Chapter 12

It's Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Continuing from the last chapter) 

 

 

Her bedroom was quite small and cute as Jessica expected. Taeyeon was always fond of simplicity, as long as she could remember. Well, simply for everything. The whole room was normal but small green pea plushies could be seen everywhere. Taeyeon loved them. Jessica was annoyed of this little pea-like toy thing because Taeyeon loved them much more than Jessica, which Taeyeon always about.

 

On the walls, there were beautiful paintings of butterflies, flowers and minions. Basically, if you ever had a chance to peek into Taeyeon's room, this was what it would be like. This was her life, no matter how old she got.

 

Taeyeon had offered her some of her clothes to wear. As Jessica rummaged Taeyeon's closet, she got lost with the smell of her perfume. She honestly loved Taeyeon's smell. As Jessica had nothing else to do, she sat peacefully on the bed and turned the television on.

 

After a while, Taeyeon came into her room. "Jessica, do you mind waiting here alone for a bit?" Taeyeon asked furrowing her brows.

 

Jessica hated the thoughts of being alone. Occasionally, Yuri will come for a sleepover at Jessica's but most of the time, she was alone. And somehow, she get used to that, living alone.

 

When she was with Taeyeon, back when they were still high school students, both spends a lot of alone time at their dorm rooms. From those days, Jessica began to have a habit of hugging something when she slept. It could be a pillow or a teddy or her puppy-like Taeyeon. That way, she wouldn't feel alone and lonely. Somehow, it helped her to feel more secured.

 

She hated the idea of Taeyeon leaving her alone in her apartment and she suddenly, felt pissed off.

"Are you...going somewhere?" Jessica asked putting her phone on the table beside the bed.

 

"Yes, I'm just going to the store, to get some cheese and eggs." Taeyeon replied.

 

Jessica sighed before replying. Taeyeon sensed Jessica's mood.

"It's okay. I'll be fine." She said.

 

A smile could be seen on Taeyeon's face. "Thanks! Be here, I'll come in a few minutes. Store is just around the block. Don't worry." Taeyeon said as she picked up her wallet.

 

"Okay!." Jessica simply answered. Taeyeon closed the door and left. Jessica was feeling pissed for some reason. Why?

 

 

-

 

 

Inside the grocery store, Taeyeon was busily choosing some fresh eggs for a cake she want to bake. It was a relief that the store was not packed with people.

 

Suddenly, Taeyeon felt someone pat her shoulder. She turned to look at the person and saw a dark brown haired girl grinning at her. Taeyeon also grinned back with excitement in her eyes.

 

"Taeyeon unnie, it's been a long time." The girl greeted.

 

"Oh my, Seo! How are you?" Taeyeon asked as she hugged her friend.

 

"I am good. How about you, unnie?" Seohyun asked back.

 

Seohyun, who was Jessica’s secretary, was actually the cousin of Taeyeon from her mother’s side. After the death of Taeyeon’s parents, they took Taeyeon under their care and treated her like their own child. Seohyun’s parents never let her miss her real parents, as they gave so much love and care. Seohyun was like her own sister, that she never had. Since the accident of Taeyeon's parents, Seohyun’s father managed the restaurant, until Taeyeon graduated and proved to be reliable. Then he handed over the restaurant’s ownership to Taeyeon officially.

 

At the age of fifteen, Seohyun went to study abroad with her father but came back alone, soon after her father's death. Unfortunately, Taeyeon never knew any of these things. When she got control over the business, she moved out of Seohyun's house. She didn't want to bother Seohyun or her parents anymore but she swore that she would always be there for them, something she wasn't able to do.

 

"Better now. When did you come from America Seo?" Taeyeon asked as she saw Seohyun's faced suddenly looked gloomy.

 

“I…” Seohyun stopped in the middle when suddenly lights flickered out leaving them in total darkness. Both, Seohyun and Taeyeon stood where they're standing gawking around but couldn't se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter