Two (Me and My Five-Day Boyfriend)

Complete
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

DAY ONE: Meeting THE Boyfriend




“Ahhh... so you are the lucky girl?”

The flabby secretary smiled nicely at us while I sign the documents to claim the prize money and, probably, my boyfriend. “Uhm, can I just sign here and not print my real name?” I inquired hoping my innocent smile (the same one I would pull if I badly want something from my mother) would capture her heart.

“Oh sure! Don't worry, dear!”

That was weird since I was signing important documents. Oh well, at least it worked.

“Congratulations again! Come to think of it, he's even the lucky one, you're such a pretty thing...”

“Aniyo,” my mom says I’m pretty too. I don’t know.

“You can stay at the waiting room. I think he is in a meeting right now.”

“We will, thank you...” It was Yoona who beamed as we bowed to be excused.

“Are you excited?”

“And why would I?” She was giving me that silly grin again as we sat on the black leather couch, “I'm terrified...”

“Eh... stop being like that...”

She slapped my arm so I gave her my fake smile, “Arasseyo, I'm so excited! Just make sure I won't faint when he comes out, okay?”

“Fine... but really, thank you for this and for all the trouble.”

Yonna's smile was genuine that all I could do was to nod, “But, you owe me the five days I'm gonna lose for this so-called relationship.”

“Whatever... Omo! Here he comes!”

“Ya! Don't faint!” I joked but my heart suddenly raised when I heard those footsteps since my view from the hallway was being blocked by that fake plant. Yoona, on the other hand, motioned for me to stand so I hurriedly brushed the creases on my skirt.

“Hi...”

The deep voice almost caught me off guard as I finally looked up to meet his eyes. He was standing around 180 centimeters with dark brown hair that fell somewhere on his brows. And, oh, he was wearing earrings. Boys these days...tsk...tsk...

“Two pretty ladies and I can't guess who Seohyun is.”

“It's her...”

Thank goodness for my bestfriend's pushing me forward as if I was the only unsold bargain, “Ye... but... she's...” 

“But, I'm sorry, we need to tell you something.”

Yoona saved my stuttering soul that all I could do was to shut up and stare-- look at him. I don't stare, it's bad.

“Go on...”

He sat coolly on the couch and gestured for us to do the same.

“You see, I was the one who sent her name since I have a boyfriend already. We just tried it just for fun and did not expect this result,” she lied.

“Oh really?”

Oh, he was looking at me. I swallowed hard, “De...” 

“And, Seohyun here doesn't have any ex-- Awww! Do you really have to do that?!”

Yeah, I stepped on her foot, “I'm sorry about this but I'm really not comfortable with the idea of--”

“You mean, you don't want me to be your boyfriend for five days?”

Why does he have to sound so unaffected? “W-well, yeah...” and Yoona was gently elbowing me.

“Hmmm... I'm afraid that we need to get the prize money back,” he said with that slight curve on his lips.

He stood and I panicked looking at my friend's eyes in wonder, “Hey wait... is it really like that?” 

He nodded matter-of-factly.

I thought for a while then said under my breath, “Oh... then, I-- we don't have any other choice.” 

Darn, he smiled! Not really that I care if he did.

“Yeah... so?”

“So...” I wished my bestfriend would in or something. I turned to her for help but she nudged me to look at the man again-- with his outstretched hand.

“Hello... I'm Jung Yonghwa, I believe you are my girlfriend.”

“For five days... Seohyun...” I hesitated but eventually took his hand. It was soft and cool. I let go as he laughed at my introduction.

“That's really your name?”

“Since it's just five days, it's better for you to use that.” Well, it's actually the name used by those people close to me, but he doesn't need to know that anymore.

“Eherm... I'm Im Yoona, her bestfriend.”

“The one I should be thankful to?”

I don't really understand that question

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter