Chapter 4

Let Me Love You

The party was about to start and guests were slowly starting to stream in. Everyone was amazed by the vast variety of food laid out on the dining table.

It was buffet style and had a mix of cuisines, courtesy of Sooyoung who oversaw this and made sure her guests would be satisfied. And of course, she chose the items she liked or would like to try- she won't go around telling others that.

The couple left their front door opened so guests could step in as and when without them going to the door. Mutual friends of the couple were invited and almost everyone knew everyone, or at least were acquaintances. It was a small and personal birthday party with only a handful of attendees- just the way her boyfriend liked it.

Sooyoung was being a good host, attending to the needs of guests. Everyone was comfortable around their house thus there was nothing much to do apart from chatting up with Sihoon's friends, and making sure everyone was having fun.

 

---

 

"Look! It's super model Yoona! I like you so much! Can I have your autograph?!" A loud voice exclaimed animatedly, earning laughter from everyone. 

"Yah, Eunhyuk, stop making fun of my dongsaeng!" Sooyoung slapped his arm as she made her way towards her friends who had just arrived. 

The man laughed and winked at Yoona, which the latter blushed and shyly smiled, knowing very well that's how Sihoon's friend was like.

"Thanks for coming," Sihoon said as he stood beside his girlfriend with his hand on her waist.

"Happy birthday, Sihoon oppa!" They chirped, earning a wide grin from the man.

"Joonhyuk is not able to come. He's on an emergency business trip to Busan. He sends his apology." Sunny relayed the information she received on her phone before coming to the party.

"That's fine," he paused, "I'll be with my friends now. Enjoy the party, alright? Sooyoung spent a lot of time on this." He ruffled his girlfriend’s hair lightly before stepping away toward his friends.

"Sooyoung-ah. Where do we put the present?" Taeyeon asked, in her hand was a paper bag with their present to Sihoon. All of them chipped in to get him something he had wanted to get, and hopefully their friend wouldn't murder them after knowing what it was.

They knew how Sooyoung and Sihoon quarreled over the latter wanting to purchase the newest game console. None of them wanted to compromise, so they dropped the topic altogether. Sihoon understood how he'd get addicted to the games and neglect his girlfriend. But he needed something to destress too, other than hanging out with his friends or girlfriend.

The pros and cons of purchasing the PlayStation 4 console as a birthday present were discussed as a group, on whether it was worth being nagged by Sooyoung for a period of time. They thought it's about time for Sihoon to have some fun apart from games that were on his phone and tablet. And to give him something he'd really appreciate, to show their appreciation for always tolerating with their friend's unusual requests and tantrums.

The taller girl eyed the paper bag suspiciously, making Taeyeon gulp in reflex. "Just leave it there. With that pile of presents," she replied, pointing towards the corner of the room where there were already a few presents lying on the desk.

"I hope you guys got him something useful this time round. Who in the right mind would give him matching aprons when none of us cooks?! Although I have to say it kinda spiced up our... bedtime activity," Sooyoung said with a dreamy expression.

Yuri smacked her at the back of her head and gave her a warning glare. Their youngest friend was there and she didn't want to corrupt her mind. It was already a mystery how Yoona managed to stay sane throughout the years.

"That's okay, Unnie. Nothing she says verbally could affect me as much as what I saw last year with my own eyes." Yoona laughed after her sentence brought a frown onto Sooyoung's face.

"Can we not talk about that?" She huffed.

"Anyway, nice party," Taeyeon exclaimed after taking a glance at the dining table. "Are you trying to feed the whole town?"

"Shush. I'd rather have leftovers than to be underprepared. Besides, there's Yoong and I, what's there to be afraid of?"

"Yeah, it's a great timing 'cause I need to gain some weight before the next photoshoot. The company said I don't look healthy." The youngest pouted. She had a big appetite but she couldn’t seem to gain any weight, so it’d be a challenge.

"Hallelujah!" Sooyoung lifted her hands up and praised whichever company that wanted her friend to gain weight. A healthy-looking Yoona is much better, although it’s not her fault for being skinny.

Sunny smacked Sooyoung at the back of her head for her sudden outburst. "Behave, you. You're wearing such a pretty dress and for once, looking classy. Don't ruin it."

Sooyoung rubbed her head and grinned sheepishly. She almost forgot she was hosting a party and there were other guests around.

 

---

 

"Hey guys," Sihoon called out to them as they were happily chatting. They stopped and looked up, behind him stood two strangers that they had never seen before.

Taeyeon watched Sooyoung move towards her boyfriend and turned her attention towards the pair standing behind Sihoon. The man was very good looking, wearing a t-shirt beneath the suit jacket and with a pair of jeans. The woman was wearing a off-shoulder red dress that fell slightly above her knees, with her hair falling over her left shoulder.

All of them stood up from where they were seated and eyed the couple before turning to look at one another. None knew what was going on or who they were. They could only wait for Sihoon to make the introductions.

"This is my girlfriend, Sooyoung, and her friends. Yuri, Sunny, Taeyeon and Yoona," Sihoon held Sooyoung close to him and introduced them one by one, according to where they were standing. "And this is my pal, Siwon. We met when I was in America as a transfer student years back."

The suave-looking man smiled and bowed, looking at each of their faces like he was trying to match the face with name. "Nice to meet all of you. And this is my girlfriend, Tiffany." He gestured towards the woman standing beside him.

"Hi! I’m Tiffany. Nice to meet you!" The woman in red introduced herself with a slight bow.

And Taeyeon found the end of her lips tugged upwards, influenced by the pair of eyes that disappeared as Tiffany smiled.

 

---