Fourteen (Almost Complete)

Complete
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER FOURTEEN


‘cause i love her with all that i am
and my voice shakes along with my hands
‘cause she’s all that I see and she’s all that I need
and i'm out of my league once again
- out of my league (stephen speaks)



Months have passed so quickly that it felt like only yesterday that they have been together. The seasons have changed but the warmth in his heart just keeps on increasing and increasing as days go by. Just like what the song says, he has fallen in love honestly so he's wearing his heart on his sleeves. He has fallen so deep in love that even a fool could see.

Everything seems to fall in the right place. Seo Hyun was more affectionate than before when she was more reserved and she even moved a notch higher by always arranging dinners with him and her mother. That made him really closer to her mom and having that instant family away from Busan. They also got the hang of all the Nichkhun-Yoona romance that it was kind of comfortable and fun hanging out with the two. To add, Seo Hyun found a new family with his three younger brother friends that they would spend a whole afternoon just playing at Jung Hyun's studio. If the boys are not available, he would just borrow the whole place and spend the time just lazing with her over some movies or just singing. He discovered how nice her voice is and it blends well with his. They, indeed, could make beautiful music together.

Yonghwa smiled to himself, the weather has been good to them today. The easy breeze was blowing gentle enough not to make it appear like it’s raining leaves. Carefully, he rested his head on her shoulder and felt her move as if surprised but she settled in silently and let him be. It was their 100th day but she doesn't want to do anything fancy. He had suggested everything days ago when they were planning on what to do. From going to the amusement park, which she really loves, to visiting Namsan Tower, but she would just shake her head with a 'shiro'. 

“Then what do you want to do?” He grumbled in an almost exasperated tone.

“Nothing,” she smiled sweetly, “That's what I want to do on our 100th day. Nothing.”

“Nothing? There's nothing special about nothing!”

“Who said? Oppa... think about it, perhaps we are the only couple who did 'nothing' on our 100th day.” Seo Hyun giggled then smiled when he creased his brows, “Okay, I just want to do nothing with you... just being with you is like a celebration itself.”

“But we do that, almost every day already...” he continued to disagree.

She moved closer to him placing her palms on his cheeks, “Okay... if you really want to do something. Then, it's fine with me...”

Yong Hwa sighed closing his eyes. They ended up really doing nothing. Well, she always has it her way, anyway. But he was finally liking it, just sitting in the park with his head on her shoulder as she silently reads her book. It was the best thing to do on their 100th day. 

“Hyun-ah...”

“Hmmmm?”

“Don't ever cut your hair short, okay?” Yong Hwa whispered with eyes closed as the scent of her hair played on his senses.

“Okay...” Seo Hyun mumbled back.

“Hyun-ah...”

“Hmmmm?”

“On our two hundredth day, are we still going to do nothing?”

“Of course...” she mumbled, still engrossed on her book.

“Arasso...” he smiled and gently slid down to rest his head on her lap. She lifted her book and peered down at him raising her brow so he pouted, “I'm sleepy...”

Seo Hyun just smiled then closed her book placing it on his stomach, “Thinking about it, Oppa. Maybe we should start planning what to do before we reach 200.”

“What do you mean?”

“Like we should have things to do before the day we do nothing again...”

Yong Hwa chuckled wondering where she was getting all her ideas so he just gave her a slight nod, “Okay, let's do that...”

“Okay!” She grinned wider and took her knapsack resting beside her. She took out her diary and pen. “First, we have to go to Namsan and do the lock thing there. Hmmm? But wouldn't it look too cliché?

“What cliché are you talking about? People in love really have to do that!” He scolded.

“They have to?” 

He sat up chuckling when she looked up tapping her pencil on her cheek thinking hard, “Ya... just write it there and stop thinking about it.” 

“Okay... what else? Hmmm...”

“Ya...” he nudged her gently with his elbow and winked with a smile, “Let's go to the beach and watch the sunset and sunrise...”

“Sunset and sunrise... hmmm... that's a nice thing to do,” she smiled satisfied but she turned to him frowning, “So that means we need to stay overnight?”

“Uh-huh...” he proudly nodded then smirked, “Just you and me, Hyu~un...”

“Eeeeeeeeeee.... Oppa!!!” She grumbled as she pushed him away.

“Ya!” Yong Hwa glared at her as she put her book on her chest as if securing her treasure, “When did I ever take advantage of you? I have been so careful, Hyun...”

“Arasso...” she smiled and relaxed. But then again, he did take advantage of her already when he was thinking she was asleep and he kissed her! So she glowered at him but turned away when she realized that she could not with that.

“Wae?”

“Nothing...” she whispered, “Anyway, we need to visit Busan together too...” she wrote that without even confirming with him.

“And you will take me to Daejon...”

“To Daejon?” Seo Hyun turned to him with a serious face, “Why would we go there?”

“You said your grandmother lives there so you need to introduce me to her.”

“Hmmm... you're right, but maybe I can just call her and tell her to come here, instead.”

“Why do I feel like you don't want to bring me there? I was even thinking of playing soccer over there...”

“It's not like I don't want to bring you there but....” she stiffened and just decided to tell him her thoughts, “Oppa, Daejon is a sad place and... I really don't want to be there...”

Despite that slight smile, Yong Hwa could tell that there was something awful that she felt in her heart and scolded himself for mentioning that place, “Okay... I'm sorry. If it's a sad place, then let's not go there! Only happy places!”

“Majayo!” Seo Hyun grinned wider, “Maybe we can also plant a tree...”

“Huh?” He turned to her. Yong Hwa just loves her randomness, “Plant a tree?”

“Yeah... that's something meaningful! By that, we are also helping the environment and the future generation, just think of it Oppa, our great-great grandchildren will benefit from that.”

Now he could not hold his laughter and bursted out, much to her surprise that all she could do was to laugh herself. “Aigooo... Seo Hyun, you're killing me!”

“Oppa! Stop laughing now!” She grumbled rolling her eyes, “This is not a laughing matter, you know...”

“Fine... just list whatever you want...”

A few minutes later...

“Wow! The list is getting longer and longer!” Seo Hyun clapped animatedly.

“Really?” He smiled when she nodded and continued, “What do you have there now?”

“Hmmm... here...” she handed him the list and nodded with satisfaction then wrote on the empty numbers while shielding it from her.

“What did you write?” Seo Hyun tried to peek, “Ya! Oppa, we should write something we both agreed on!”

“Ya! Most of them came from you so I need to make my contribution too,” he pouted and grinned childishly when she nodded and smiled, “Okay, I will let you read it but no erasures on this list, okay...”

“But--”

“No buts, Seo Ju Hyun!”

“Okay, fine...” she nodded and took the paper. KISS. She took a quick look at him and back to the paper again making sure she really read it right. KISS. Right there, in all caps. “Oppa!!!!”

“Ya! Don't get so psycho over it...” he chuckled as he watched her pout. “We're supposed to do that, you know...”

“But...” she pouted with her head falling down. She knew she could not win over it since he looked more determined than playing around. “Okay, let's just finish this list...”

Almost an hour later as the sun started to descend from the horizon, he laid himself on the bench resting his head on her lap again while she was reading the list.

Things to Do (Before Day 200 or Beyond-- No Expiry)

1. Go to Namsan and get our locks.
2. Beach trip to watch the sunset and sunrise (note: no taking advantage )
3. Visit Busan.
4. Meet Hyun's grandmother and aunt.
5. Meet Yong's appa and nuna.
6 .Plant trees (c/o Hyun)
7. Play in the rain.
8 Call each other every morning.
9. Joy ride around Seoul till morning.
10. Learn how to play guitar (Hyun).
11. KISS.
12. Learn to dance (Yong).
13. Dance under the moon.
14. Read a book.
15. Meet each other's family.
16. Train ride to nowhere and back.
17. Couple rings!
18. Backrubs.
19. Take a shower together, the Yong and Hyun way >.<
20. ^^ sleep together too!
21. Compose a song together.
22. KISS.
23. Yong should buy her roses, those pink buds are cute and sweet.
24. Hyun should buy him tulips, but he wants it as a surprise.
25. Eat the best ice cream in town.
26. Jejudo trip!!!!!
27. Get lost somewhere... together... of course.
28. Plant some flowers at Yong's apartment
29. Surprise birthday parties!
30. Couple tees (yes, we want them now... but only for sleeping -.-)
31. Backhugs and piggybacks.
32. Bake cakes.
33. Have that REALLY fancy date.
34. Bike rides (but we always do this. Yes, but it's something special too)
35. KISS. (again?!? No erasures, Hyun~)
36. Drive each other crazy, some more (‘cause we always do this, anyway).
37. Count the stars in the sky (this is impossible! Ya! We have like forever to do this!)
38. Fight. (Do you really want this one, Oppa? Hyun, the making up part is the best.)
39. Kill time.
40. KISS. (Aigooo, Oppa... it's getting a good deal of space! Hyun, we should end everything with a kiss, okay?)

“Keut! Finished!” Seohyun closed the notebook then turned to him, “We can still add some more, right?”

“Some more kisses?” He batted his lashes but nodded in surrender when she glared, “Arasso... of course, we can add more!” Yonghwa scolded gently then took the notebook from her, “We should make another copy for me so that we won't forget what he have. Hyun, promise me, this list has no expiration. We will do what's in this list no matter what.”

Seo Hyun nodded with a smile, “Yes...”

“You promise?” Yong Hwa eyed her impishly.

“Yes, I promise.”

“Do you, really?”

“Ye~es! Oppa!” She g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter