Three (Me and My Five-Day Boyfriend)

Complete
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

DAY TWO: Oppa?

 


I opened my eyes and shot a glance at the ceiling. The radio was now on its morning program that means I fell asleep even before his radio show. I did not exactly promise that I would listen since I've got my hands full of homework and I normally put on Mozart during study time. But, I did tell him I would try. 

I turned the radio on at exactly eleven after doing my readings as I lie down on bed. Apparently, I fell asleep. I brushed the remaining sleep from my eyes and turned it off changing to the CD mode. Ah, my Mozart on a lovely morning. I sat up and reached for my book. After a few chapters, I hurried and prepared for school.

After my morning classes, I hang around by the field doing advance reading for my next classes. I was really enjoying solitude when—

“DETAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

That squeal doesn't need guessing or even my turning to see who it was so I remained fixated on the book I was reading by the shade of our favorite tree. She sat across me and pulled my book.

“Ya… stop screaming…” I said in an exasperated but mellow tone.

“What happened? Tell me all the details!”

“What details?” I snatched back my book and tried to search for the messed up page.

“Your date with your handsome boyfriend!” Yoona grinned.

“Oh that...” I said simply and gave up looking for the page I was reading. “It was okay. I didn't expect they call it date. More like what we usually do or what I usually do when I eat on a restaurant with other people.”

“Oh come on! You are so frigid!”

“Ya! Don't use that word here!” I look around praying hard nobody heard her then I snapped back, “And I am not fri--- THAT!”

“Oh yeah you are!”

Here we go again. I rolled my eyes. “But really, I am telling the truth! Why would I lie about it?!”

“You're right, I guess,” Yoona said thoughtfully, “But you did had that butterfly in your stomach thingie, right?”

“Butterfly? Do I suppose to feel that?” 

“Aigoo, Seohyuna!” 

She slapped her own forehead; it must have hurt a lot, “Wae?”

“Being naïve is cute sometimes, just sometimes, alright?” 

Okay, I'm kinda naïve per se, I admit that. It's just that, “Yoona-ya... since I don't know what I'm really getting into and since this is your entire fault. Why don't you just help me?”

“Seohyuna, I know it is my fault but,” she said in a serious tone, “But if you are planning to run away on this, there is no way I am helping you!”

She glared at me but I would actually love to strangle her and so I ended up laughing, “No, silly! I mean, at least tell me what to expect.”

“That's why you should start watching romantic movies!”

“Aish! I don't have time for that!”

“Okay, fine… I’ll just tell you the do’s and don’ts,” she said rolling her eyes, “Get your notebook ready. You're officially enrolled to Dating 101 with Professor Im!”

“Yeah right...”

Moments later.

“Aish chincha! Seohyuna, are you sure you want to learn?! Stop rebutting whatever I'm saying! You are such a hard person!”

“But I don't get it! Why should I change my ringtone and callback tone to his voice and set my wallpaper with his picture? And call him every hour? Ask him if he has eaten breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack? If he was sweaty? For crying out loud, I'm not his mother! And I am not you and he is not your Khunie!”

“Ya! Do you want my help or not?! And don’t bring my Khunie in this argument!” 

Her stare was that of a final warning that I should just shut up and listen. What do I expect? I just pushed the button named Khunie. 

She heaved then started calmly, “Okay, you don't need to do those things that I said. Just the simple ones. Seo Ju Hyun, repeat them again.”

“Arasso,” I pouted in defeat and lifelessly read my notes. “Smile a lot. Be gracious. Don't whine. Stop reading when he is telling me something. Act interested--”

“It's not what I said,” she waved her finger.

“Be interested with what he says. Don't talk politics unless he initiates it. Don't discuss the Law of Gravity or Einstein infamous equation, in short, don't bore him to death. Do some aegyo once in a while... aigoo...”

“What?!” She glowered with a suppressed laugh.

“You know I don't do aegyo!”

“It's time you start doing it then...” she smiled helplessly.

“I am such a hopeless case then...” I put my chin on my arms. 

“Not really... why are you feeling like that?”

“I just feel sorry for him. He deserves a normal girl for a girlfriend, not a weirdo like me...” I buried my face on my arms then felt Yoona sitting beside me.

“Eh, don't be like that...” she rested her head on my slouched back, “Besides, it's only for five days you will worry about that. And you are not a weirdo! Wait.”

She pulled me up, “What?”

“Did you even exchange numbers?”

“No...” I blinked twice.

“Aigoo...”

~~~

I really tried hard to focus on the book in front of me but I couldn't seem to get my mind off the idea. It should even make me happy, I scolded myself. Maybe that guy decided not to go on with the dating thing. That's probably it! Smiling to myself, I leafed through my book.

“Ju Hyun, someone's looking for you outside.”

It was Hu Min my classmate in Management. Arranging my things, I decided to leave the l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter