Chapter 2: Kiseop, WHY?

Saviour: Right Next to You

AJ locked up his apartment and went down the stairs to the unit, below his apartment. Reaching in his pocket for the keys to the house, he tried to listen to any noise coming from the apartment. He knocks three times; as he usually does as a sign he’s here and unlock the doorknob.

            The place is neat as usual, everything is left untouched. He walks pass the kitchen and saw a leftover food and unwashed dishes in the sink.

            “Good, at least he ate something.” AJ thought to himself as he made his way to his best friend’s bedroom.

            He knocks again, although he knows the door is unlock. He turns the doorknob. It was locked. This has never happened before. Panic begins to reign over AJ as he tries the bunch of keys of the apartment he has but to no avail.

            “No…no…no…no. He wouldn’t. He promised. Please…please…please.” AJ tries to fight off the negatives thought his mind is constantly coming out with.

            He was left with no other choice, but to try to break open the door. He slammed himself to the door with exceptional force once, twice, thrice before the door gave way and swings open.

            There he saw his best friend since childhood, all curl up in a ball on the feet of his bed. Is he unconscious? Sleeping? AJ can’t tell. He drew closer to his best friend to listen to his breathing. AJ let out a sigh of relieve.

            AJ opens the curtains to let some sunlight shine in the room. He slides open the window to let some fresh air in as the room is stuffy and smells like dump. The bed was left untouched, so there’s practically nothing he have to do except for…

            “Kiseop, wake up. It’s AJ.” AJ, lightly kicks the back of his best friend.

            Seeing no response, he woke him up again. This sight of his best friend is really killing him, ripping up his heart every passing day. Depression. The only thing that snatched his best friend away and there’s nothing he could do. They promised their brotherhood, to be there through thick and thin, to stand by each other for support. But still, Kiseop was still swallowed by this evil monster called Depression. It’s been 2 months.

            “You can leave now. Just, don’t bother me.” Kiseop whispers, breaking AJ’s chain of thoughts.

            “I will. But you got to promise me you will stay out of any nonsensical things. Don’t even think of…”

            “Just leave.” Kiseop murmur.

           AJ let out a huge sigh. Kiseop slowly stand up and went out of the room, with his head hang low. As he leave, AJ saw a bottle under the bed. He reached out for it.

            “He’s taking this pills again.” AJ thought to himself.

            Hearing the toilet door close, AJ put away the bottle into his bag and leave the house, to head to the Fountain Terrace at the neighbourhood park.