Chapter 10

It's Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

(Countinuing from the last chapter)

 

Jessica was a bit confused for a moment. She was damn sure that she parked her car at the lot and took the car keys before she went inside the shop.

 

"Who the hell dare touch my car?" She muttered as she stared angrily at some random people who were gazing back at her with a weird look. A call came suddenly when she was about to move.

 

"Hello?" She answered like usual.

 

"Is this Miss Jessica Jung?" Jessica furrowed her eyebrows when she heard the unfamiliar voice.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Well, I called you to inform something important, miss. You might wonder where your car is right now, aren't you?" Jessica was surprised. Her car was with them. With the person who called her.

 

"..." Jessica stayed silent.

 

"I'm from your insurance company. I am sorry to inform you, we had to take back your car, since the company informed you haven’t paid lease yet." Jessica wanted to argue back. But she couldn't remember when she had last paid the lease of the vehicle. Due to her short memory and busy schedule, she could forget everything easily. "!" She cursed as soon as she realized.

 

"Miss, are you there?" The man repeated.

 

"Uh, yeah. I'm really sorry! I was busy for a while and uh…when should I have to clear the lease?" Jessica asked.

 

"We will let you know soon. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please understand that we are just doing our job."

 

"It's okay. I can understand. Please, let me know as soon as possible. Yeah. Thank you." She hung up cursing for the second time. Her life is getting more and more difficult. First she lost her car and right now, she had to call a taxi or walk to get home.

 

Jessica walked to a nearest cafe and waited a little longer to catch a taxi. To her dismay, not a single taxi was there. It was already six o'clock in the evening and the blonde was dying with hunger. She could easily get something to eat but she was lazy.

 

When the girl was almost spacing out, she heard a beeping sound of a vehicle nearby which made her more annoyed. "Beep Beep" The noise was getting louder.

 

"Yah!" Jessica groaned while looking at the direction where the beeping was coming from. She almost coughed seeing the familiar figure. Another encounter...with her.

 

Inside the car, Taeyeon was rapidly waving her hand at Jessica to come. Somehow, she felt relief as the short girl was there to accompany her.

 

"What are you still doing here, Jessica? Where's your car?" The oh-so-short lady asked with a concern while looking at Jessica.

 

"I..uh..well,..uh..the insurance company had taken the car a while ago. I forgot to pay the lease. So, I was just waiting for a taxi to come by."

 

"I see."

 

"What are you doing here, Taeyeon? You should get going?"

 

"No..uh..I just had to take some stuff but saw you here when I drove past. Well, if you like, I can give you a lift." Taeyeon volunteered to help Jessica. She totally knew that the girl was quite helpless at the moment.

 

Jessica was surprised when she heard, Taeyeon wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter