Chapter 28

It's Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-

Krystal shut the door and dragged her sister inside. "Soojung! What---" As Jessica shouted Krystal covered with her palm signaling her not to holler. 

"Shoosh! Don't shout unnie!" Krystal whispered. Jessica lifted her brow and glared at the younger one. 

"What do you think you are doing? How rude of you to leave Taengoo like that alone with our parents and drag me inside Soojung!" Jessica said.

"Unnie listen! I have no time to spare. Dad might be thinking that we already left so hear me out for a while. This is something important to you. Actually it's more important to Taeyeon unnie but I can't spill this out in front of her."

"Wait, wait, wait Soojung! Wh-What are you talking about? What is this important thing? I mean if it's related to Taeyeon you should go and tell this to her."

"I cannot! That's why I want to relay this to you first. This is more risky and complicated."

Jessica adjusted her position. "Okay, go ahead! I am listening." 

Krystal let out a heavy sigh before talking. "So.." She continued. "..Do you know about Taeyeon unnie's parents? I mean had she ever told you something 'bout them?" She asked before pointing out.

Jessica shook her head. It's true. All she knows is that Taeyeon already lost her parents but Taeyeon had never mentioned to her how they died. Somehow, she didn't know the reason. 

"No, not really. I hardly can remember. Why?" Jessica asked curiously.

"Unnie, I am not sure if you are going to believe this or not but you will have to. Because I was also on the same situation before." 

"Soojung come to the point, will you?" Jessica said feeling irritated towards the younger girl.

"Her parents got murdered unnie." Krystal finally directed. 

"What??" 

"Yes, her parents were murdered. Do you even have the slightest idea of who killed them?" 

"For god's sake Soojung, I don't have the power of telepathy to read your mind. Tell me who killed her parents and why?" 

"It was.." She paused before talking. "..dad.'" She said.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Huh??" 

"I know this is complicated and too much to take in so I'm going to solve this thing out to you. So listen carefully."

Jessica remained silent. She wasn't sure if she heard it right. Her father was a murderer. A killer. The hidden image of her own father who raised both of them since they were still babies, caring and nourishing them with love but was all of that a dream? Jessica thought. Her mind was not ready to accept this bitter truth but for pete's sake it's Taeyeon's parents who he had killed. How in the world could this happen?

"I'm not going to say how I discovered this thing but I will tell you what dad told me. Okay?" The younger girl said putting both of her hands on her sister's hands. 

"Promise me you are not going to tell this to Taeyeon unnie?" 

"...."

"Unnie?"

"Soojung, this is weird. I-I mean if her parents died and if she's their child, what's the point of hiding this, from her?"

"She will know. For now, keep it as a secret." Krystal made her sister promise by stretching a hand and Jessica put her palm on her sister confirming. "Okay." Said Jessica.

"This is what it's like." Krystal began.

"..Mr. Kim or Taeyeon unnie's father, was one of dad's best friends from their schooling period. After they both graduated from college, Mr.Kim had started his business..you know, the restaurant which Taeyeon unnie currently owns..at the early age of his life, he married Mrs.Kim, Taeyeon unnie's mother right after he started his business. As time passed after Taeyeon unnie's birth, the business went really well. You know unnie, people compete with each other just to empower and spread their faculty. Same with uncle Kim and our dad. Being best friends is not a reason when it comes to business..."

Jessica listened carefully. She was nervous and at the same time quite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter