Chapter 20

Let Me Love You

"Tiffany! What's wrong with you today?!" The photographer screamed as he passed the camera to his assistant and ruffled his hair in frustration. "You're not in your tip-top condition."

Tiffany bowed and apologized, feeling sorry she wasn't being her usual professional self. Her mind kept replaying the scene when Taeyeon walked out of Sunny's apartment two weeks ago. She had to fight the urge to cry, thus she didn't quite pay attention.

That was the last time she had seen her. Although she still turned up for breakfast as usual with the rest, Taeyeon was never present and none of them commented about it. Did they know what happened? Were they trying to avoid talking about her infront of Tiffany?

She would drop by Sunny's restaurant to see if she could bump into Taeyeon 'coincidentally' but her trips were futile. It was like the blonde avoided her at all cost, or she knew exactly when Tiffany would visit Sunny and prevented appearing at the same time.

"Get your together! We'll take 10 and if you still want to daydream I'll get you replaced. We're running out of time here, Tiff. So help us out!"

She winced at the words. Jaesung was hardly this direct and brutal with his words. She must have irked him greatly. It's true that they were somehow behind schedule because of some hiccup with the outfits. She didn't blame him since it was really her fault, and he must have felt stressed out enough.

She walked towards her bag dejectedly and took her phone out to check for any missed calls or texts. She stared at the wallpaper of her phone when she unlocked her phone. It was a picture of her and Siwon on their previous anniversary.

He brought her out for a nice dinner, they watched a movie and then cuddled up on the couch to watch re-run of dramas. It was like what they did usually, but perhaps it was the special date that made everything seemed more romantic, more loving.

Their 6th was coming up and Tiffany didn't know if she should do something to compensate Siwon. For what, she wasn't sure. She had yet to tell him he was right about Taeyeon. She figured that she had too much emotional strain and she wouldn't be able to handle another fight with him.

He had yet to realize she hadn't been out for quite some time. It was work and then home with the occasional meet up with friends. She went about her life as per usual, pretending to be cheerful when all she could think of was Taeyeon and how the both of them were hurting.

It was affecting everything in her life. Her work, her lifestyle... she couldn't even go to sleep at night without thinking of the expression on Taeyeon's face before she turned to leave. What's worse was Siwon's just asleep beside her on the same bed.

If this were to go on she would be having an emotional breakdown any time soon. It was taking everything in her to not run to Taeyeon and tell her profusely how sorry she was. She wanted her back. She wanted her friend back.

 

---

 

"How are you holding up?" Sunny asked as she slipped into the seat across Taeyeon.

"So far so good," she shrugged and took a sip of her coffee. She had been meeting her friend at this café in an alley near the restaurant.

Taeyeon didn't want to go over because she might see Tiffany there so this place was the safest. She was certain that the model would never know of its existence, remembering how Tiffany had told her she wasn't keen on exploring the vicinity. She usually went to places she was familiar with, or frequented most.

Tiffany again. Thoughts of the brunette would automatically pop up in her mind. Be it her face, her words, and Taeyeon could even hear her voice and laughter in her head at times. She thought she was going crazy with everything Tiffany-related. It was like she never left, and they were fine when they were not.

She missed Tiffany. She could get updates from Sunny and her friends, but she suspected that they filtered the updates and didn't tell her everything. Taeyeon decided to tell her friends what had happened to prevent them from saying the wrong things infront of Tiffany or upset her in any way. Also to inform them she wasn't going to join any of the breakfast or outings if Tiffany would be there. She already took away a friend, so she wasn't going to take the rest of them away from her. She knew how Tiffany liked being with them and vice versa.

Of course she got reprimanded by Yoona and Yuri, both of them stated how selfish she was. Not to them, but to Tiffany and Siwon. However, they also patted her shoulder and told her she did the right thing and that they were proud.

It felt good to have friends who would berate her should she be wrong, but also encourage her whenever she needed it. After all, they knew her best, maybe even more so than Taeyeon herself.

"She came for breakfast earlier this week," Sunny said as she stirred her cup of tea mindlessly, "she doesn't seem good. She didn't say anything but I could see it on her face. She's struggling, Tae."

"I know."

"She's miserable," Sunny paused, "is there no way to get over this? To be how you guys used to be? She was so much happier then. You, too."

"I can't, Sunny-ah. She chose this, remember? It was her decision and I respect that, as much as I'm- we're hurting."

Sunny sighed. Taeyeon had a point. Tiffany made the decision to not see each other, and she didn't state if it was for the time being or for good. Nobody dared to ask. They couldn't even mention Taeyeon's name without fearing Tiffany would breakdown infront of them. It was better to be safe than sorry.

Things were kind of awkward actually. They could see the strong front Tiffany put up and nobody said anything but went along with it. They were in no position to comment on anything so they chose to just go on with the usual bicker and banter.

Tiffany smiled, but her smile didn't reach her eyes anymore. Even if it did, it didn't seem genuine. Yoona told them in private how Tiffany got told off for spacing out during work a couple of times and they were all shocked. It wasn't like the model to do that. She was always a pro when it came to work; a workaholic and learner at the same time, considering how interested she was in the fashion industry.

"I just wish for things to return to how it was," Sunny said softly, "feels weird not seeing you for breakfast."

"Me too, Sunny-ah. You have no idea how many times I thought of that every single day. My stupidness cost me her, and the friendship." Taeyeon sighed and leaned back. "And I miss her," she whispered, "like, so much."

Days or weeks without Tiffany then were manageable since they could still call or text each other. Now Taeyeon couldn't even send a text over. She was afraid of upsetting Tiffany further. Plus there was a high possibility that she wouldn't get a reply, which she would feel even emptier.

 

---

 

'Tiff, my parents are coming back from Europe next week and they want to meet us. When will be a good time?'

The text came while she was on her break. The photoshoot had been alright so far. At least Jaesung stopped screaming at her and she slowly got back on her game.

"Anytime's good. I should be free."

'Okay. It will probably be next weekend. I'll let you know more once we discuss it. Miss you, babe. See you at home later!'

"See you. xo"

She went to her photo library to skim through the pictures she took to kill time. Her finger stopped when her eyes landed on the selca she took with Taeyeon after one of their movie date a while back. She brushed her thumb over both of their smiling faces and she felt herself smiling, genuinely this time.

She had her head tilted towards Taeyeon's and her eyes disappeared with the smile. Taeyeon had her usual her goofy grin. She wasn't one to pay much attention to all the pictures she took, as she would usually just snap multiple shot and they were usually placed into one group so she had to open it up to take a look. And now that she looked at it closely, their eyes sparkled as they posed for the picture. They were really happy then.

She swiped right on her phone screen to go to the previous picture and she found herself focusing on Taeyeon. She had never seen this picture before. It might be when she took a test shot to gauge which angle she should hold her phone at, and whether she could fit them both into the picture. Although the picture was a little blurry, she clearly saw how Taeyeon looked at her.

Taeyeon had a small smile on her face with her gaze on Tiffany. It was gentle and loving. Tiffany shuddered as she felt the hair on her arms stand. She could imagine Taeyeon standing behind her right now, looking at her with that exact expression on her face. So she has been looking at me like that? Guess I was really too oblivious then.

She stared at the picture and spaced out, thinking of the 'what could have been(s)'. This could have been them if they had met each other in their early twenties -that was if Tiffany still lived in Korea- be it as friends or as a couple. As a couple...

She imagined how it would be like and almost burst out laughing. She could imagine Taeyeon being shy and taking things slow while she, on the other hand, would get irritated at how slow they were going. Since she had a preview of how attentive Taeyeon could be, she had no doubts that the blonde would be a good lover. Definitely one of a kind.

"Tiffany!"

She jumped and almost dropped her phone. She locked her phone hastily and looked up to see Jaesung calling out to her.

"Time's up. Let's get this over and done with!" Jaesung clapped his hands and gestured for the models to get ready.

She dumped her phone into her bag and stood up to smoothen out the creases in her dress. She brisk walked towards the backdrop and waited for instructions.

Strangely, after looking at her old photos and the small imagination she had, she felt better and couldn't wait to get the photoshoot done. It sort of motivated and perked her up. Taeyeon always had that effect on her. It was different from Siwon's encouragements, she realized.

Taeyeon didn't even need to say anything. Her presence alone was enough for Tiffany. Was it too late to say that Taeyeon's enough for her?

 

---

 

"Hyunwoo-ssi," Siwon stood up to greet his boss' daughter. He was surprised to see her in his office. "What can I do for you?"

"Daddy told me to work with you on a new project," she answered as she sat on the chair across from him. She found it pointless to call her dad Mr. CEO since everyone in the office knew who she was. She didn't have to pretend to be respectful.

"Oh?" Siwon frowned as he recalled if he heard from his superior but nothing in his mind matched. "When was it decided? As in, us working together. I haven't heard from anyone."

"Well, you know now. It was just decided. We went for a meeting with the client just now, and decided that it's best for us to collaborate."

"I see."

"Are you scared?"

He looked at her and frowned. "Scared? Of what?" His breath hitched as she leaned forward to the table, exposing her cleavage with that low-cut dress she wore.

"Of me seducing you, and you giving in." She smirked as she saw his gaze flicker away immediately.

The way he reacted was refreshing to her as men would usually just gawk at her. Just this point alone was enough to make her decide to pursue Siwon no matter what- even if he's attached.

Yes, Hyunwoo did her own digging. She knew he's with this model named Tiffany Hwang for five going 6 years. A man like Siwon was hard to come by. He wasn't into her money since he had a bucket of his own, and he wasn't into her body, as seen by the way he maintained his gaze above her neck.

Kim Hyunwoo hardly took a liking to any men and would usually just fool around. But she had to get her father to help her out this time. She had her eyes set on Siwon, and would even beg to get him. And Hyunwoo wasn't one to beg for something so if she did, she expected it to be given to her.

"No, Hyunwoo-ssi. I'm afraid I have to tell you I'm blissfully attached." He hoped that it would fend off his future boss. He still tried to be polite since she could end his career as and when she pleases.

"I know," she stood up and leaned forward with her hands on either side of him on the table, "I know."

Siwon gulped as he looked into her eyes to prevent his eyes from wandering off. It was difficult since she would know if he were to glance down even for 0.1 second.

He watched, baffled, as Hyunwoo sashayed out of this office. He swore she swung her hips in exaggeration. He almost laughed at the absurdness of his situation if not for the fact that he knew one thing for sure: what boss' daughter wants, she would get.

Oh boy, he was certain she's out to make his life miserable.

 

---

 

I have no idea why I can only write in the morning when I'm supposed to be in zombie mode. XD And by noon I would be falling asleep at my desk.

Well, so far so good right? Another heavy chapter might come in a chapter or two more. Which means, TaeNy is coming!

They'll resume their interactions. That's all I'm willing to say. XD

-E (who is still spazzing over Soshi's drastic change of hairstyles & hair colour)