Forty Seven Part 1 (Complete)

Complete
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 47. Complete

 

God gave me you to show me what's real

There's more to life than just how I feel

And all that I'm worth is right before my eyes

And all that I live for though I didn't know why

Now I do, 'cause God gave me you

~ God Gave Me You (Bryan White)

 

PART 1

 

“I brought chocolate cake, everyone!” She declared cheerfully and ignored her brother's disappointed sneering as he left the room to take a shower.

 

When the door banged close, she turned to Seo Hyun who was now standing beside her and was self-consciously helping her put out the cake, “So, did my brother behave himself?"

 

She found smiling suddenly became a burden but tried so hard to relax. With one puff of air as she spoke, Seo Hyun nodded, “Uh, yeah, unnie...”

 

Tiffany dropped the bread knife leaning her waist by the counter and crossed her arms on her chest. She knew she was wearing her evil grin again but she could not really hide her excitement catching the two in action, something which she really loved to witness for a long time now. Clearing , Fany fixed a serious tone, “Seo Hyunie, tell me the truth did he—?”

 

“Oh, no, Unnie!” Seo Hyun's eyes widened then found herself twirling towards the other direction and pretended to get something. The small flower vase by the counter ended up in her hand. When she realized the object, she put it back slowly and braved herself to meet the older woman's questioning eyes. Seo Hyun ended up regretting for it made her even more nervous. With voice fading, she mumbled, “What makes you think that he—“

 

“I would know, Seo Hyunie!” She laughed softly tapping her bulging stomach. Then brushed a palm on Seo Hyun's cheek, “But oh well, there's really nothing wrong with it since you are both adults but just be careful, you know...”

 

 

“Oh my gosh...” It finally occurred to her what she meant that intensified her nervousness. All of a sudden, she wanted to cry, “Unnie! Umma is going to kill me.”

 

“You mean you did not—“ Just then, the door opened and Yong Hwa emerged, obviously looking like he did not step inside the bath at all, Fany could not help herself but snapped at her brother as one hand rested by her hips and another just under her baby bump as if it would fall any moment , “Ya, Jung Yong Hwa! Why weren't you careful?!”

 

“What are you ta—“ Yong Hwa's surprised expression traveled from his sister to Seo Hyun but he gaped at the younger girl when it dawned on him “Did you tell her?"

 

“S-she figured it out...” Seo Hyun said in an undertone with worried eyes.

 

“Aish! Nuna, go home!”

 

“What? Are you throwing me out?”

 

“Yes, I am so throwing you out because you're freaky and you're scaring Seo Hyun!”

 

“Oppa! It's not th—“ Seo Hyun's mind was moving so fast she could not really focus on anything. All she could thing of was that big possibility, “Oppa, it's not like that I-I... oh gosh, what if I became...”

 

“See? Nuna, you better go home. I will talk to my wife— I mean, Seo Hyun...”

 

“You called her what?” Fany snickered as the two exchanged surprised looks, “Ya! Don't tell me you two got married already!”

 

“Aish, Nuna, please... just leave.” Balked, Yong Hwa raised his hand in surrender especially when Fany just crossed her arm on her chest drummed her fingers on her arms looking exactly like a provoked lioness. “Fine!”

 

Seo Hyun's eyes widened and bit her lips. With a small shake of her head, she looked at him begging not to tell her. It's not that she doesn't want his Nuna to know, but she want their 'random marriage' be kept to them. Like a secret that none should know but them. She wants it that way until forever. So once more, with their eyes speaking, she smiled a little then he nodded.

 

“But we are getting married soon. That's all I can tell you now, Nuna.” Yong Hwa gave his sister an apologetic smile and noticed that her shoulders finally relaxed, “I can never thank you enough for everything that you did for us. Thinking about it, you are the reason why we got back together. You are like the fairygodmother, Nuna, and who knows what you sacrificed for me to get Seo Hyun back. I love you, Seo Hyun loves you too and you know that and we are thankful that you love us both so much that you don't want us to be the same crap we were before when we parted. But please, Nuna, leave this to us... leave everything to us now...”

 

Fany twitched her lips, rolled her eyes, sighed and sighed again until her smile appeared— her eye smile lightened her face, “Arasso, yaedeul-a,” spreading her arms, “Ya! What else are you waiting for! Give this pregnant woman some love!”

 

Seo Hyun laughed and ran to her and took her embrace and Yong Hwa sneaked behind his sister that Fany ended up being sandwiched by the two. “I love you, Unnie... we love you so much... and thank you for bringing my prince back.”

 

“I love you both...” Fany whispered as she pecked a kiss on Seo Hyun's cheek. It was like seeing her efforts paid off— paid well. Yong Hwa was right, all along she knew that she doesn't need to go butting in to their relationship. But how Fany wants things to be, Fany makes sure things happen her way. Well, close enough but at least she could finally see that genuine smile from her baby brother's face. All her life that's exactly what she wanted. Yong Hwa is the only family she has, the only one left of by her parents to her. Besides, she promised their mother that she would do everything for him. Her tears streamed down her face, silly Hyun Joong hormones!

 

It was Yong Hwa who peeled off first and chuckled upon seeing his Nuna's tears, “Aigooo, Nuna! Stop crying!” They all laughed while Seo Hyun wiped them for her.

 

When she finally felt composed, Tiffany turned to Yong Hwa again, “So, punk, I guess I'm not needed here anymore.” She started for the door as he, snaking his arm by Seo Hyun's waist, walked with her. He opened the door for her and the two girls gave each other one last embrace then she was out. “You, two, go ahead with your... err... whatever you have been doing before I arrived.”

 

“Aigoooo,” Seo Hyun sighed as the two chuckled. Fany waved for the last time and Yong Hwa closed the door.

 

After finally changing the password, he turned to see her sitting by the corner of the sofa unconsciously biting her nails looking totally in deep thought. Yong Hwa took the other end of the seat and for quite a few moments, they were silent. Taking a throw pillow, he gently pushed it to her until she focused on him and drew her lips a tiny smile.

 

“What now?” He asked rather jovially as if setting back the mood but she just looked away shrugging that it made him complain out loud, “Aish! My sister really!

 

Seo Hyun laughed softly, shaking her head and throwing back the pillow at him, “But we love her, Oppa...”

 

“Of course we do but sometimes she overdoes the minding-our-business thing.”

 

“She's cute and funny.”

 

“Yeah...”

 

Silence again. Yong Hwa knew that she was still thinking about it and he wanted to kick himself for not realizing it earlier. He didn't want her to feel bad because knowing Seo Hyun, it was really a big deal for her. He continued to watch her until he started, “Hyun, I think we really need to get married soon.”

 

“Me too,” she replied without peeling her eyes off her nails.

 

“So what? Let's do it?” He reached out and touched her arm until she turned to him.

 

Seo Hyun puckered her lips then a wider smile blossomed as she nodded, “Yeah, let's do it...”

 

“This coming summer at the beach.”

 

“At the beach?”

 

“Not a good idea?”

 

“Oh, no! I love it!”

 

“Okay great! Let's get married, Hyu~n!”

 

~~~

 

Two months later...

 

Seo Hyun brushed her palms together as a nip of spring breeze played all around her. Everything seemed to be growing back to life. Tints and hues are starting to replace the bleak black and white of the past winter as trees are starting to gain back their colors and birds chirping overhead made the surroundings even more lively. Plopping both elbows on the table, she sighed letting her eyes wander at the open field. It was really a good day to wander off, or just sit in a bench with a good book to read; probably, get her diary too and scribble her thoughts. Besides, it was Saturday... besides, it was spring. She had more time in her hands and the beautiful weather to consume it with.

 

Then again, Seo Hyun puckered her lips remembering the time, she still has to meet someone that morning that she could not afford that waiting moment. 'He better arrive soon or I'll leave,' she huffed.

 

But she smiled. Finally, she was going to meet this girl that remained unnamed for quite a few months already. Minho mentioned before that if he was so sure about the girl he was seeing, that would be the only time he would introduce her to Seo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter