Chapter 36

Let Me Love You

Tiffany rushed to the bar as soon as the rehearsal ended. There was a delay in one of the segment so it ended later than expected. She didn't want Taeyeon to wait alone for so long thus she didn't even remove her thick makeup, but changed into comfortable clothes and waved goodbye to all her colleagues.

The bar was crowded as she got there, since it's dinner time, and she craned her neck to spot her girlfriend's blonde hair in the midst of all other patrons. Finally, she caught sight of Taeyeon seated at the bar.

She pushed her way through and she was just a few feet away from Taeyeon when she heard her unique laughter. Her vision was on her girlfriend but as she shifted her sight to the brunette beside Taeyeon, her eyes dimmed. Nana. Of course she knew who that fashion designer was. Her designs were part of the show but not showcased through Tiffany's team.

Nana had her hand of Taeyeon's shoulder, as if supporting herself as she gasped for air. Tiffany clutched onto the strap of her bag and took deep breaths. God knows how much she wanted to stomp over, slap Nana's hand away and kiss Taeyeon senseless to show who's the boss. Nobody touches her property. Nobody. But she couldn't.

She made sure she had her emotions in check before advancing towards the laughing duo. It took her weeks to get Taeyeon this comfortable with her and Nana did it in what? Four hours? As she got closer, she noticed the empty glasses and plates infront of them. Had Taeyeon been drinking? Was she drunk? Tiffany knew how bad Taeyeon's alcohol tolerance was -she learned it the hard way- so she forbid her girlfriend to drink without her.

She stopped in the middle of the two of them, placing her hand on Taeyeon's shoulder. The spot Nana touched previously.

"Hey."

Taeyeon turned and her eyes widened in shock before curling up as she smiled at Tiffany.

"Hey. You're here."

Nana took a sip of her drink as she observed the two of them. So Taeyeon was waiting for this model? She remembered Tiffany Hwang, the rising star of their industry. There were great reviews of her professionalism and hardworking attitude.

"Oh, right, Nana, this is Tiffany. Tiffany, Nana." Taeyeon introduced the two of them and scooted to the next stool, allowing Tiffany to sit between them.

"Pleasure." Nana stretched her hand out for a handshake.

"Pleasure's all mine." Tiffany shook her hand and plastered a smile on her face. No matter what, image matters, especially infront of a designer.

"Well, looks like I've got to go. It's great talking to you, Taeyeon." Nana stood up, placed some bills on the table and waved to Taeyeon before giving Tiffany a polite nod.

Tiffany watched as Nana sashayed out of the bar before letting out the breath she didn't know she was holding in.

"Are you hungry? Shall we just eat here?" Taeyeon covered Tiffany's hand with hers and gave a light squeeze before retracting her hand.

They agreed to not show too much skinship outside of their hotel room, unless they're out and somewhere far away from where they're staying.

The gentle and caring gaze of Taeyeon almost made her anger dissipate. Almost. She stared at her girlfriend to spot any reddened cheeks but found none. Her eyes were clear and sparkling, which meant Taeyeon haven't been drinking alcohol. So those were mocktails? She felt her heart swell with warmth when she realized Taeyeon listened to her afterall.

"Why are you looking at me like that? Are you very tired? Shall we head back to our room then? We could just order room service." Taeyeon frowned as she swept Tiffany's bangs to the side and took a good look. She seemed fine, perhaps just a little lethargic.

"You know what, never mind. Let's just go back." Taeyeon got up from the stool and grabbed Tiffany's large duffel bag. "I'll carry this for you. Come on, up."

Tiffany extended her hand towards Taeyeon, palm facing down before looking at her expectantly. Taeyeon knew what she wanted so she grabbed Tiffany's hand and pulled. As Tiffany got up, she wanted to let go of her hand but the model held on, hugging her arm.

Taeyeon shot her a confused look but Tiffany only returned with an eyesmile. She shrugged as they made their way back to the lobby before proceeding up to their room. She didn't mind the skinship or Tiffany being clingy.

"Did Nana approach you first at the bar?"
Tiffany asked as they waited for the elevator. She couldn't wait till they get to their room. She had to know. Now.

"Yes, she did. Or rather, she just struck up a conversation since we were the only ones sitting at the bar." Taeyeon replied nonchalantly, eyes focused on the descending numbers.

"You seemed really comfortable with her."

Taeyeon noticed the bitter tone and draped an arm over her girlfriend's shoulder, bringing her closer.

"Don't be jealous. We were both just killing time by chatting. You know she's a fashion designer?"

"Yes, I do. The other team's in-charge of her designs."

Tiffany sighed, still unable to get that nagging feeling off her chest. Taeyeon's a reserved person, so she didn't understand how Nana managed to get her comfortable enough to be talking and laughing like they've known each other for some time.

"Phew, I'm glad I didn't tell her about us then."
The door of the elevator opened and they both stepped in. Taeyeon scanned the room card before pressing the lift button.

Tiffany was staring into space before Taeyeon kissed her temple. She turned to see a grinning -and annoyingly adorable if she may add- Taeyeon wriggling her eyebrows at her.

"Yah, what are you doing?" She laughed.

"Did I ever mention how much you whenever you're jealous?" Taeyeon kept her volume low and her lips subtly.

Tiffany raised a brow and crossed her arms across her chest. "Are you seducing me right now? In the elevator? Really?"

"Is it working?"

Tiffany threw her head back and laughed. She gave Taeyeon a quick peck on the lips.

"Dork."

"So? Is it working? Am I getting some tonight?" Taeyeon continued wriggling her eyebrows, totally enjoying Tiffany's laughter. It was like music to her ears.

"Maybe."

The elevator door opened, signaling they've reached their level. Tiffany held Taeyeon by her wrist and pulled her out of the elevator, dragging her back to their room.

Oh Taeyeon's definitely getting some tonight.

 

---



"Juhyun-ah." Yoona called out to the actress walking ahead of her, heading towards her apartment.

"Hm?" she turned back and was greeted by Yoona's face that was just a few inches away from hers. "Wh-what?"

"I-I..."

Yoona stuttered, staring at the blushing actress. She's beautiful, and the way she went red all over her body made her even more endearing. She almost forgot what she wanted to say.

Juhyun's eyes flickered to and fro Yoona's, before shyly looking away. The gaze the latter was giving her gave her goosebumps and she felt her heart pounding against the ribcage.

Yoona cleared and suppressed the urge to kiss the adorable being right there. "L-let's get in first."

"Oh, o-okay."

Juhyun's fumbled with her keys, and dropping them as a result of shaking too much. She was dying of anticipation, as well as the suspence. What did Yoona want to tell her?

Once she successfully opened the door, she left the door open for Yoona while she took off her heels. The door closed with a small click and she spun around, about to ask Yoona if she wanted a drink. But what happened next made her drop everything she had on hand- her bag, keys and the heels she was about to put on the shoe rack.

Yoona stepped forward and kissed Juhyun on the lips. She had wanted to do this a few weeks ago but couldn't find the right time. It was getting on her nerves what a coward she was. Just kiss her and confess, damn it! And so she did. Although not as romantically as she thought in her head but at least it's something.

Not sensing any reaction from the actress, Yoona pulled away and chuckled at the sight. Juhyun had her eyes wide open, agape and her body as red as a lobster.

"Breathe, Juhyun-ah, breathe." Yoona placed a hand on her cheek and caressed gently with her thumb.

Juhyun snapped out of it and stared at Yoona. Did she just...

"Wh-why.. You.. B-but.. Wh-"

It was a good sign that Juhyun didn't push her away or inflict any physical pain on her. This meant that she wanted this too, right? That she felt the same? Because Yoona had been testing the waters before finally starting her plan. She even got Taeyeon and Tiffany to help, and the results came out positive; Juhyun was as interested as she was with her.

She didn't pull back when Yoona held her hand, she didn't stand further apart when their hands brushed across each other multiple times, and from what she heard from Tiffany, the actress didn't like people asking for Yoona's number. She grinned widely. The way Juhyun was behaving made her feel like kissing her again. And so she did.

This time round Juhyun timidly reciprocated, her arms stiffly going around Yoona's neck. Was this really happening? Were her prayers finally answered?

"Breathe, Juhyun-ah." Yoona pulled back slightly and whispered, their lips still touching.

Juhyun felt her hot breath on her lips and she almost fainted as she felt her blood rushing to her ears. She heard Yoona's chuckle and her lips tugging up before their lips sealed together for the third time that night.

 

---

 

"Are you sure? I mean if you don't feel comfortable I can always go alone. I've been heading to this award thing alone all these while anyway." Taeyeon shrugged and tugged a loose strand of hair behind Tiffany's ears.

They were cuddling on the couch when Taeyeon suddenly brought up the annual award ceremony she had to attend this weekend. It was a ceremony where every organization in each industry would attend to broaden their network and to know their competitors, as well as to receive recognition for the great things they've done for the industry or country as a whole. They can choose to bring along a date but Taeyeon had been attending it alone since she didn't want to bring just anyone.

Tiffany contemplated and agreed to go with her, although Taeyeon didn't even ask. The latter was merely just informing Tiffany of her schedule so she could plan hers as well. It would be the first event they attend as a couple publicly. Which meant word would get out that they're dating. She wanted to be there, to know the people Taeyeon had worked with, was working with and would be working with. Who they are, what they look like. But really, all she wanted to do was to be a supportive girlfriend. She knew how Taeyeon disliked these things she had to attend. So maybe her presence there would make it bearable to stay till the end.

"We've been together for like, 3 years. And I'm not planning to go anywhere... unless you're planning to?" Tiffany lifted her head up from Taeyeon's neck and looked into the brown orbs.

Taeyeon shook her head and kissed Tiffany's forehead. "Nope. I'm sticking to you like superglue." She then grinned.

"So I think it might be a good time to announce you're mine?"

"Ah," Taeyeon nodded knowingly, "you just wanted those girls to know I'm taken, huh?"

"That's just a small part. I wanna be there for you. You dislike these bull parties, no?"

Taeyeon laughed and pulled her girlfriend closer. "Yeah, that I do. So you've really thought it through? Your pictures might be all over the web though. I mean there'd be reporters. Loads of them since the big shots would be there."

"Never been surer."

Tiffany burst out laughing at Taeyeon's wide smile which looked like Totoro.

"Thank you."

"What for?"

"For being sure."

Her heart was about to explode with all the happiness she felt. She, too, wanted to declare to the world that Tiffany Hwang was hers, Kim Taeyeon's.

Tiffany was at the peak of her career, and she's doing better compared to those models who entered the industry the same time she did. It's scary how popular she got over the years, and Taeyeon was proud. She wasn't sure if them coming out would affect this, but if Tiffany was determined, who was she to say no? Afterall she's got nothing to lose, the spotlight would never be on her. She'd protect her girlfriend no matter what.

Tiffany could start her own fashion line if she wanted to, since Taeyeon had some savings left to invest. Heck, she'd try her best to find funds, she was willing to beg her friends if she had to. She would to do anything to make Tiffany happy.

 

---

 

"How do I look?" Tiffany asked as she twirled left and right to assess the dress she had on.

"You look great, Unnie. The dress suits you." Yoona nodded her head, as if agreeing with herself.

"You look beautiful." Taeyeon stared at Tiffany through the mirror. That was the only thing that came to her mind. Her girlfriend looked gorgeous with this white off-shoulder dress that ended slightly above her knees, her hair swept to one side and with matching heels.

"Urgh. I'm getting out of here." The youngest gagged and grabbed her bag that was on the bed. "Both of you have fun alright? I'm gonna go look for Juhyun."

"Lovestruck."

"Same goes for you, Unnie." Yoona fired back and waved goodbye before going out of the apartment.

Tiffany smiled as she felt a pair of arms encircling her waist. "Beautiful, huh?"

"Yes. You're so beautiful."

She cringed as she pried Taeyeon's arm off her waist, before placing a kiss on her cheek. "Thanks, but I think that's enough compliments for today."

"Are you ready? We got to set off."

Tiffany took one last look at the mirror and exhaled loudly through .

"Hey," Taeyeon rubbed her back gently, "it's okay to back out now, you know. I mean they wouldn't even care if I brought a date or not and-"

"It's not that. I'm nervous."

Taeyeon laughed and kissed her bare shoulder. "And why is that? It's not like we're getting married, Fany-ah. Let loose will you? It's just a social event."

The model involuntary shivered at the mention of marriage. She would be lying if she said she haven't thought of marrying Taeyeon, but the latter didn't seem to have that kind of thoughts so she kept to herself.

She liked the way they were right now. It already felt like they're married to each other for a long time. They went through the ups and downs of a married couple as they were cohabiting, so it was inevitable to fight over the habits they have that might have irked the other.

Taeyeon saw the blush on her cheeks and smirked, leaning closer to Tiffany's right ear. "That's right. You heard me. I'm going to ask you to marry me," she paused, "one day."

Tiffany blushed harder as Taeyeon's hot breath was making her bothered. And the confession of her girlfriend out of nowhere fueled the want to just pack their bags and fly to Las Vegas immediately.

"And by then, make sure you're ready." Taeyeon whispered huskily into Tiffany's ear. She chuckled lightly when the latter squirmed, obviously bothered by it.

"But before that, we got a ceremony to go to. Let's go." Taeyeon laced their fingers together and pulled lightly, a sign for Tiffany to follow her. And she did.

 

---

 

Tiffany followed Taeyeon wherever she went, partly because she knew no one else here and because her girlfriend wouldn't let go of her hand no matter what. She met Taeyeon's colleagues, and a few acquaintances of hers. They had some small talk before Taeyeon excused themselves so they could grab a bite.

"Taeyeon-ah, why won't you let go of my hand? It was so awkward. I should be sitting somewhere drinking champagne or something."

"The purpose of you coming here was showing everyone that I'm yours and you, mine right? I did just that. This basically meant 'this is my woman, back off'. And no to the sitting alone. I don't want random men coming up to you asking for your number, or a drink with you. Who knows what they have in mind."

"Dork." Tiffany squeezed their interlocked hands.

"Come on, grab a plate." She instructed as they reached the buffet spread.

Tiffany did as she was told but frowned when Taeyeon didn't let go of their hand. "Tae, you should let go. How am I supposed to grab food like that?"

"I'll do it." That said, Taeyeon took up the tongs with her free hand and started piling food onto the plate Tiffany was holding.

Tiffany had to laugh at that. "Seriously? Kim Taeyeon, you're a manager for God's sake. Behave like one."

"What? No letting go means no letting go. And it's not like I'm doing something childish. Taking care of your girlfriend's stomach is pretty suave, don't you think?"

She shook her head at the stubborn -yet cute- girlfriend and kept quiet, letting her do whatever she wanted. Did she mention how much she loved this side of Taeyeon? The confident, I-know-what's-mine attitude and the possessiveness. Especially the possessiveness.

They sat down at the empty table a distance away from the stage and buffet spread. Taeyeon finally let go of Tiffany's hand so they could eat easily. They were so immersed in their own world that they didn't notice the duo coming towards them.

"Tiffany. Taeyeon."

They looked up to see Siwon with his date. They were surprised to see him there but greeted him like an old friend, and bowed slightly to his date.

"I saw you guys here so I thought to come by and say hi. This is my fiancée, Park Jiyeon."

"Congrats, Siwon!" Tiffany gave him a friendly hug and turned her attention to Jiyeon. "Hi, I'm Tiffany Hwang."

Taeyeon went around the table and placed her hand on the model's waist. "Congratulations to you both. I'm Kim Taeyeon."

Jiyeon looked at how close the two of them were and it suddenly clicked in her mind. Taeyeon noticed that look and smiled to herself, before adding, "Tiffany's girlfriend."

The model nudged Taeyeon but kept the smile on her face. What the hell?

Jiyeon blushed and shook her head, embarrassed that she was caught. "You two look great together. I heard from Oppa, but it's a different thing seeing you both in flesh."

"So you've been badmouthing me behind my back?" Tiffany playfully complained, earning laughter from Siwon.

"Only the good stuff, Tiff, only the good stuff."

They chatted for a while more before Siwon went over to his colleagues with Jiyeon, but not before inviting the both of them to his wedding later this year.

"Christmas wedding, huh?" Taeyeon commented after the couple left.

"Sounds dreamy and pretty."

"You like that? Christmas wedding?" She tilted her head and looked at Tiffany. Her girlfriend had this look on her face like as if she was anticipating a wedding like that.

"I don't think the season matters. What matters most is the person standing beside me at the altar."

"Point taken. I'll give you a pinkish, fluffy and princess-y wedding." Taeyeon said in a determined tone and placed her hand atop Tiffany's, giving it a light squeeze.

"Y-yah, who said anything about marrying you?" Tiffany blushed and retracted her hand. What's with Taeyeon and all these marriage talks all of a sudden? Was she trying to hint that the big day would be around the corner? But it wasn't like her to drop hints like that.

No, Tiffany Hwang, don't get your hopes high up. Remember how you were thinking of marriage for years before Siwon proposed -and at the wrong time- to you? Although it would be different since the person you're going to spend the rest of your life with is now Taeyeon, you should be happy with the current status.

"I said so."

"You annoying little-"

Tiffany didn't manage to finish her sentence as she was silenced by Taeyeon's lips. It tasted like the marshmallow she had for dessert. She sighed and relaxed into the kiss, placing her hand on Taeyeon's cheek.

Maybe, just maybe, she could plan to surprise Taeyeon. It had always been Taeyeon taking the initiative. Perhaps it was Tiffany's turn? Would Taeyeon like that? Would she be able to come up with one heck of a proposal? Because right now all she wanted was to become Mrs. Kim Taeyeon.

 

---

 

Phew, another chapter down! Do you feel it? The big day is nearing! But of course I'm not going to tell you who is going to propose, that spoils all the fun don't you think? :p

Thank you for the subs and comments, as well as all the silent readers! Never would've had the motivation to continue this story without you readers. ^^

P.S. I might be able to finish this story in 40 chapters afterall.

On a side note, Soshi's going to end their promotions soon. I'm kinda sad but they did well! Loved both Party and Lion Heart. I'm so proud of them. 

-E