Chapter 38

Let Me Love You

"Stop staring at me." Tiffany whined and covered her face with both hands.

She felt embarrassed for being so aggressive, leaving scratches all over Taeyeon's back. She was just over the moon- her girlfriend didn't cheat on her, she bought them a house and she proposed- and before she know it Taeyeon hissed softly into her ear, which halted all her actions.

Laying next to each other, Taeyeon couldn't wipe the smile off her face. She kept looking at Tiffany with a goofy smile. Although the proposal didn't go as planned, she was glad Tiffany said yes without hesitation.

"Why can't I stare at my fiancée?" She wittily replied. Looking at the flushed model, it was different from the aggressive Tiffany from before.

She pulled Tiffany closer and kissed her collarbone. "Thank you for saying yes."

Tiffany removed her hands and smiled. "What's there not to say yes? You've already bought the apartment. It isn't cheap, is it?" She gently caressed Taeyeon's face.

She shook her head against Tiffany's neck. "I can pay it off in 10 years or so. I have savings."

"I have some-"

"No," Taeyeon cut her off sternly, "you can buy us a new car, new furnitures or what not. I'm paying for the apartment."

"Fine. Whatever you say." She yawned and rubbed her eyes.

"Sleep." Taeyeon smiled as Tiffany snuggled closer to her. "I'm kinda glad we got this bed tested out. Tomorrow is the deadline for return and exchange."

"Shut up."

"Love you too. And the scratches you gave me. It stings but I know just how much you love me." She smirked.

"Sleep, Taeyeon-ah." Tiffany sighed, burying her head deeper into the crook of Taeyeon's neck to hide her embarrassment.

"I can't wait to call you my wife." She kissed Tiffany's forehead.

 

---

 

"I can't believe you didn't inform us immediately." Yoona sulked.

"Yeah, what took you so long? Shouldn't you be so happy that you'd tell us first thing in the morning or something?" Sunny glared at them.

"Sorry guys." Tiffany apologized with her sweetest smile that would get her out of trouble with her friends.

"It's not going to work on us, Fany. Nice try though."

Tiffany pouted and leaned back into the chair, accepting her friend's unhappiness. Taeyeon discreetly held her hand under the table and gave it a light squeeze. She looked to her side and smiled together with Taeyeon.

"Oh my gosh, I can't with them. They're like teenagers anytime, everywhere!" Sooyoung threw her arms up and stood up. "I'm going to get more coffee."

The table erupted into laughter as Sooyoung marched towards the bar.

"I better go check on her before she ruins my espresso machine." Sunny stood up and followed Sooyoung, shaking her head at the childish behaviour.

They all knew Sooyoung was just feeling awful that Sihoon was not at her side as he was out for a business trip. Add that to her friends getting engaged or married before her, of course she felt frustrated. She was the only one with boyfriend then. Now, one by one, her friends are getting married and she's still stuck at the same status.

Juhyun looked around the table and realized that the ones sitting around the table are couples. There's Taeyeon with Tiffany, Yuri with Hyoyeon, her with Yoona and Joonhyuk with his real estate girlfriend. Sihoon oppa's out of town and this meant that if he was here, Sunny would be alone. Perhaps it's time to find her a date. Not that Juhyun was one to mingle with other people's business. But it's Sunny they're talking about. The one they'd turn to whenever they have relationship problems. It wasn't fair for her to do that just because she didn't need to deal with such things. She made a mental note to discuss this with the other unnies and oppas. They probably have friends who would have the potential to be something more.

 

---

 

"Daddy!" Tiffany ran into her father's embrace. "I missed you."

Mr. Hwang hugged his daughter as tightly. "I've missed you too, baby girl."

"Dad, I'm no longer a baby girl! I'm getting married!" Tiffany whined and took a step back.

Taeyeon, who stood next to Tiffany shook her head and smiled as her eyes met Mr. Hwang's.

"Oh, come here, you." He pulled her in and gave her a warm hug.

"Thank you for flying down, Sir." Taeyeon politely said and bowed her head a little.

They decided to hold a private wedding ceremony for their friends before flying to LA to get married for real. Mr. Hwang graciously said he would fly down to walk his daughter down the aisle. Afterall, it was his dream to see his daughter get married.

"Taeyeon." He sternly reprimanded with a frown.

"A-appa." Taeyeon stuttered. He did mention he wanted her to call him Appa as Tiffany had been calling him Daddy since young. And the fact that Taeyeon would be family soon. He already sees her as a part of their family.

It slipped off Taeyeon's mind as she had never called anyone Appa before. It would need some getting used to, but nothing too difficult.

The older man grinned and patted her shoulder, liking the sound of how she addressed him. "Shall we? I'm kind of famished actually."

"Y-yes. Let me get that... A-Appa." Taeyeon reached out to the small carry on suitcase and allowed Mr. Hwang to put his arms around his daughter as they chatted on their way to the parking lot.

She smiled as she saw the happiness projected on Tiffany's face. She had been so stressed with the wedding planning and all that she frowns quite often. It was good that her father was here to at least make her feel better.

As she walked, she saw Tiffany's free hand behind her back and her fingers wriggled. Taeyeon knew exactly what she wanted so she strutted to Tiffany's side in no time, grabbing her hand in hers and laced their fingers together. Now they're walking in a row with Tiffany in the middle. It's always these subtle moves that got Taeyeon hooked. Her fiancée was always looking out for her somehow and she's grateful for that.

Thank you for bringing her to me, Umma. I hope you're well up there. You can stop worrying now. I've got my own family, and a man whom I can call Appa. Rest assured I'll take care of myself well. Please continue to watch over us. I love you.

 

---

 

Taeyeon still remembered the first time she saw Tiffany. She wasn't planning on mingling around since she wasn't fond of parties anyway. But then she saw Tiffany Hwang in her red dress and blood red lipstick. She was captivated, to say the least.

She saw her even before she came closer with Sihoon oppa and her then boyfriend, Siwon. Who wouldn't? She was like the prettiest being in the whole room. Her eyes followed Tiffany subtly, watching as she politely greeted Siwon's co-workers, and people whom were mutual friends of the two men.

Her palms started to sweat as she saw them advancing towards where she was sitting. She was staring at Tiffany the whole time, and held her breath as the latter's eyes met hers. She looked away immediately, bringing the cup to her lips and took small sips, trying to calm her racing heart and pretend she wasn't caught staring.

"Hey guys. This is my girlfriend, Sooyoung, and her friends, Yuri, Sunny, Taeyeon and Yoona. And this is my pal, Siwon. We met as I was in America as a transfer student years back."

She looked up and found Tiffany looking at her with a small smile. She returned the smile before Siwon started to speak.

"Nice to meet all of you. And this is my girlfriend, Tiffany."

"Hi! I'm Tiffany! Nice to meet you!" She beamed as she bowed slightly, her eyes locking with Taeyeon again.

Taeyeon smiled along and she knew, she'd be in big trouble in future.

 

---

 

She remembered the first time she went out with Tiffany for a meal, although Sunny was there. She was glad her equally short friend was around. She remembered she got caught by her friend and it was bad but also a wakeup call.

She remembered driving them and having eye contact with Tiffany as their eyes bore into each other's through the rear mirror. She hoped she didn't give herself away then. She was so nervous and with a racing heart, she was so afraid that she would faint then and there. Had to remind herself to stay calm since all of their lives were in her hands.

Dinner was great. She got to know Tiffany a lot more thanks to Sunny and she tried her best to talk. She didn't want to scare Tiffany away actually. She's kinda dumb when it comes to conversations.

Then she successfully gotten Tiffany's number and was glad the latter was willing to give it to her. And just when she wanted to text Tiffany, her wake up call came. Sunny reminded her that Tiffany was happy and was attached. She shouldn't break them up. Taeyeon was not that kind of person. She decided to stay friends. It's gonna be hard on her but she had to.

And how could she forget about that time where Joonhyuk slapped the hard truth into her face infront of everyone, Tiffany included. But it turned out Tiffany swung her way afterall. Kim Taeyeon was this irresistible.

The time they went out for dinner alone, watching movies in the theatre, taking strolls in the park, driving aimlessly in Seoul, having late night desserts...

The first time she held Tiffany's hand, the first time she hugged her, the first time they kissed, and their first night. It was kind of magical and awkward at the same time. They had been with someone but it was their first with a woman. They did not know what to do at first, and wanted to give up as both of them giggled, the mood to make love totally gone.

It was not until the laughter died down and they stared into each other's eyes that got the mood back. Taeyeon took in Tiffany's look- her disheveled hair, smokey eyes, half parted lips- and she dived in again to capture her lips with hers. It was definitely a night to remember.

Of course their relationship wasn't all pleasant. The multiple arguments they got into because of Tiffany's job and Taeyeon's jealousy, Taeyeon not spending enough time with Tiffany because of work, and little things in their daily routine that the other party could not tolerate. It could be small issues like not recapping the toothpaste after use, not putting the towel back on the rack, not cleaning the dishes and leaving it overnight. But they tried to compromise so they could lessen their arguments. Living together was all about give and take. 

It all seemed like it was just yesterday. She could remember exactly what had happened, what she felt at that point of time, and what had been conversed.

Right now, standing at this altar of the church Tiffany had chosen- partly because it was beside a lake. It was beautiful, with glass windows all around it, the church was brightly lit- she was nervous as hell. She never thought she would be the one standing at the altar waiting for her bride in the church. She thought she would be the one walking down the aisle or rather, not getting married at all.

She heard the announcement for guests to stand as the bride was about to head in. She suddenly felt suffocated. She gulped, trying hard to ease herself into this.

Kim Taeyeon, you can do this.

Everything flew out of the window the moment she saw Tiffany behind the flower boy and girl. Tiffany always took her breath away. No words could describe her feelings right now. 

 

---

 

Tiffany smiled brightly as she walked down the aisle, holding onto her father's arm. She gave small nods to her friends and then looked at the love of her life at the other side. Their gaze locked as she slowly advanced towards Taeyeon. When she finally got to her side, Tiffany held in her tears as her father took her hand and placed it into Taeyeon's.

"Taeyeon, I entrust my daughter into your hands now. Make sure to treat her right and love her as much or more than I do. If not, I'll be sure to come after you, you hear?"

Taeyeon gulped and held Tiffany's hand tightly. "Y-yes, appa. I will."

"Miyoung-ah, you're gonna be someone else's wife now. Make sure you behave like one, okay? I know you're my daughter but if you mistreat Taeyeon, I'll come after you too. I see her as my daughter now, we're one family."

"Yes, Daddy. I know." Tiffany sniffed.

Mr. Hwang patted their interlocked hands and went back to his designated seat. He wiped his teary eyes and cleared his throat, paying attention to the ceremony. His baby girl's all grown up. He could still remember the first time he held Tiffany in his arms when she was just a baby. Now she had grown into such decent and beautiful woman. Although he imagined her getting married to a man but he had no complaints. Taeyeon's a good daughter-in-law and he was glad they found each other.

Taeyeon gave Tiffany a wink before they both faced the Pastor, their hands still interlocked.

"Welcome to the wedding of Kim Taeyeon and Hwang Miyoung."

 

---

 

Flower petals and confetti were thrown at them as they walked down the aisle as a newlywed couple. The couple was all smiles and giggly. They finally got married.

Taeyeon tightened the hold on Tiffany as they advanced towards the Audi parked right outside the church. Tiffany raised the bouquet up in the air with her free hand and counted down loudly.

"3!"

Heels clicked and females squealed as they tried to get their way to the center. Sooyoung was the fastest as she wasn't wearing heels due to her height. Yoona and Juhyun slowly strolled towards the center, standing behind Sooyoung. They wanted to give the chance to Sooyoung since she seemed really eager to get married. Whereas Sunny just walked behind Yoona and Juhyun, standing there looking bored. She wasn't looking for a relationship now as her business was her priority. The rest of the female guests who were not married surrounded them and they stared internly at Tiffany's back- her hand, to be precise.

"2!"

Taeyeon held back a snigger as she saw her friends elbowing each other for a good spot through the reflective window of the car. It seemed like they were all very desperate to get hitched. She saw Sooyoung and Suzy looking competitive, and a few of her colleagues vying for that perfect spot. Never knew Suzy was this eager.

"1!"

Tiffany threw the bouquet as high and far as possible towards the back and turned around hastily so she could catch a glimpse of the lucky lady.

Every pair of eyes was on the bouquet as it flew through the air, turning a few times. Foot scrambled and Taeyeon laughed at the comical sight. They were like a flock of goose heading left and right, not caring what they were stepping into. The flowers beside the pavement were ruined, their heels digging into the soil and she could see a few look of disgust on their faces. They must have gotten soil in their toes. Poor ladies.

Both Taeyeon and Tiffany held their breath as the bouquet slowly went down. Everything was like in slow motion. Taeyeon was secretly hoping Sooyoung would get it while Tiffany hoped it would be Sunny- it's about time for her to get attached.

Sooyoung was so sure she would get the bouquet. She got the best location, and the bouquet was coming her way. She stretched her long arms out as far as she could, her eyes sparkling as it came closer and closer to her.

Yoona pulled Juhyun to the side so they wouldn't be trampled by Sooyoung if she decides to step back.

Sooyoung's fingertips touched the bouquet and her heart dropped. No, oh no no no. She tried to reach out to it but failed, the bouquet brushed pass her fingers.

Yoona and Juhyun gasped when the bouquet flew past Sooyoung and landed in Sunny's hands. The latter stretched out her hands to prevent herself from getting hit and the bouquet landed nicely between her hands.

Tiffany beamed and clapped her hands. Yuri, Hyoyeon and Taeyeon joined in a few seconds later. It was like the person who wanted it most was left disappointed whereas the person who least wanted it had the bouquet. Sunny looked at Sooyoung's disappointed look and laughed, stretching her hand out to give her the bouquet.

"Here, take it."

Sooyoung sighed and straightened up. "No, it's okay. It was meant to be yours."

"Come on, just take it. I don't need it anyway." She shrugged, nudging the bouquet towards Sooyoung more.

"Yah! Lee Soonkyu! Don't you dare!" Tiffany screamed.

Sunny rolled her eyes and raised the bouquet. "Alright, alright! I'll bring this home and preserve it, okay?!"

"You better!"

The newlywed waved one last time to their friends and family before stepping into the car, heading back to the hotel to change before going to the airport. They have a flight to catch to their honeymoon destination: Maldives.

 

---

 

"I'm surprised you suggested coming here for our honeymoon." Taeyeon sat up from the lounge chair and reapplied some sunblock.

"Why?" Tiffany took over the bottle, squirt a little sunblock on her palm and helped Taeyeon with her back.

"I thought it'd be somewhere you can shop. Like New York, Paris or something."

"We can always go there in future. It's our honeymoon. Not a shopping trip." She got Taeyeon to lie on her front. She squirt some more sunblock onto her palm and applied them onto Taeyeon's thighs.

"Hm."

Taeyeon enjoyed basking in the sun with Tiffany. It was their third day and they have two more days left before they head back to Seoul. They went snorkeling, they went for a deep body massage, and they went whale and dolphin watching.

"Get up. Now it's my turn." Tiffany slapped Taeyeon's lightly.

Tiffany proceeded to lie down on her front, with her arms folded and cheek pressed against her left arm. Taeyeon got up from her lounge chair and checked if her wife had her eyes closed. She smirked when she found the latter lying there with a small smile on her face, her eyes closed.

She hovered over Tiffany before sitting on her waist. Tiffany felt the weight and opened her eyes.

"Yah! What are you doing?"

"Applying sunblock for you?" Taeyeon replied innocently.

"I don't remember sitting on your back like that."

Taeyeon leaned down and whispered into Tiffany's ear. "That's how I roll. And we haven't celebrated our wedding night. We've been too tired the past 2 days trying out everything this gorgeous place has to offer."

"." Tiffany grunted and continued closing her eyes, her lips tugging up.

Her adorable little y wife. Her wife. She needed to get used to calling Taeyeon her wife. Although it didn't make any difference to their living arrangement nor their responsibilities, it just felt so magical. It's like after the wedding they connected even deeper, if that's possible. The way Taeyeon sensually applied sunblock to her back was making her feel hot and bothered. Damn this Kim Taeyeon.

"Get off me, Taetae." She was sure her tone sounded stern enough.

Taeyeon stopped all her movements and got off Tiffany in a flash. She gulped with the bottle of sunblock still in her hand, thinking that she made her wife upset. That was the last thing she wanted for their honeymoon trip. All she wanted to do was to help apply some sunblock... and maybe something more than that. Go figure.

Tiffany snatched the bottle away from Taeyeon and threw it on the lounge chair she was lying on just a moment ago. She smirked at Taeyeon's horrified face. Grabbing onto the blonde's wrist, she pulled her lightly and stomped into their villa.

"Into the shower. Now." She commanded as she closed the balcony door and locked it. She turned around to face Taeyeon's bemused face.

"Don't think you can start something and act all innocent now, Kim Taeyeon. Shower. Now."

Taeyeon laughed when she understood what Tiffany meant. She silently did a little fist pump and pulled Tiffany into their huge bathroom. She was glad she knew which buttons to push to let Tiffany know what she wanted. And most of the time it worked. Perhaps Tiffany was as whipped as she was with her.

 

---

 

"Thank you." Tiffany kissed Taeyeon's cheek.

"What for?" Taeyeon turned to lie on her side to face her wife. She brushed the hair covering her favourite pair of eyes to the side.

"For staying with me. For taking the leap to confess that day. For always taking good care of me. For placing me before you. For everything you've done for me. For this family and great friends you've given me. For the love you've given me."

Tiffany leaned into Taeyeon's touch as the latter caressed her cheek. "I love you," she whispered.

"I love you too. Thank you for giving me this chance. I- I don't think I can ever live without you, Fany-ah. Please don't ever leave me." Taeyeon's lips quivered as she thought of the possibility of Tiffany leaving her. It was too heartbreaking. It was as if Tiffany was now part of her. Losing her would be losing half of her heart and she wasn't sure if she could survive through it. She might just die.

"Hey, I'm not going anywhere. I mentioned I was here to stay, right?" She wiped the lone tear that trickled down Taeyeon's face with her thumb and placed a chaste kiss on her lips. "You're my dork. Don't think that you're the only one. I can't live without you too."

"It's scary whenever I think of how close we stick together. Look at us, we're together for such a long time and we still behave like teenagers with raging hormones."

Taeyeon stopped drawing circles on Tiffany's and grinned sheepishly.

"You're too enticing."

"You and your cheese."

"Please don't ever get tired of my cheese? Although I might be repeating those in future years. I only have this much capabilities."

Tiffany laughed and snuggled into Taeyeon's embrace. "With cheese or not, I'll love you as much."

"You're right. I should just cut down on my cheese. I see it's infecting you." Taeyeon chuckled.

"Yah!"

"What should we do now?"

"What? What do you mean?"

"I mean, in the movies this type of confession always leads to some form of physical contact right? Like cuddling, kissing or you know, the activity we did earlier. Thrice, if I may add."

"You insatiable little beast."

Taeyeon s her hands down further to Tiffany's bottom and d her favourite part of her wife's body.

"Your insatiable little beast."

 

End.

---

 

I hope it's not too weird to end it here. Think I've covered all (if not almost all) of the aspects of this fanfic? 

I know what I've written was really light and not in-depth. But hopefully you've enjoyed all 38 chapters! It was a fun ride and I'll definitely continue reading and writing. 

Thank you, my readers, for simply following the fanfic and progressing together with me. Thank you for the kind comments. At least I know there are people reading my work and fully enjoyed it. Shoutout to all the silent readers out there, thank you! Thanks for being patient, always waiting for me to update. *Takes a deep bow*

Take care, you guys!

Signing off for the last time,

-E

 

P.S. I still can't get over Taeyeon's mini album. The songs are beautiful. I'm so proud of her. She definitely deserves this opportunity to release a solo album. I love supporting talented individuals. Hopefully there will be more solo works to come for the rest of Girls' Generation.