Five (Me and My Five-Day Boyfriend)

Complete
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Day Four: My First Dinner Date

 


Yoona was retelling all about what happened on his show that night. I listened and pretended not to know about it. It really amazed me that it seemed like a big deal for him considering it was just a small wound. Maybe he just felt guilty since he was the one who coaxed me to ride that bicycle. 

Then, I recounted what happened at the park especially why I think he felt sorry towards me.

“You are starting to like him,” Yoona said seriously.

“I DO like him, there is nothing not to like about him... he is a nice person.”

“Not that level of likeness I’m talking about!”

“I don’t like what you are implying,” I snapped wearily.

“Aigoo, don’t deny it. You’re seeing him now as a potential boyfriend.”

“I do not!” I uttered sharply but she was grinning like crazy, “Fine! I don’t want to argue with you because I am so new to these things. But I don’t feel anything special.”

“Really? Then why did you tell him about your dad?”

“It just happened. There’s nothing special to it.”

“I don’t think so; it matters to you for a long time.”

“Maybe it doesn’t matter anymore.” I answered thoughtfully, “Ya! Stop over-analyzing what I feel. I don’t even do that for myself! Besides, I just met him; it’s not even a week.”

“Love at first sight, my dear.”

“Ha! Love? That’s a big word, you know? And I’m not a big believer of those kinds of stuff. Okay, the fact that I’m doubting love; love at first sight is even a worse issue.”

“Aigoo, you have so many issues!” she laughed, “Why don’t you just fall in love?”

She was snaking on me like crazy as I tried to push her away, “I haven’t even experienced your butterfly effect!”

“Huh? Really? As in none?”

I nodded, “Yeah… as in none.”

“Okay, you’re a tough one indeed…”

“How about you? You have been telling me about what you did, where you go with your boyfriend. But how did you know that you were in love with him?”

“Hmmm… you know the story right? We have known him since middle school and one day, something just happened that I could not understand. All I know was that I want to be beside him. One day, I just walked up to him and told him how I felt.”

“Yeah, you were so amazing. I never thought you would really do that and I was even pulling you away! I can never have that courage!”

“I was really scared and embarrassed when he just excused himself and left me standing on the library. But one day, after their basketball game, he walked up to me and said, ‘let me do it properly…’”

I laughed at her attempt to imitate his voice. I have heard this story a thousand times but I’m still mesmerized by that glitter in her eyes.

“’Im Yoona, will you be my girl?” Then she lied down on my bed, “That was the best afternoon of my life… he has this crush on me for a long time and he was just scared that I won’t accept his heart… good thing, I made the first move.”

“Aigooo…” I sighed and brushed the hair off her face then laid myself down beside her. Both of us staring at the same ceiling.

“I get these all silly feelings sometimes… I get all giddy inside when he appears out of nowhere. And you know, when he tells me that he loves me, I just could not understand the feeling like my heart gets too big and it’s gonna explode anytime?”

“You get that feeling?” I wondered as I turned to her. I always tell my mom, and even her, those three words but it doesn’t really have that effect she was talking about. 

“Yeah, it’s an amazing feeling,” she smiled and I can tell that she was actually thinking of him, “And I hope you would feel it too…”

“I don’t know about that!” I playfully hit her with the pillow.

An hour later while we were both busily making a report, Yoona popped up an elbow and turned to me.

“Ya, what’s your plan today?”

“Me? Finish this paper…” I simply said and continued typing.

“Ya, we have so much time for this, what’s you plan with your boyfriend.”

“Oh that,” I murmured hoping she won’t fuss, “He said he’s in school all day today so he can’t take me out.”

“Oh, that’s sad… but you will see him this afternoon?”

“I don’t think so. His class is until six,” I said unaffectedly.

“What? And then he will do the show—oh! He doesn’t do the weekend shows!”

“I know…” Uh-oh. She was glaring, “Fine. I will tell you but promise not to freak out, okay?”

She raised her hand with her doe eyes wide open so eagerly that all I could do was to sigh.

“He’s taking me to dinner tonight.”

“CHINCHA!? CHONGMAL?!” she freaked out anyway.

“YA! YOU PROMISED!”

“Okay fine! But! Ottokeeeeeeeeeeeeeee…….”

I have to cover my ears.

“Oh.my.god. How did he ask you?”

“He just sent me a message that he would take me to dinner. That’s it.”

“And you said yes?”

“And I said yes.”

“What are you gonna wear?! We need to go shopping!”

“We don’t need to; I have a lot of clothes in my closet.” I answered casually, “Besides, he told me not wear a dress or skirt.”

“Huh? He won’t take you to a fancy restaurant?”

“I wouldn’t want him to take me to a fancy restaurant, for that matter.”

“Hmmm… no way! Still we will go shopping and buy you something y!!! And do some make-over, of course!!”

“Oh no you, I won’t!”

Yoona has always been physically strong so I ended up being literally dragged to the mall. My mom was no help at all since she happily gave us her credit card. I was still grumbling as she inspected clothes from store to store and grabbed her phone on our third stop.

“Oppa, you are taking my bestfriend to a fancy restaurant, right?”

My ears suddenly burnt and my jaw dropped. She just could not do what she was actually doing! I tried to grab the phone but she was blocking me with her free hand grinning wickedly.

“Ahhhh… chongmal? That’s good to hear then!”

“How dare you?” I mouthed in annoyance and just gave up when she ended the call with a smile, “Yoona! Why do you keep on doing this to me?!”

“I’m giving you a life!”

“You are not! You are messing with what I have!”

“Aish! Let’s just stop this,” she flipped her hair and grew devil’s horns. “Well, Oppa—your Oppa said he will indeed take you to a fancy restaurant. And since you can’t wear a dress, you will be wearing this!”

She shoved a pair of black denim to my face and I shook my head. “I have enough pants!”

“But you need this one…” she snapped and looked imaginatively at me, “We don’t want to doll you up so much and you would surely frighten him away with a too strong look. Don’t worry, my dear friend, you will thank me after!”

“Just make sure of that…”

Hours later and back to my bedroom.

I looked at myself at the mirror. The tight-fitting jeans were somehow comfortable despite the fact that it was, yeah… too tight. The black tunic vest complimented my simple white top beneath it as chunky necklace, from Yoona’s collection, ornamented my simple get up. Indeed, I have to thank her.

And something more to be thankful of was that she left my hair alone and only suggested for me to wear my black knitted beanie. The high-heeled sandals were kinda too much but I don’t want to pop her little bubble since she seemed enjoying herself dressing up the big doll called me. 

Ironically, I found myself pretty.

“Gyaaaa…”

She smiled with a thumbs-up as we both looked at the mirror.

“Thank you for not overdoing me.” I said with a slight grin.

“This is your first date. Even a bigger event than a prom night.”

“Since nobody asked me to come.”

She rolled her eyes. “Since everybody knew you were not coming.” 

~~~

He was leaning over a white car just outside our apartment building. He looked just like the first day he came to pick me up at school. I waved when he saw me and pointed over his motorcycle silently parked two cars away from where he was.

“I thought Oppa bought a car for tonight,” I grinned motioning at the white vehicle at his back.

He gave a hearty laugh and massaged his nape, “You still haven’t given up the thought that it’s dangerous to ride a motorcycle.

“Maybe…” we walked towards our ride.

“By the way, how's your wound?”

I lifted my arm and showed him my elbow, “It’s fine now, the color is going back to normal. Thanks. You don't need to worry so much about this tiny injury, it won't kill me...” I beamed remembering his sentiments on the radio.

“I can't help it, besides I brought you to that place and somehow I felt guilty making you remember all those things that hurt you before.”

“Oh that... it's okay, maybe I need that once in a while. Uhm... sorry for Yoona’s call this afternoon. She’s a nosy type.”

“It’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter