EPILOGUE

Complete
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

A/N: I changed the name of their babies keke…

 

 

E P I L O G U E

 

 

 

 

 

"When you come closer while smiling for me

It feels like all the happiness in this world is mine."

~complete (snsd)

 

 

Seo Hyun yawned tapping her little one’s bottom gently— her energy was about to wane especially her hand for she felt sleepy, herself. Baby Yong woke up very early again and demanded to be carried. She pretended to be in deep sleep so her husband would take him but he seemed to be pretending to be in deeper sleep than her that, eventually, she took their son out of the bedroom. It was going to be a very hot day again, she warned herself as some sun rays settled on the other side of the bench. The cool sea breeze touched her face and made some strands of her hair splayed that even touched his little face; she laughed when he crinkled his nose. After fixing her hair, she slowly ran a finger on his face but careful not to wake him. His eyes and nose perfectly shaped like his dad, most especially his lips. Her nine-month old little baby looked like his Appa... little Yong Hwa, as she called him sometimes.

 

Just the other day, they celebrated their fourth wedding anniversary and it was quite memorable since there are four of them now. Before it was only them and Euna, who was born a year after they got married. Thankfully, after their brief exploits on their first 'random wedding' and the next day after that, she did not conceive or she really believed that her mother was going to skin her alive. And now, they have baby Yong. They actually planned to have a baby after she finished graduate school but Euna came earlier than expected and they moved the plan for their next baby and good thing, they succeeded on the attempt. Seo Hyun still wanted to work but her family was her top priority so she settled into being a homemaker. Probably, if the kids are older and her husband would agree, she would find a job.

 

Every year, they would celebrate their anniversary with simplicity. They still believe that being together is a celebration itself. So, the four of them were just lazying inside the house, watching TV in the morning and they let the kids play in the beach when it was not too hot during the afternoon while they stayed under a shade reading a book together. Yong Hwa was supposed to go to work early that morning but he was still sleeping and she wondered if she should wake him or not.

 

She sighed, noticing one wooden plank by the steps that was needed to be fixed, she always forget to mention that one to him. Euna tripped over one afternoon and lost her two front teeth, Seo Hyun became frantic when she wailed almost breathlessly and Baby Yong got scared that her Nuna was crying so he started crying too. She was alone with the kids that time and he was in a site visit that she ended up cradling both their kids until the two fell asleep in tears. Later, she would tell him to hammer that before leaving for work.

 

After their wedding, Yong Hwa decided to have the beach house renovated and make it bigger after they agreed to live there. Since it was a few minutes drive from his office, it was really more comfortable and it was a plus that they could have the beach for themselves all year long. They moved when their eldest was born and though it was difficult for them being new parents, they managed to get by without her mom’s help. Besides, her father was not getting any better for them to bother her still.

 

“Umma...”

 

Her train of thought was halted when the sliding door opened and her little girl emerged holding a pack of biscuit. She scratched her eyes wearily while her shoulder length jet black hair danced with the wind. “Hey baby...” Seo Hyun smiled gesturing for the little girl to come closer to her and she ran a hand on her fringes as the little girl buried her face between the gap of her baby brother's waist and her mom's stomach, “Sleepy still?”

 

Euna looked up to her mom smiling with two front teeth missing after the accident, “Open...” showing the biscuit.

 

“Please open...” she corrected.

 

“Open please, please, please...” she stomped her feet as her brows meet in impatience.

 

“Okay... okay...” She smiled balancing her baby boy so that she could still use both hands to open the package. Euna finally smiled, stuck out her tongue in expectation and hopped happily when she handed the pack. After putting one in , she tiptoed to her mom and placed a piece in hers too. Seo Hyun smiled as she took the biscuit but furrowed her brows when her baby she placed a hand under her chin. With her free hand, she removed the remaining food in and asked, “Huh? What? You want your biscuit back?”

 

She shook her head, took the biscuit from and grinned, “Imma catch your crumbs, mommy.”

 

“Awww! Okay... but you can't eat your cookie...”

 

“Ichukey, you eat first...” she muttered seriously then took the pack again when she was convinced that no more crumbs would go out from her umma’s lips, “This is for baby Yong...”

 

“Aigoo...” Seo Hyun smiled brushing her fringes to the side again. Euna needs a haircut already. “Euna, how about Appa? Aren’t we going to give him biscuit?”

 

The little girl only shook her head vigorously, “No... no... no for Appa...”

 

“Why is that?”

 

“Uhm lazy bird no worm catch, Umma...”

 

She laughed remembering one story on her book about the early bird catching the worm for breakfast. After letting her say it correctly, she explained, “Oh, okay... but Appa is not lazy, he was working last night...”

 

“Uh-huh?” She creased her brow but twitched her lips and shook her head, “But still no biscuit!”

 

“Arasso, little girl... why don't you go in and watch Haechi while I put baby Yong back to bed?”

 

“Okay!” She ran sliding the door for her and continued talking, “Umma, can I play pyuter later?”

 

“Only if you're done answering your workbook, Euna Nuna...”

 

“De!”

 

After putting back her baby in the crib, Seo Hyun decided to wake her husband. She stood akimbo after closing the door when she noticed how deep he must be sleeping considering the time.

 

He pulled the comforter higher to cover him up to his shoulders and settled deeper into the pillows. His arms seemed to hurt a bit since Euna was on her bad mood the whole day and did not want anybody but him. Seo Hyun let him handle their daughter and just like some magic she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter