Twelve (Almost Complete)

Complete
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER TWELVE





“Ya! Where are you? We have been waiting for you for an hour now!”

“An hour?”

“Okay, fine... not an hour around ten minutes! But Seo Hyun, it's friggin' ten minutes! You're making your unnie, who happens to be your bestfriend in this whole damn world, wait for that long--”

“Okay... okay... I got your point, but can you wait a bit. I need to buy something.”

“Okay, fine! Just move fast and come quick or else we're gonna leave you...”

“I will, thanks!”

Seo Hyun closed her phone and continued inspecting the displays in front of her. She doesn't know exactly what to buy but the sudden impulse to get something sent her to that street. The sales girl seemed to have given up on her since she fell quiet after offering everything on the store but nothing seemed right. She could not tell how many shops she has entered but she didn’t really care. Besides, it was Sunday and there was nothing to do.

Yoona called her that morning setting up a date with her boyfriend and her with Jin Woon but the latter phoned that he could not come because of an earlier engagement. She said yes since she was too bored inside the house and if she won't do anything, it would make the whole day seemed longer.

She remembered the weird thing that happened to her last Friday where she really waited outside the school gate and it took her a few minutes to realize that she was waiting for no one. The whole business with him was making her lose her focus and she doesn't know if it was good or bad. Maybe she just misses his presence more. She doesn't like the idea of being dependent on others but she could not help it. It's like knowing he is around is like a security for her.

Almost giving up, she stood to jump to the next shop when something caught her attention. Among those rack of necklaces was a solitary dogtag with a silver guitar pendant. She looked at it closely before asking the woman to show it to her. She took it out of the box and carefully inspected it. The sales girl said it was the last piece. The engravings on the tag were the characters hope and love. 

It seemed like it found her more than she found it.

The sales lady sighed and she walked out of the store with renewed energy.

The subtly overcast afternoon made it easier for her to walk out comfortably instead of wanting to ran to the restaurant where she would be meeting her bestfriend. Seo Hyun was already thinking of how she would be spending the rest of the day after the meeting since she was sure that Yoona would be hanging out with Nickhun again after their 'date.' Sundays was dubbed as Khunie Day and she even felt weird why she was asked to tag along. She did not complain or refuse since it was an escape from a long and boring day.

Yoona waved at her animatedly when she found them on one of the outside seats of the ice cream restaurant and Khun was so much of a gentleman when he stood and pulled a chair for her.

“What's thi—”

She shoved the paperbag behind her back when her nosy friend was about to snatch it, “It's not for you...”

“Ya! I was just asking...”

“Chagiya...” Khunie gently tugged Yoona's arm and turned to her, “Nice to see you again, Seo.”

She nodded at him with a smile. It's kinda odd that people loves calling her in different names. Somehow it was okay felt more personal than Ju Hyun. She doesn't really like her name. Yoona ordered for her and she silently dug in to her food.

“Ya, why are you so quiet?” Yoona pouted while Nickhun stood to get her more tissue.

“I am?” She turned to her then back to her food, “There's just nothing to talk about. Anyway, why did you ask me here? It's Khunie Day, isn't it...”

“Every day is a Khunie Day, you know?” Yoona rolled her eyes and adjusted herself on the seat, “Anyway, I just thought you might be all sad while your boyfriend is away and all so me and Khunie decided to adopt you for today.”

Seo Hyun shook her head while her friend smiled innocently as if she knew that she was giving her a huge favor, “What gave you an idea that I'm all sad that his away?”

“Huh? You are not? But by looking at you, you really do. The looks of flanking your math exams.”

“I look that way? Uh! The thought just gives me creeps...” she acted as if cringing and they both laugh, “But yeah, somehow I miss that guy.”

“I knew it!” Yoona winked and prepared her beautiful smile when Nichkhun walked back.

“So Seo, we're going to the amusement park after this, you go with us, okay?”

“Hmmm...” she took one bite of her ice cream cake, “I'll think about it, my mom's meeting her friends today and she told me to be home as early as I can.”

“Excuses... excuses...” Yoona mumbled rolling her eyes.

“Baby...” Khunie held her hand and she stopped.

Seo Hyun decided to focus on her food when they started to get so touchy with each other again. Khun leaned closer to Yoona wiping the sides of her lips with his thumb and they were both giggling and whispering. That was one of the reasons why she doesn't really like hanging out with the two together since they have the tendency to zone out and create their little planet around observers. Now, she started thinking of the best way to kill to Jin Woon for not going with them and leaving her to endure that kind of misery.

Her phone rang just in time when she was about to puke seeing him kiss her bestfriend on the cheek.

“Oppa!” She bubbly said before he even said hello.

“Too excited to hear my voice?”

“Aniyo! Why are you like that?” She pouted and nodded when Yoona was mouthing if it was Yong Hwa. “So why did you call?”

“Nothing, I just miss you...”



“Hyun?”

“Yes?” She giggled to herself trying really hard not to look too happy since the two were looking at her.

“You're supposed to tell me you miss me too. Or, you don't that's why you can't say it.”

“Yeah, I do! But I can't say it right now,” she tried to whisper but failed when Yoona raised her brows.

“Why?”

“Oppa... can you give me a sec?” She put the phone on her chest and turned to her spectators, “I would really appreciate it if you two would go on with your business, please? You're gawking is making me uncomfortable continuing my own business here...”

“Fine...” Nichkhun raised his arms in the air in surrender and took Yoona's hands again.

“Oppa, I'm sorry.”

“Yeah, it's okay... where are you?”

“Hmmm... eating ice cream with Yoona and her boyfriend.”

“Oh, ice cream... hmmm...”

“How's your dad?”

“He's better now than days ago.”

“That's good to hear,” she said then thought for awhile before continuing, “So you're coming back tomorrow?”

“Hmmm... I'm not sure about that, why? Miss me much?”

“Aigoo, Oppa...” she ate again after that sigh, “Oppa, we better come here when you come back. The ice cream here is really good.”

“Yeah, it is really.”

“Huh?”

“I mean, there are a lot of good ice cream parlors downtown. What a pretty sight it would be seeing you eat your ice cream in this gloomy afternoon.”

“Oppa?” Something was making her feel strange.

“Oh, the weather here in Busan is a little cloudy, how's yours?”

“Here too...”

“Ahhh... so it's like being with you still.”

“Oppa, are you bored?” Seo Hyun giggled imagining those silly eyes.

“Me? Knowing you're around is giving me relief. So no, not bored at all.”

“Oppa... something is weird,” she put her spoon down and tucked the strands of hair behind her hair as the wind passed her, “Do you happen to be in Seoul right now?”

“Hyun,” he was chuckling, “What gives you that idea?”

“Uh...” she shook her head, maybe she was just thinking so much.

“By the way, you look pretty in that yellow dress.”

“Oppa!” Her heart pounded as she stood and looked around.

“What's wrong?” Yoona looked baffled when she stood.

“He's here...”

“Yong Hwa Oppa? Chongmal?” She said as she turned too.

“Oppa! Where are you? Why can't I see you?!” She grumbled as she continued to look around. The restaurant was not too big but there were only a few vacant seats even inside as she tried to get a peek. “Oppa... stop joking now...”

“Stop looking at the wrong directions then.” 

His voice has that obvious mischief on it so she grumbled again, “Where are you?”

Nichkhun cleared his throat and crossed his arms on his chest that the two girls finally took notice of him. He puckered his lips in front of him and they both looked behind at the direction he was pointing. On the other side of the street, Yong Hwa stood with an ice cream cone in his left hand and the phone on his right. He took a bite of the cone and grinned widely when she finally saw him.

“Ya...” she pouted, “Come over here this instant!”

“Yes, ma'am,” he chuckled turning to the corner and finally crossing the street. He was wearing the shirt she gave him the day before he left. 

“Oppa! You know about this?” Yoona took her seat again.

“Hmmm... he called me this morning.” He grinned satisfied with the turn-out of their little surprise.

“Oh, you sneaky little baby!” Yoona squealed and peck a kiss on his cheek as her arms lazed on his neck. 

Seo Hyun did not even notice the scene the two were making as she waited for him to come closer. The phone remained on her ear but both of them fell silent as if waiting for each other. He walked across with ease and confidence only him know how to exude. She smiled to herself feeling all silly inside and the sudden sight felt like her first time seeing him. She just noticed how handsome he is. That sly smile, those gentle gaze that held hers, the way he moves-- it was all new to her. Is she crushing on her boyfriend? How silly... she kicked herself inside. 

It's good though, Yong Hwa is her first crush.

“Can we hang up now?”

He said when he was at least ten feet away from her that she could even hear his voice from that distance. She fixed a straight face and stopped fangirling Yong DJ for awhile and ended the call.

“Hi,” he acknowledged her friends when he reached them and pulled a seat while giving her a look.

Seo Hyun furrowed her brows acting disappointed of him as he took a seat beside her, “How long have you been there?”

“Around thirty minutes or so?” 

“Huh? Seriously? That long?” Yoona pitched in, “You mean you even arrived earlier than us?”

“Yeah, that's why I was telling you to hurry,” Khun supplied. “Nice work, man...”

“Thanks to you...” 

The two guys did a high-five and their girlfriends jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter