one having the conversation with Tiffany. Sick, totally sick.

"Don't drink too much, you hear? I'm not there to take care of you so you better behave."

'If I were to misbehave will you fly here immediately? We could tour New York. Just the two of us.'

Kim Taeyeon you little piece of . Stop it!

Her prayers were finally answered as she turned into the building's drop-off point. She knew Tiffany would stop the conversation or get down the moment she stopped the car as the latter did not want her to be late for work.

"Alright, I gotta go," Tiffany said as she looked around to confirm her surroundings, "I miss you too. Bye, love you."

Taeyeon exhaled lightly through and plastered a smile on her face. "We've reached. And you're in one piece."

Tiffany returned the smile and nodded. "Sorry, Siwon called and I-"

"It's okay," she interjected, "go on now. You don't want to be late for work." She gestured towards the building.

She knew how important time management was for models. It reminded her of how strict Yoona was with her schedules. Not even a minute late would be entertained if she still wanted the job.

"Okay. I'll see you soon?" Tiffany asked. She wasn't sure if Taeyeon was up to meeting more often but she hoped she could before her schedules become hectic. Was it wrong to feel this attached to a friend?

Perhaps it's still new to her; the job and friends. She was finally back to her hometown having lived in the States for most of her life.

"We could meet for dinner if you'd like. Since there's no more movie plan..." She trailed off, unsure if Tiffany wanted to meet her again at night. It would be their third time meeting this week and it was only mid-week!

"Or not. You decide and let me know? I'll be free." Taeyeon almost smacked herself for adding that last bit of information. It seemed like she was eager, pleading even.

"Tonight?" Tiffany sounded surprised. She had not thought that they would see each other again that soon. Well it sure beats dining alone.

"Sure! Dinner it is! I'll let you know when I'm done. See you, Taeyeon." With that she went out of the blonde's car but not before showing the latter her best smile that made her eyes disappear.

Damn you, heart. Behave! It's just a smile. Stop hitting the rib cage like a lovestruck teenager. Taeyeon placed a hand over her heart as if it would calm the organ down. She might need go get her heart checked if this happens too often.

 

---

 

Tada~ another chapter for you guys.

I'm taking it reaaaaalllll slow. Well, Tiffany is still in denial and poor Taeyeon can't seem to get rid of the attraction. The heart wants what the heart wants eh? 

Thanks for reading and I'll be back soon with another chapter! But not that soon. :p

Have a good day and a great weekend ahead! I LOVE WEEKENDS. Just saying.

-E