Four (Me and My Five-Day Boyfriend)

Complete
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

DAY THREE: A Ride to Sunset

 


“Seohyuna! Illuwa! Someone’s here to see you!!!!”

I was watching Keroro and then…

I sat up and scratched my head with a yawn. “Friday… uhm!” I yawned again as I look at my clock. 6:25. Still early, so I slumped back to bed and pulled the covers up to my head and get some more—

Wait…

My mom just called? I sat up and listened for a short while. Maybe it was part of the dream sequence… so “… haaaaaa… a few minutes more…”

“YA!”

I sat up before my body could even touch the bed. It wasn’t a dream after all. And she was calling again, I bet she’s standing by the stairs waiting for me to show myself.

“Seohyuna! One last call and I’m off to drag your out here, young lady!”

“Arasso!” I grumbled back, “It’s too early, Umma!” I yelled as I tie my hair in a lousy bun.

“Don’t you early me! Ya! It’s not my fault this person is here to see you this early!”

Whatta?! Someone?! Ottoke! This can’t be happening! I slapped my face three times and his voice came back from last night! Waaaaaa! There’s no way I’m going out there!

“SEOOOO…HYUN!!!!!!!!!!”

Aigo, aigo, aigo…

One…two…three…

I buried my face deeper on the pillow until—

SMACK!

Awwww! I cried in pain and turned to find my mother with all those rollers dangling on her hair and my dear Yoona rolling on the floor laughing her heart out.

“YAAAAHHHHHH!”

I managed to scream in annoyance. “What do you think you’re doing?”

“Seohyun… Seohyun… you should have seen yourself!” The words hardly left because of her laughter. And my mom’s laughing like a loon. 

“APPA!!!!!!” I grumbled kicking my limbs in the air. “Why????? Why do you have to leave me so soon?!”

“Aigoo…” My mom sat beside me and pulled the comforter where I was hiding, “My little pet, who do you think came to see you this morning?”

“Don’t talk to me…” I mumbled almost suffocated by the pillow. I felt Yoona’s weight on my own body as she lay down on me again, “Awww! Unnie! Get off me!”

Those were some rare moments I would call her that—when I am terribly upset with her or terribly sad. Now, I am both. 

“Aigoo…” Yoona pulled my arms up but I let my hair spread on my face, “We’re sorry…”

“Ya! Why do you have to gang up on me like that?!” I grumbled since I could hear their giggles.

“Good morning, my precious,” my mom drew my hair off my face and placed her palms on my cheeks, “Uri Seohyuni is thinking of a boy now?”

“I.AM.NOT!”

“Aigoo… I was listening to his show last night and he said good words to uri Seohyun. Did you hear Yoona?”

“De… he’s really sweet and very handsome!”

“More handsome than Nichkhun?” I glared at her.

“Not as handsome as Khunie Oppa!”

“Aigoo, these girls, finally arguing who has the more handsome boyfriend!”

“Aniyo!” this two really!

“Seohyunie, I think this Yong DJ is a nice boy, why don’t you invite him over so I could at least get to know him.”

“But mom! It’ just a pretend relationship and only for five-short days… it’s over before I know it…”

“Still, let him come here and I will also pretend to be her mother-in-law for five days!”

“Ottoke… I’m going crazy with you two… please leave me alone!”

~~~

I walk aimlessly by the open field outside school unsure where to go. I don’t want to go home yet because my mom would surely bug me on asking Oppa to come and eat with us. I don’t want to look for Yoona since she would surely be pushing me into having a double date. And I’m so tired of reading. 

Sigh.

“A penny for your thought?”

I almost tripped on my own foot as I turned to find him walking behind me—he’s hands on his jacket’s pockets. 

“Oppa… how—“

“How did I find you here?” He said finally walking beside me while looking ahead, “I was about to call you to come out and meet me here but I saw you walking so I just followed.”

“You have been following me?” I sprinted two inches away from him and walked backwards so I could face him as we talk.

“Hmmm… not for a long time though, I just made sure nobody would see us,” he winked with an evil smile.

It was a little contagious so I smiled myself and turned towards the other direction.

“Seohyuna, let’s go somewhere today.”

He said from behind so I answered without looking at him, “Where to?”

“You’ll see when we get there… kaja…”

He said and I was just surprised when his hand was already on mine, gently pulling to a nearby parking lot. Suddenly, my stomach was churning.

Does this mean?


I’m hungry.

“Oppa, can we grab something to eat on our way?”

“Sure…”

I looked around trying to guess which car was his as we walked on. And he—was securing my hand. Basically, Yoona said I would feel something but I can only feel my stomach growling so, I am most likely normal.

He stopped by a motorcycle and unbuckled two helmets—one black and a white one.

“We’re riding that?”

“We’re riding this...” he proudly patted the seat then looked seriously at me when I did not answer, “Wae? Did you think Oppa is rich?”

“Aniyo!” I shook my head then mumbled, “It’s just that…” I thought for awhile but, oh well. “You know how dangerous it is to drive motorcycle in a highway?” He was eyeing me weirdly so I just smiled, “Aniyo… kaja!”

Finally, he laughed as he fitted the white helmet on my head, “Okay, Seohyun-ssi, I’ll make sure you are safe while riding my bike, okay?”

“I think I can trust you then.”

“Good… hop in.”

And so I hopped in and figured out how to ride that thing. I was so self-conscious as to where to put my hands fearing for the life of me if I don’t grab hold on any part of his back. His shoulders were the safest.

“Ready?” He asked as I mumbled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter