Forty Six Part 2 (Complete)

Complete
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 46. Forever

 

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

~ Everything (Michael Buble)

 

Part 2

 

They were singing on top of their lungs as Yong Hwa drove along the countryside. Cars were obviously starting to pile up because of the holiday rush. Thankfully, it stopped snowing and the roads were cleared faster the other night or traffic would have been horrendous. She bobbed her head up and down as he continued singing but she resigned to humming in the end. He promised another trip to the beach house after he fixed everything on his transfer to Busan. As he drove, they were discussing their plans including having the real ceremony right after she finishes grad school.

 

“So you're staying with CNSD? Why don't you resign earlier? I can support your remaining years in school, you know?”

 

“Wow, Director Jung is rich,” she giggled catching the second he looked at her and crinkled his nose.

 

“Who said I'm spending my money on you, Hyu~n?” Yong Hwa chuckled while focusing ahead, “You have shares on Appa's business...”

 

“Aish, chongmal...” she muttered pretending to be disappointed but giggled, “No, I want to continue working there while I'm still in Seoul. Besides, after two years I'll be moving to Busan with you, right?”

 

“Of course!”

 

“But, Oppa, can you tell Unnie to help me get back my old post? I miss my Hyo Unnie and the rest of the staff in her Office,” she pouted then pretended to whisper, “And, I kinda feel pressured having that bigger position with Director Kim.”

 

“Ya, hyung is kind. You won't have any problem working for him,” he assured her but he chuckled when Seo Hyun held his arm and gently shook it. Taking a quick glance, he laughed out loud with the begging expression she was wearing that he could not do anything but to nod, “Arasso, school might be tougher since you're about to finish and I don't want you stressed out too much.”

 

“But you'll be in Seoul every weekend, you should promise!”

 

“Of course! How can I not? That's too much suicide not seeing you for five days, Hyun.” He chuckled especially when she settled on her seat, “And I want you to move in to my apartment. It's time for you to give up your old place.”

 

Seo Hyun laughed that made him turn with a gentle glare, “I can't move in with you if we're not yet married. No way, Yong,” she playfully waved a finger and laughed some more when he rolled his eyes.

 

“Alright, fine... but do so when I transfer to Busan. The apartment is more comfortable and nearer to Appa's institution.”

 

“Algeso, Yo~ng,” she playfully leaned back.

 

“Argh! I want to drag the time! Why can't we make it after two years already?! I wanna marry you ASAP!”

 

Seo Hyun laughed at his playful release of frustration but felt the warmth on it as a smile rested on his lips, with eyes never leaving the road. “That's why I married us. Although, we need to have the real ceremony but in my heart I am already your wife and you are my husband.”

 

 

He smiled some more when her hand rested on his hand while it's gripping the steering wheel, “I know, Hyun. Is it foolish of me to regard that as our real wedding? The only bad thing about this is we can't have a baby in this kind of marriage or your mother might kill me.”

 

“Oh, she will! Definitely!” Seo Hyun laughed.

 

~~~

 

Hyun Mi gave the old sheets to the nurse after the latter fixed the new one on the bed. The younger girl excused herself and she showed her out. Hee Jun was sitting on the wicker chair looking out of the mirrored window as the snow slowly fell outside the veranda. She walked towards him and rested the shawl on his shoulders and sat on the sofa beside his seat, “Look, I made this for you...”

 

“You did?” He turned and touched the tip of the shawl. He smiled at her for a moment before shifting his attention back ahead, “My wife, she used to give me this every Christmas so I have a lot.”

 

“Really? Actually that's my Christmas gift for you...” she smiled and adjusted the shawl. 'Hee Junah, I'm sorry for I did not listen to you before. I throw away the years we were together just because I was jealous. For that single time I thought you cheated on me and never in my life did I think that you would do that so I broke away. I'm so sorry...' Her mind said but she could not really bring herself to tell him that. She could not say sorry right that moment for he was in his good mood and showing her emotions might make him sad. That was the last thing she would want to make him feel.

 

“Why are you crying?”

 

Hee Jun was looking at her with perplexed expression and she just noticed that tears were indeed flowing down her cheeks, “Ahhh... aniya... I just remembered something.” She brushed the tears aside and smiled, “Well, Mr. Seo, I think it's your bedtime already...” she started to get up but he suddenly held her hand.

 

“No... no.... You must sit here with me. It's the first snow fall, you see? We must watch it together.”

 

Hyun Mi laughed and shook her head, “It's not the first snow fall...”

 

Hee Jun looked at the falling snow before turning to her again, “It's not?”

 

She shook her head.

 

“But it's my first time seeing it so it's still the first.”

 

Hyun Mi laughed and sat down beside him again and took his hand massaging it gently. “Hee Jun-ah, I cooked mandu-guk for Christmas Eve dinner, do you want to eat now?”

 

“Okay,” he looked at her and nodded, “But I wish Ju Hyun is here with us...”

 

The glimmer in his eyes made her realize that he was on that episode where he was remembering the truth so she smiled, “Hmmm... maybe we should wait for them. She's coming with Yong Hwa later.”

 

“Who's he? Her husband?”

 

“Future husband, you will meet him later.”

 

“Aigooo, my daughter is getting married already. Our little Ju Hyun...”

 

“Yes, our little Ju Hyun.” She squeezed his hand gently. It was a rare moment that his mind would take him to his past, limited only to his remembrance of her and his little girl. He would ask questions repeatedly but end up forgetting in the end. And by that time, Hyun Mi got used to it and somehow felt thankful that he could only remember most of their happy past. “You should get better fast so you can walk Ju Hyun to the aisle.”

 

“I would like that...”

 

“And she would love that too...” Hyun Mi patted his hand as he stared at her with those gentle eyes.

 

“This guy that she will marry. Is he good to her? Did he come from a good family?”

 

“Yes, he does... he grew up with a stepfather that loves him so much.”

 

“Ju Hyun must love this boy...” Hee Jun sighed deep and his attention focused on their hands, “She used to love no one but her Appa... aigoo...”

 

Hyun Mi laughed when she remembered that he used to tell her that he would really cry on his daughter's wedding day, “Ya, old man! Hajima, we're not really giving away our daughter. Besides, Yong Hwa really loves Ju Hyun and I am sure he's going to take good care of her, so you should stop worrying...”

 

“That's good then... where is he from again?”

 

“Busan... your future son-in-law is a Busan namja...”

 

“Busan...” He looked pensive for a moment then blurted out, “I have good friends there...”

 

“I'm sure you do, Hee Jun.” Smiling softly, she squeezed his hand. Hyun Mi was about to fix the food she brought when a knock came on the door, “I think it's them...”

 

“Umma!!!”

 

Seo Hyun excitedly embraced her mother, the moment they got inside the room. Yong Hwa bowed at her but she pulled him in a tight hug that her daughter got sandwiched between them. Only when Seo Hyun grumbled that she released them and kissed her daughter again, “Hey... how was your vacation?”

 

“It was fun, Mom,” Seo Hyun excitedly said as they walked inside the room and she placed her bag on the sofa. “Oppa bought the beach house where we stayed. It's beautiful!”

 

“Really? That's nice...” she smiled at Seo Hyun walked over to her father and pecked a kiss on his forehead. Yong Hwa was starting to arrange the food they brought on the table so she walked over to him and helped, “She looks so happy.”

 

“She really enjoyed the time off...” Yong Hwa smiled while folding the paper bags. She sat beside her father softly speaking perhaps about their trip, he could not really hear them well but she looked really happy. He thought that his stepfather must be so happy at that moment. It was his dream— the only thing he longed for.

 

“Thank you for making my daughter happy, Yong Hwa...”

 

Her mother's voice stole him away from his thoughts that he looked at the older woman, “No eomoni, you don't need to thank me. She makes me happy too, more than I thought possible.”

 

“Aigooo...” she hissed and Yong Hwa chuckled. Suddenly, she remembered what she was thinking awhile back so she led Yong Hwa to where Seo Hyun and her father were sitting. Hyun Mi pulled the other wicker chair closer as the young man sat beside her daughter. She took Seo Hyun's hand and touched the glistening diamond on the ring she was wearing, “So this is the engagement ring?”

 

Seo Hyun looked at him for one second before giving her a nod, her eyes seemed to sparkle with her smile.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter